maybe I'm actually genderfluid?

AVEN #1 fan

AVEN #1 fan

*sigh* I never thought I'd be questioning my gender on the Internet bUT here we go:

So, for a very long time of my life I was ambiguous, ambiguous both as in androgynous  (with masculine and feminine traits) and gender neutral/unisex  (without these traits), I feel comfortable as long as I can make people confuse and sound neither like a man nor a woman.

As a teen, after questioning my gender a lot, I realized I fit into androgyne/bigender and i was an non-binary genderqueer transgender, as i like to have masculine and feminine traits in my body (I also have body dysphoria as I wish I could have mixed traits from both sexes, as this is the best way I feel comfortable with my body and making it look ambiguous),.... but something feels wrong, I behave and dress just like  unisex/gender neutral, and this makes me confused, sometimes I wish I could hide all my gendered traits and pass as a nullo/sexless person. (Maybe bc I feel safer and at least comfortable with myself that way, as gender neutral, society doesn't bother you as much as they bother androgynous fellows).

Anyway, I behave in the most unisex manner as possible everyday,  my body is the only gendered trait I have but I like it androgynous and that way. But sometimes I wish I could pass as sexless, hide my gendered traits and be totally gender neutral. by the way, I don't care for how people see me, I don't care if they see me as a gender I'm not.

Seriously I already questioned If I was neutrois before instead of androgyne. Now I belive maybe I'm genderfluid BTW androgyne and neutrois?  or maybe I'm just an androgyne who likes to be seen as sexless at times, but does that make me less of an androgyne/bigender?

What's the difference BTW an unisex androgyne and an neutrois?

SamwiseLovesLife

There's a good book I'm reading at the moment is called 'The ABC's of LGBT+' written by Youtuber Ashley Hardell. It's only about £5 on kindle and I've found so many terms so far, it might be worth getting a copy :) I know It uses terms like 'neutrois' and 'bigender' and defines them.

It's been my impression that neutrois refers to a third sex, that is neither man nor woman and not any combination either. If gender were colours, and if man was blue and woman red, then neutrois might be yellow. But anrogyne is a combination of the two, so it would be purple. And agender, of course, is no gender, thus maybe see-through?

My point is that it's possible to be genderfluid between andgrogyne and neutrois. If at points you feel like a combination of both binary genders, and at others you feel that your gender exists but is a third gender that is neither man nor woman, then that sounds like it's right.

AVEN #1 fan
3 hours ago, Heart said:

It's been my impression that neutrois refers to a third sex, that is neither man nor woman and not any combination either. If gender were colours, and if man was blue and woman red, then neutrois might be yellow. But anrogyne is a combination of the two, so it would be purple. And agender, of course, is no gender, thus maybe see-through?

My point is that it's possible to be genderfluid between andgrogyne and neutrois. If at points you feel like a combination of both binary genders, and at others you feel that your gender exists but is a third gender that is neither man nor woman, then that sounds like it's right.

I understand the analogy, but I prefer to be seen as androgynous, whether I'm with feminine and masculine traits on or just being unisex, I'm unsure whether or not it's just the androgyne nature or if Imay actually be floating BTW androgyne and neutrois.

It's a very subtle line, I know. It's hard to know.

For what it's worth, if it's just presentation, then it may be worth just figuring out how to be comfortable. Finding ways to present as both and as neither, and just use each when you feel like it. You can have a fluid presentation without having a fluid gender (and indeed, I would argue that most people do this). However, the trick is in figuring out if this goes deeper than presentation I guess. I have no real advice on that side of things...

:cake:

AVEN #1 fan
7 minutes ago, Heart said:

It's a very subtle line, I know. It's hard to know.

For what it's worth, if it's just presentation, then it may be worth just figuring out how to be comfortable. Finding ways to present as both and as neither, and just use each when you feel like it. You can have a fluid presentation without having a fluid gender (and indeed, I would argue that most people do this). However, the trick is in figuring out if this goes deeper than presentation I guess. I have no real advice on that side of things...

:cake:

Thx anyway.

Archived