I don't quite know if I'm aromantic.

TimberWolfPac

TimberWolfPac

While this is very new for me, I felt like it might help if i'd ask for advice on this sort of stuff on the forms here. About two maybe three years ago, I found out i was asexual. Now that's not what I'm quite here to ask about so I'll very quickly go through that. Before I found the term asexual, I never really understood what the big whoop was over sex. Once I found the term, I was enlightened with this new found knowledge, and quickly came to terms with that identity. Fast forward a couple years to the present, and my romantic orientation now is much more complicated. Of course to me at least. Before now, I kinda had the idea the that i might be aromatic in the back of my mind. It was something that I truly didn't think much about because I was so sure I was heteroromanic. Recent events however has made me really rethink on that and a lot of my past so called romantic feelings. About a two month ago i was in this short romantic relationship. It lasted a little less then a month, but i ultimately just ended it off. Not because the person was a horrible significant other  or any other outside reasons. It was because I didn't have any real romantic feelings for her even though I truly thought I did at the beginning. Here's the thing though. That is how it's always been for me, or at the very least that's how I think it's been. Anyone that I've gone out with never lasted too long, and usually I'd be the one ending it. Again most of the time it's just because i didn't even have any real romantic feelings for the person even though i thought i did at the beginning. This has got me really thinking. Maybe I've never truly had those feelings. Maybe what I thought was these amazing romantic feelings that come with a crush were just stronger platonic feelings or aesthetic feelings i was confusing with romantic ones. I don't even think I've ever had a real crush. It doesn't quite stop there though. Whenever I was in a relationship, I never really got anything from physical parts of the romantic stuff Kissing, holding hands, etc. It was all just dull. Like I was touching a wall. There was no emotion from it. It was just touching. So all of this as lead to me just being really confused. I don't quite know what to think.

Well, you're in good company, because beyond enjoying holding hands I'm quite the same way :)

Hermit Advocate

I feel the same way about kissing, it does absolutely nothing for me. Maybe you should browse the Romantic and Aromantic Orientation page.