AceCon 2018!

Wiseja1987

This is it, the little org I started to host Ace & Aro conventions! I've never been comfortable asking people to donate money, but I'd be so, so grateful if you either did, or shared it with people who are interested. Not just to get this event off the ground, but so we can reach as many Ace/Aros as possible who'd want to attend.

Oh! and suggestion more than welcome on marketing/PR stuff. it's really not my strong suit, and i don't have a Board member for that yet (hint, hint).

https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/acecon-america-2018/x/16371648

straightouttamordor

I will send 20$ for the cause. Best of luck !

Dang, I have zero disposable income now. I hope it all works out, though!

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Wiseja1987 said:

This is it, the little org I started to host Ace & Aro conventions! I've never been comfortable asking people to donate money, but I'd be so, so grateful if you either did, or shared it with people who are interested. Not just to get this event off the ground, but so we can reach as many Ace/Aros as possible who'd want to attend.

Oh! and suggestion more than welcome on marketing/PR stuff. it's really not my strong suit, and i don't have a Board member for that yet (hint, hint).

https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/acecon-america-2018/x/16371648

what is going to occur at this event, and how can this event help asexuals?

We are going to have several speakers present on diverse topics relevant to asexuality (we're still sifting through our options, so I can't be more specific yet), We're also going to provide space for Ace artists, writers, and other merchants to promote their work at the convention.  We'll also have some semi-structured socialization to help foster connection between people who attend. After the event, we will use footage, pictures and interviews (all with permission) from the convention for awareness campaigns and a way to reach other Aces with information about resources and community.  Also, we're going to gradually build out our website to be a platform for Ace voices, using whatever following we gather to signal boost people who are doing important things in the Ace community.

In short, while the convention is the central event, the organization is geared towards sharing resources and knowledge about activism, advocacy, and community.  We're also focused on raising the visibility of Asexuality and the inter-sectional identities of Aces. 

Hermit Advocate

Where is this going to be held? 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived