What made you join aven ?

arekathevampyre

arekathevampyre

for me I was randomly looking on materials on asexuality when I found Aven and took me a while to join cause I was not used to being online (I have no social media prior this . now i am on aven) . what about you guys ? 

And what do you like about aven ? I like that I can "meet" different people all over the world . Keeping connected . 

Three words.

The (A)sexual documentary.

Came because of the documentary, stayed for all the awesome people on here.

SamwiseLovesLife

Trying to understand my sexuality, I just googled Asexual and it came up :)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I joined AVEN because I knew I was asexual, however it took me 2 years to join. In 2014 I began slinking though forums as a guest and in February 2016 I joined (merged account)  of course I hang out in chat  a lot but I also am now going through forums more after looking through them and seeing more that I like.

It's informative.

And it struck a pretty strong chord with me.

I am totally biased though.

Here's the trailer.

UnicornQueen

I wanted to join Polish forum for aces to meet new people and learn more about asexuality but I was unable to sign up so I decided to join AVEN. 

arekathevampyre
1 minute ago, argar said:

It's informative.

And it struck a pretty strong chord with me.

I am totally biased though.

Here's the trailer.

looks not bad  is it on youtube ? Or where can I find it online ?

Yup,

I am not sure how complete it is.

I saw it on Netflix.

Here it is:

I heard of it through several YouTube videos, so I decided to check it out. It seemed like a cool place, so I joined. It's the first social media thing I have, too.

dragon_nerd

I heard about asexuality on youtube, did a bunch of research and figured out that I am asexual and in the process found AVEN. When I finally accepted that I am asexual I joined the site 

And I've watched the documentary, it's very good.

drjohnhwatson

I think I read about it on some site, like a list of sites for asexual people to use.  Some of them were just penpal things, which I didn't go on.  Some were pay to use.  And at least one (ace-book) was/is SO DEAD that I very rarely use it.

I like that this site is usually hopping.  Like every day there are new threads or at least old threads that are interesting keep moving and don't die as soon as they're created.

There's also the opportunity to talk with people all over the world, which is nice and helps to make one feel not quite so alone when navigating the asexual waters.  something something pirate mention goes here.

I was bored one day and joined... and somehow I'm still here two years later... 

I don't know what I like about aven, but it managed to keep me here this whole time and I don't plan on leaving in the foreseeable future so... :P

can't remember how I exactly came across it though... 

ChillaKilla

Aromantic resources

arekathevampyre
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 11:58 PM, yourcaptaiin said:

Joe Parrish

i actually read about Joe Parrish before I even knew about Aven . :)

I was trying to figure myself out for 2 years, and a few times last year I was looking around youtube out of curiosity. I found out about AVEN, looked around as a guest every now and then and found the more I looked into asexuality the more it all clicked. I had thought I was asexual for a while but I wasn't fully confident about it till some time last year. 
For about a month before I joined I struggled with whether or not I wanted to. I wanted to because I thought it would be nice to talk to people who were the same as me, as I've never had the opportunity IRL. I am lucky to have very understanding friends and family, but it wasn't the same as talking with people who understood completely. The only thing keeping me from joining at first was my shyness.
But, a close friend talked me into making an account and I'm glad he did. :)  

arekathevampyre
2 hours ago, YamiCake said:

I was trying to figure myself out for 2 years, and a few times last year I was looking around youtube out of curiosity. I found out about AVEN, looked around as a guest every now and then and found the more I looked into asexuality the more it all clicked. I had thought I was asexual for a while but I wasn't fully confident about it till some time last year. 
For about a month before I joined I struggled with whether or not I wanted to. I wanted to because I thought it would be nice to talk to people who were the same as me, as I've never had the opportunity IRL. I am lucky to have very understanding friends and family, but it wasn't the same as talking with people who understood completely. The only thing keeping me from joining at first was my shyness.
But, a close friend talked me into making an account and I'm glad he did. :)  

good to have support from family and friends . :)

Grumpy Alien

I was bored, thought I was asexual, needed the community, had questions.

None really... Just thought why not?

Google said there were meetups.

I wanted a more active forum to hang out on, than my previous one. (which was dying). AVEN was the only viable option because it was the most active. (out of things I could use a forum for)

I wanted to learn more things about asexuality and aromanticism, since I had never heard of it before. 

But I only started to become more active this year, because I had nothing to do and was bored. 

It was an extra that somehow, my experiences match up a lot with these concepts, though I don't to use any label. At least for now. 

Divide By Zero

I lurked on AVEN many years ago while figuring out if I was asexual. After I figured out I was, I didn't really see any reason to join, although in hindsight I wish I had. In recent years a lot of people I know have married and had kids and it's made me more aware of my asexuality, which is what led me back to AVEN. I'm hoping to meet other asexual people and I've been to two meet ups so far.

Ah, baby me six years ago stumbling on this site.....

Meh, I had heard about asexuality somehow (honestly can't remember, might have just been a google search) and when I found the forums, I immediately signed up because I figured why not. And it was love at first.... no it wasn't. I actually didn't take to it at all as I was still figuring myself out.

But it seems I came back after a few years so it worked out ;)

Nea Rose Symphony

I heard about it through a deviantart asexuality meme. I eventually started adopting the label for myself then once I fully realized this is me, I joined

Archived