Catholic school experiences?

So, I go to a private catholic school, and I was wondering if anyone has had experiences of how catholic schools are with ace/LGBT+ people like myself.

Looking forward in my health classes, it teaches about a couple sexualities (gay, bi, straight and asexual) but I'm worried about it being either

A) just required by the curriculum and they don't like it

or

B) students won't be accepting

Lord Jade Cross

I dont know how all the schools do it nowadays but at least from back when I was at school (a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away) catholic schools pretty much acted as a less violent yet equally persecuting version of the holy inquisition.

Anything that wasnt straight and sexual merely for the intent of procreation was subjected to tiresome mental lessons of "purity" where they would "attempt to save you from the path of the devil"

While more schools today are obligated by law to be inclusive, I very much doubt catholic schools are being all that compliant since theirs is the "way of god"

NerotheReaper

I went to a private catholic high school, we never had a health class since that was already covered back in middle school. I had theology classes everywhere and all of them were Christian based and they all were basically there was a "We are the superior religion" undertone to the classes. So I wouldn't be surprised if some teachers will try to impose certain beliefs on sexuality on the students. I went to a public middle school and that health education sucked, they were basically like "don't have sex, or you will get pregnant and die". No mention on how to have safe sex, or that there are other sexualities and that's okay. Very straight and narrow and that was a public school. As for other kids being accepting, I am friends with some kids on social media from my high school days and a guy recently came out as gay and everyone who commented was very accepting and supportive. So it just depends on where you are, and how good the school system is really. 

I go to a school in the Jesuit tradition (I'm not really religious but it's more of a background thing here, beside religion classes its not in your face). Our sex education was, here's the biology, here are the STDs, here are the awful results of some. Be safe kids! Nothing else. Just physical and the consequences. Then we moved onto drugs and stuff. Maybe they were trying not to assume by doing the minimum but on the flip side by not doing anything they're leaving people out and leaving them to find these things on their own. Luckily up coming generations have the internet and that's what mostly helped me. 

I went to many private schools, if I remember it they were all Catholic. However they seem very loose about the religion thing compared to a country like the US. Transgenderism or sexual orientation weren't subjects I heard about during sex education. I can only recall teaching about condoms, STDs and pregnancy.

Grumpy Alien

I went to a Catholic high school (graduated in '11) but they weren't homophobic or anything. It was pretty accepting. But it'll differ from school to school, person to person.

I went to private Anglican (basically Catholic) school and BOY were they terrible. Just to give you a sneak peek, I mentioned wanting a career instead of getting married and having kids right out of college in Bible class and my teacher told me that I shouldn't want that and that it was my duty as a woman to get married ASAP and populate the earth. 

Also if you came out as gay they would make you go confess in the sanctuary. <_<

I do know that my school wasn't necessarily "typical" and I think as a general rule you're probably better off if your school is large rather than small; more people, more faculty, more relevant opinions. I would say tread carefully but the fact that they even mention those sexualities is already a good sign (my school never spoke about sexualities let alone sex in general because it was so taboo). 

Good luck!