I would second the sense of humor comment. I repeat to my sexual friends AVEN jokes, and they respond by saying that I'm just describing a fact, which isn't funny.

People might be going on-and-on about how appealing person X is and I'm like "They have pretty hair :D" or another thing will be looking at a sex situation (or similar situation) from more of a biological/ecological standpoint and I'll be like "oh look, my ace-ness is showing". 

Vicky Angel

Probably the fact I haven't dated in eons 

chair jockey

My total absence of sexual response at almost all times in contact with other people. Imaginary situations can make me sexually responsive, and there's a curious phenomenon when imagining a real person who happens to be present can do that as well while the real person doesn't, but that's rare. And it's incredibly rare for me to feel responsive to the actual real person. In recent times I've finally completely eliminated internal self-imposed pressure to become sexually responsive when I am just not, and in the absence of that internal pressure I can judge pretty clearly whether another person turns me on in the slightest or not. Since the start of 2017 I can remember just ONE time I had even mild sexual responsiveness to another real person (just some stranger in a laboratory waiting room whom I happened to notice). That's pretty damned close to totally asexual.

Grumpy Alien

My reproduction system 

When I was in my studio art classes, if we happened to have a nude or partial nude model, I'd be looking at them solely from an artistic point of view (looking at the color saturation, how the lines move on the body, etc.). Other people would be trying their hardest to hide their horiness. Other times there were people who were visibly uncomfortable with the idea of a nude/partial nude model in our studio (girl flat out said "I feel awkward drawing her breasts") and I just shrugged my shoulders.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

My mind is mostly lost in volcanology and only processes geological data, I have never been sexual either and I'm in my late 20's....... In fact I'll go on about geology for hours. 

Vicky Angel

I was uncomfortable in drawing classes with models

I don't think permanent clothing would work well

Not dated, and a total inability to recognise flirting etc 

Never been in a solid relationship & me having sex is the last thing on my mind.

I'd pick a random 7th division football match over a sexual/romantic encounter any day :D

Anthracite_Impreza

"Why aren't you interested in dating?"

"Why would I do that? Then I'd have to spend time with them instead of killing the French on mediaeval total war"

I'm so asexual, I break hearts. :D ...or is that just a personality trait, hmm, can't be too sure.

Vicky Angel
On 3/27/2017 at 9:36 PM, nataliemae said:

@Vicky Angel I think you just crushed my life-long dream, that's what I think.

By all means dream.  I was simply sharing my input. 

I'm not ace but the most ace thing about me is my total indifference to whether or not I ever have sex again. Honestly, if I had to choose between having to give up having sex with my partner or having coffee with my partner (for the rest of our lives) I'd happily give up the sex forever in favour of the shared morning coffee :P

sir octepus tea

That I don't experience sexual attraction to anyone

Anthracite_Impreza
On 30/03/2017 at 0:13 PM, nataliemae said:

Because I don't like football and whatever medieval total war is (guessing it is a game), I find it especially believable that you both are ace.

It's not a game, it's a way of life.

56 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

It's not a game, it's a way of life.

This applies to both :D

I can discuss sexual encounters/techniques/experiences/... with _very_ attractive people without going off to it in my mind - and they trust me :)

Archived