I came out to my boyfriend

So I'm a demiromantic asexual and I have been in a relationship with a heterosexual guy for about two months. We go way back, 8 years, give or take and 3 minutes ago I came out to him about my sexuality. I'm waiting for a response and I'm so damn nervous and I have no idea why am I writing this post but it is making me feel a bit better.  

Icebearpanda

The time between being honest about who you are and getting the response to the honesty can be nerve-wracking, Kudos to you for telling him. I hope it all works out. 

dear friends, 

thank you all for support! Everything went well we are still together and he is really supportive! :) 

Love for you all!

Nea Rose Symphony

Hehe, I was super nervous when I came out to my boyfriend through kik too. Like "omg it happened, he's gonna see it". I didn't know how he'd react. He at first asked what it was, I described it. Then asked his thoughts and he said it made sense. This took place during our several month long break so I figured I didn't have much to lose. And now it doesn't matter since I've compromised and it's only created a few spots of tension in the past

On 26/03/2017 at 6:36 PM, Ace_Machina said:

Hopefully he'll be accepting if he really cares about you.

He can be accepting of it for sure. Accepting of it doesn't automatically mean though he will want to continue with the relationship as a boy/girlfriend relationship.

Mine did accept it as well ;P

Well done. It's important to be honest with yourself and your loved ones.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:33 PM, 187 said:

dear friends, 

thank you all for support! Everything went well we are still together and he is really supportive! :) 

Love for you all!

I'm so happy for you! Wonderful news!

On 3/26/2017 at 0:33 PM, 187 said:

dear friends, 

Love for you all!

Yay for open communication and supportive partners!!! A good story with a good ending :P 

Archived