Would you like to know when you are going to die?

Ortac

Would you like to know when you are going to die?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to know the day, month and year that you are going to die?

• Yes, absolutely.
    • I think I probably would, but I am not absolutely certain.
    • I really don’t know.
    • I think probably not, but I am not absolutely certain.
    • No, absolutely not.

This poll is closed to new votes

Nah...why ruin the surprise? :D 

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest I'd like to know more how I'm going to die not the year, month and day :) 

• 4 months later...
E Wildflower

I checked "probably, but I'm not sure", but after thinking more about it and reading some others' responses, now I really don't know.

On 3/26/2017 at 1:26 PM, Dreamer23 said:

Absolutely!

Sounds super convenient :)

I could get everything done by then and all. (I mean, I'd also be invincible until then. If I can't die any earlier than the disclosed day, I'd take bullets to the chest for money! :P)

I'm not sure that I would put myself in harm's way for money, but if I knew with absolute certainty what day I'm going to die, I might be more willing to do something dangerous for the sake of someone I care about or something I believe in. As well, anytime I'm afraid between now and the day I'm going to die, I can at least tell myself "Well, this thing that's happening today might be frightening, I know it's not going to kill me". I think I would find some comfort in that.

On 3/26/2017 at 4:10 AM, Kelpie said:

No. That would probably make me anxious for weeks before that date and then I would basically waste a lot of time before my death that I could use more wisely. 

On the flip side, this sounds like me too. If I knew I was going to die soon (regardless of my age at the point when it is "soon"), I would probably not be able to focus on doing much of anything productive, so that last bit of time would be largely wasted.

E Wildflower

It didn't seem to show me that it successfully posted the first time, so I ended up posting my response twice. Sorry for taking up this extra space.

I probably would, for the same reasons as you. I'd want to know if I'm wasting my life away getting into debt at university, only to not live long after, or at all, or if it's going to end up being worth it, because I'm going to live a long life

BinaryFission

I think in some cases it would be good to know when. I think once you know when you are going to go, you start thinking about your life differently, and not take it as granted as before. With the knowledge that there is now a limited time before the time to "leave," it is likely that we would try to live life to the fullest and enjoy everything about it.

Absolutely yes!

As daunting as it is, I would know how to fit as many life experience as I could into the time I had left!

Nah, I want it to be like a surprise party, just out of no where...
Hope it's fast lol

• 3 weeks later...

@Ortac

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived