What song always puts you in a good mood?

PHOENIX97

Whenever I'm anxious or nervous which has been a lot lately. I listen to Who you are by Jessie J. What song brings the light out with you?

Little Talks, Safe and Sound and Desi Girl (bollywood song) 

Félinferno

Pretty much any song by ABBA. They are one of my favourite bands of all time, after all. Their music is always very catchy and uplifting.

I also find that most Trance, House, Electro-Swing, K-Pop, and Indie Pop puts me in a good mood. 

"Roses" by the Chainsmokers puts me in a good mood, because it reminds me of the day I went to Luna Park in Sydney with my friend.

"Beautiful Life" by Armin Van Buuren - I get chills listening to this song every time it comes up on my Spotify playlist. Always gets my mind of things that may be stressing me 

"City Lights" by Avicii

Grumpy Alien

Music would just annoy me if I'm in a bad mood

"West Coast Friendship" by Owl City.  It starts out depressing and dark, but ends in an uplifting message. 

DesiButters519x

Anything classic like Frank Sinatra or Nat King Cole, Pedro Infante or My Chemical Romance.

Chieftain-Drake

Listening to zany or psychedelic songs by bands like The Beatles and Tally Hall tend to put me in a better mood. Something about the freedom and imagination in the lyrics gives me room to breathe.

But songs by people like MCR or Twenty-One Pilots do help as well. Their songs are like reminders that I'm not alone.

"When You Sleep" by My Bloody Valentine. There's nothing really special about this song. I can't even relate to the lyrics at all. But somehow the elements - the melody, the vocals, the bassline, the guitars, the drumline, that silly little guitar-through-a-sampler-sounding-like-a-flute hook - all make me smile. A few months ago, I listened to this song and this song alone, over and over again for more than a week. I played it absolutely any time I could, even as I slept. I don't know why I'm (still) obsessed with it, but I just love it so much, aaahhh

I wanna get better from bleachers and anchor from bastille just off the top of my head

Always this song 

Spoiler

And currently also this song

Spoiler

J. van Deijck

it's so far from any serious music tastes, but it's just funny. :D

chair jockey

My personal anthem is "True Colors," which has been covered about 300 times. I like the Zedd cover with vocals by Kesha the most, but can't find a half-decent version to link it. I have it saved on Spotify.

Some light jazz tunes are also uplifting. "Chips and Salsa" by Steve Oliver (again can't find a decent youtube link, all the ones I can find are shit). And "Callie" by Joyce Cooling improves my mood as well (still no good youtube link for that one).

drjohnhwatson

There are two George Harrison songs that might not necessarily put me in a "good mood" but are pretty uplifting, at any rate.  Gone Troppo and Blow Away!

The Perfect song will forever and always be 'Dancing Lasha Tumbai' from Eurovision!

You feel sad? DANSEN!

You feel happy? DANSEN!

You feel victorious? DANSEN!

Always makes me want to dance, a body in motion, stays in motion.  Motion makes my spirit gleaux.

Mychemicalqpr

My musical moods are complicated. I'm not sure if anything can always hit the spot, but these would be the closest ones would be: 

Luna, Eurobeat Brony. The lyrics are actually sad with a touch of anger, but it sounds happy, and I guess that allows it to work for multiple moods. 

Mona Lisa, Panic at The Disco. One of the funnest songs to sing that I know of. The E7 to Am is very satisfying.

Memoria, Aoi Eir. It's kind of sad, but cathartic, and is another one I just love singing. Yes, I memorized all the Japanese words. I loved this song more than I loved the anime that brought me to it. 

Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes, Fall Out Boy. Yep, I had to mention them eventually. It's hard to pin down since half the lyrics don't make sense, but it sounds hopeful somehow. It's motivational on bad days. Another one that I almost always can't help but sing with. 

songs that always put me in a good mood, with little to no exceptions are: ... 

"Through the Fire and Flames" and "Heros of Our Time" from Dragonforce (mostly actually only listen to those songs when I need cheering up :P ..) 

Spoiler

and also almost anything from the band Freedom Call, especially "Union Of The Strong"...

Spoiler

sometimes/often also other songs/bands, but those three songs pretty much always work for me, and are almost always in the mix if I need to cheer up :D ..

UnicornQueen

Breezeblocks by alt-J

It Ain't Wrong Loving You by HONNE

Great Blondino by Stakka Bo

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Green Hills Of Tyrol.

chelseagirl84

"Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles.  How can you not feel happy when you hear that song?

'Preacher Man' by Fields of the Nephilim. (:lol::lol::lol:)

In a Big Country by Big Country

Any version of the Doctor Who Theme, but especially the 1980s version.

Just Dance by Lady Gaga

Around the World by TLC

Van Morrison's Bright Side of the Road would have to be in the top 3 for me.

Maybe You're Only Human by Bill Joel (or possibly his River of Dreams song)...

And maybe Come to Me by Koop.

(it changes over time)

Archived