Hello from the cold north

Spelledcorectly

Spelledcorectly

Hello!

I'm 32 and although it's a long time since I first heard about asexuality, it only recently dawned on me that... I'm it! So far I've just kept on carrying on with my life and not really bothering about sex, but I'm getting old enough to start thinking about that whole "rest of my life" deal, and whether or not I want to spend that time with someone. I do, and I think my half-assed attempts at tinder and the likes is what made me explore asexuality and the likes(and eventually brought me here!). It feels like everyone else can't even fathom the idea of a relationship without sex. At least I'm more confident in myself now, knowing I'm not just some weirdo, I just have different preferences than most people around me do. And I'll keep on carrying on! :)

chair jockey

I'm pretty sure you already know that "correctly" has two r's in it. :)

Welcome to AVEN and enjoy your time here.

JacTheSpaceAce

Welcome to AVEN! Have some cake :cake::cake::cake:

I like your outlook.  Just because we are ace doesn't mean we have to forgo the dream of a relationship.  Reality has gotten in the way of that dream for me, and I don't try very hard anymore to find a mate, but I am a strong believer in luck so I haven't completely given up on the dream of finding a lifetime partner.

Welcome to AVEN.

I can relate. I am the same age as you, and although I heard about asexuality a long time ago, I didn't connect it to myself. Honestly, when I first heard of asexuality it was framed/defined in such a way that it sounded more like a disorder than an orientation. I also thought I was dealing with something that could be fixed instead of something that was simply the way I naturally am.

Congrats on finding your way here! Better late than never, right? :cake:

NerotheReaper

Welcome! 

Hope you enjoy the forums, and make some good friends here!

Spelledcorectly
2 hours ago, Muledeer said:

I like your outlook.  Just because we are ace doesn't mean we have to forgo the dream of a relationship.  Reality has gotten in the way of that dream for me, and I don't try very hard anymore to find a mate, but I am a strong believer in luck so I haven't completely given up on the dream of finding a lifetime partner.

Welcome to AVEN.

Part of me wants to find a romantic relationship, or just plain companionship - Simply having someone around to talk to about stuff both mundane and more serious, someone to travel with, see shows/concerts etc. But there's also a very practical aspect of living with someone, splitting the bills and such. Living on your own is at times lonely, but always expensive!

2 hours ago, chair jockey said:

I'm pretty sure you already know that "correctly" has two r's in it. :)

Welcome to AVEN and enjoy your time here.

Well spotted! Allow me my silly jokes. :)

1 hour ago, MistySpring said:

Welcome/ Velkommen! :) :cake:

Howdy neighbour! Tack!

chair jockey
55 minutes ago, Spelledcorectly said:

Part of me wants to find a romantic relationship, or just plain companionship - Simply having someone around to talk to about stuff both mundane and more serious, someone to travel with, see shows/concerts etc. But there's also a very practical aspect of living with someone, splitting the bills and such. Living on your own is at times lonely, but always expensive!

I think a repulsed, anti-touching, nonlibidoist, aromantic asexual could understand that reasoning. :) Cost of living is high and a partner who is loyal (aside from most benign things they might actually do) can be a huge help just in making ends meet. Plus a partner does a huge amount to meet social needs regardless of the extent of non-shared interests. You're one smart person! :)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

HEJ! Welcome to AVEN! Jeg elsker Norge. I hope you enjoy it here as a member.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us!! : ) I'm glad you found your way here! You're definitely not alone, nor are you weird. There's a lot of awesome and supportive people that can relate to you here. Take your time exploring, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Now, for something a bit more official in addition to my welcome (and cake):

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Related image

Welcome to AVEN from Canada :cake: ! What latitude are you at? I'm just shy of the 45th. Everyone think's we're in the north, but you're probablt further north than most of the populated parts of Canada.

Archived