How much does an age difference matter (and does it really matter)?

Dugy

On 24/3/2017 at 7:16 PM, nanogretchen4 said:

If she's 43 and you want kids, be prepared for the possibility that you may have to adopt. I think fertility issues are the main reason it's less common for the woman to be older than the man. The other issue is that when women go through menopause their libido sometimes drops dramatically, so an age difference can make the libido gap worse if the woman is older. Since you consider yourself gray I'm guessing that wouldn't be so bad for you. Otherwise it sounds like you are at a similar life stage and may have about the same life expectancy. I think you should go for it.

I think those are the main reasons that explain why females tend to be younger than males in couples and also why gap is important when the 40 years old mark is reached.

1) Usually pregnancy becomes extremely difficult to achieve after 40 years old.

2) 1/4 of women become virtually asexual after menopause

chair jockey

The short answer is that age difference is much more of a detriment to older adults than to younger adults, but younger adults tend to treat it as more personally significant than older ones tend to.

R. and I had thirteen years of difference (she was about to turn 21, I had just turned 34, when our 'ship started out). Still worked well for six years, and it wasn't the age differential that led to the end of the relationship.

Squirrel Combat

Yeah, me and Hailey are 6 years apart. But we still have complications to work out...

I don't think age matters at all. If you love someone 10 to 20 years older or younger than you so what. Love is love. As long as it's not for money or swallow dumb shit. Age is but a number hon. If she's as perfect as you say then screw society's  stereotypical bs and go for it. 

malickathetato

Absolutely not! As they said back in the day "Age ain't nothing but a number". I don't think age should matter as long as you both have the same interests and have mutual respect for one another then there shouldn't be a problem.

Archived