Every action and inaction(Personality types)

Sherlocks

In a situation, you can do one of the following actions 

Ignore
adapt
run 
hide 
observe 
attack 

An Adaptive person will try to make the situation as pleasant as possible without really fixing it. This might be because they can't currently fix it or simply because they are too afraid to confront it. 

A neglectful person will ignore the situation until its right in front of them and they are forced to confront it. 

An observer will watch the situation and try to remain uninvolved and unnoticed to the point that the situation is not affecting them. Sometimes this person simply does not care, sometimes they simply don't feel like the conflict.

An escapist will react suddenly and run. They might have a lot of issues addressing conflict directly and their instinct is to run and try to escape a situation rather than facing the problem. 

A Cowardly person will always hide. They might have problems addressing issues directly and standing up for themselves. In dangerous situations, they might become paralyzed with fear and simply not react. 

The Offensive player will attack the issue directly. Sometimes this can be indicating they are very direct but in some situations they are overreactive. However, since they do often address issues even if they overreact are probably considered more useful than other types who simply dance around issues or ignore them. 

If we apply this to a in a scenario 

Say there is a fire in the house 

The Observer will simply leave the house and know its going to happen ahead of time and just watch the house burn down and never notify anyone to leave 

The Neglectful person will realize what is going to start a fire but ignore it until the fire becomes big enough for them to not ignore and then they still might try to ignore it 

The Adaptive person will put on a fire blanket and sit there while the house burns down but not be injured because they have a safe cover blanket 

The Escapist will immediately run out of the house once they realize there is a fire 

The Offensive player will actively try to start to try put the fire out while screaming fire, fire 

The Cowardly will hide in a room while the rest of the house burns down or simply shut down and sit on the floor and cry 

I think your example was terrible, using the fire. I do get what you are saying though, I just think you are oversimplifying people. I think people are usually a multitude of several aspects. When survival is involved, you must assume they have some sense of self preservation. "Actions" not really being thought out. Who you are, is thrown out the window in an event of life threatening action as well. Holding onto morality, while in peril, is very very difficult. So unless it defines someone's character, it is not going to happen.

I believe there are 4 kinds of people. Using my own labels. There is the non-confrontationalist, the altruist, the aggressive, and the apathetic. 

The Non-confrontationalist, will never bring up things that are of issue. They will hide, observe and be cowardly. (you can combined 4 of your labels into one) Then be passive aggressive about every situation that involves an issue they are incapable of confronting. They don't care about who leads.

The Altruist, is the person who always tries to be self sacrificing in a situation, moral, and heroic all for attention and gratification of doing good. These people usually are in the same line of "Psychopaths", because they do not care about the other people, other than using them as tools for their own gain. They want to be useful.

The Apathetic, will always go with the flow. Aka, adaption, and neglect. They really do not care what happens to others. They are the ones that copy, don't have strong opinions, and easily let people tell them what to do.They are poor leaders.

The Aggressive, is the person who is direct, intense, literal, and very "no bullshit" in a situation. These people are usually the ones getting things done, if no one else wants to do it. They get what they want. They are natural leaders. 

I don't know where I was going with this, but I just wanted to explain how I see people. 

8 minutes ago, Livyatan said:

I think your example was terrible, using the fire. I do get what you are saying though, I just think you are oversimplifying people. I think people are usually a multitude of several aspects. When survival is involved, you must assume they have some sense of self preservation. "Actions" not really being thought out. Who you are, is thrown out the window in an event of life threatening action as well. Holding onto morality, while in peril, is very very difficult. So unless it defines someone's character, it is not going to happen.

I believe there are 4 kinds of people. Using my own labels. There is the non-confrontationalist, the altruist, the aggressive, and the apathetic. 

The Non-confrontationalist, will never bring up things that are of issue. They will hide, observe and be cowardly. (you can combined 4 of your labels into one) Then be passive aggressive about every situation that involves an issue they are incapable of confronting.

The Altruist, is the person who always tries to be self sacrificing in a situation, moral, and heroic all for attention and gratification of doing good. These people usually are in the same line of "Psychopaths", because they do not care about the other people, other than using them as tools for their own gain.

The Apathetic, will always go with the flow. Aka, adaption, and neglect. They really do not care what happens to others. They are the ones that copy, don't have strong opinions, and easily let people tell them what to do.

The Aggressive, is the person who is direct, intense, literal, and very "no bullshit" in a situation. These people are usually the ones getting things done, if no one else wants to do it. They get what they want. They are natural leaders. 

I don't know where I was going with this, but I just wanted to explain how I see people. 

Well, I was going to use the robber scenario but I liked the fire one because it explains the adaptive personality so perfectly. Also, you are oversimplifying it far more than I am since you have fewer types. I was going to use these as a foundation for a long personality test but I can't find a good multiple choice format that works well enough. My favorite formatting was Quizilla but Quizilla won't ever save my quizzes. Adaptive people are not neglectful or apathetic at all either. An Adaptive person will deal with a bad situation by preventing casualties, while a neglectful person simply ignores the situation until its staring them in the face, the key difference is one is reckless while the other is non-confrontational. Which shows a totally different motivation. Which makes these types not the same at all, which is why I had 6 types not four. 

1 minute ago, Sherlocks said:

Well, I was going to use the robber scenario but I liked the fire one because it explains the adaptive personality so perfectly. Also, you are oversimplifying it far more than I am since you have fewer types. I was going to use these as a foundation for a long personality test but I can't find a good multiple choice format that works well enough. My favorite formatting was Quizilla but Quizilla won't ever save my quizzes. 

Less, but more complex isn't simplification. You are dividing way too much. Implying humans cannot have conflicting emotions that you have described. Humans can be both cowardly and altruistic. They can be both aggressive and apathetic. At the same time. 

10 minutes ago, Livyatan said:

Less, but more complex isn't simplification. You are dividing way too much. Implying humans cannot have conflicting emotions that you have described. Humans can be both cowardly and altruistic. They can be both aggressive and apathetic. At the same time. 

Yours are less and more simple so you are very much oversimplifying it. Neglectful is not the same as adaptive. An adaptive person will prevent casualties while a person who neglects the situation is just ignoring it entirely and not addressing the issue because they can't be bothered. An adaptive person will at the least try to prevent any harm the situation might cause. These people sometimes tend to become enabling because they don't directly fix the situation they just adapt to it. A person who ignores it is simply reckless and careless or doesn't pay enough attention to the situation. An Observant person might watch the situation and know exactly what's going on but choose not to intervene for some reason. The reason for adding 6 was because of the complexity. Though you did add what is equivalent to the "Heroic" type and I excluded that type since it would still fall under a person who "Takes Action" which is the "Offensive" type. Which actually wouldn't so much fit in this list as its more of  personality trait vs a reactive type. 

1 minute ago, Sherlocks said:

Yours are less and more simple so you are very much oversimplifying it. Neglectful is not the same as adaptive. An adaptive person will prevent casualties while a person who neglects the situation is just ignoring it entirely and not addressing the issue because they can't be bothered. An adaptive person will at the least try to prevent any harm the situation might cause. These people sometimes tend to become enabling because they don't directly fix the situation they just adapt to it. A person who ignores it is simply reckless and careless or doesn't pay enough attention to the situation. An Observant person might watch the situation and know exactly what's going on but choose not to intervene for some reason. The reason for adding 6 was because of the complexity. 

An "Adaptive" person, in your sense, is an altruist. An altruist, is someone who is always trying to do what is right, even if there is no return for their effort. An Apathetic person, is adaptive, but not an altruist. You can be adaptive, and also be aggressive/altruistic/non-confrontational/apathetic. I used apathetic as my core source, because these people find fighting as too tedious to even attempt. So then tend to conform to whatever group they are in. 

A person, who does nothing more, than be "observant" because, they are afraid usually, to help or act/have self doubt. This is an insecurity issue, not so much a core facet of their personality. It is a survival instinct

You are discussing "Reaction" to scenarios, but you are forgetting that 99% of people will immediately be scared and flee any situation that is life threatening. No matter who is involved, and how deep their love is. This is just how animals are. 

18 minutes ago, Livyatan said:

An "Adaptive" person, in your sense, is an altruist. An altruist, is someone who is always trying to do what is right, even if there is no return for their effort. An Apathetic person, is adaptive, but not an altruist. You can be adaptive, and also be aggressive/altruistic/non-confrontational/apathetic. I used apathetic as my core source, because these people find fighting as too tedious to even attempt. So then tend to conform to whatever group they are in. 

A person, who does nothing more, than be "observant" because, they are afraid usually, to help or act/have self doubt. This is an insecurity issue, not so much a core facet of their personality. It is a survival instinct

You are discussing "Reaction" to scenarios, but you are forgetting that 99% of people will immediately be scared and flee any situation that is life threatening. No matter who is involved, and how deep their love is. This is just how animals are. 

I never said people won't be scared and you ignore that not everyone does the same exact thing in a situation. The fact you assume everyone is going to do the same exact thing and react the same exact way during danger or when they have to face life issues shows why your understanding is flawed. Also there is a very clear difference in the offensive type vs the adaptive and that is casualties. The offensive type will put out the fire because its the direct issue, the adaptive will save themselves or the people from the dangerous situation or make sure despite the situation everyone is safe and doing okay which is very indirect. I also put depending on the degree an offensive type of person can be over the top but since they are the least passive of all of the types more likely to get things done. An adaptive type is also rather passive in a way as they can be very indirect. Altruist(Hero) does not fit into this list because it's more a trait not really reactive types. Its not really wrong but would work better in a different system. Altruism would work more if we are doing something like Taroh card types vs something based purely on reaction observations. Altruistic is also not specific enough. 

https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/major-arcana/

Archived