Being only physically attracted

Lexy Williams

Lexy Williams

I joined this site for answers I can't seem to find anywhere else, so I'm hoping you guys wI'll be able to. You see, I don't feel or see myself being sexually or romantically attracted to people. Only physically, but it's towards both genders. is that even possible? is there a sexuality for it?

WünderBâhr

What exactly are you referring to when you say "only physically"? 

swirl_of_blue

By physical attraction do you mean finding someone good-looking and maybe wanting to touch but not have sex? That would sound a lot like the aesthetic attraction I feel to certain types of people: I appreciate them like I do a nice painting, or a beautiful view in the nature. I think aesthetic attraction is something asexuals do often feel the same way sexual people do, we just don't feel the need to have sex with people we enjoy looking at. You can definitely be attracted to more than one gender. I mostly prefer more masculine appearance but I have seen women I find aesthetically attractive as well.

Or do you mean getting aroused when seeing someone good-looking, but not wanting to have sex with them? With that I can't really help you as I have never seen a person and wanted to have sex with them however much I might like their appearance.

Lexy Williams

Like when I see someone -whether I know them or not- and am only attracted  to their physical appearance, not being sexually and romantically attracted/aroused to them or can't see myself liking them in that way. Thanks for everyone's responses!

Lexy Williams
14 hours ago, swirl_of_blue said:
14 hours ago, swirl_of_blue said:

By physical attraction do you mean finding someone good-looking and maybe wanting to touch but not have sex? That would sound a lot like the aesthetic attraction I feel to certain types of people: I appreciate them like I do a nice painting, or a beautiful view in the nature. I think aesthetic attraction is something asexuals do often feel the same way sexual people do, we just don't feel the need to have sex with people we enjoy looking at. You can definitely be attracted to more than one gender. I mostly prefer more masculine appearance but I have seen women I find aesthetically attractive as well.

Or do you mean getting aroused when seeing someone good-looking, but not wanting to have sex with them? With that I can't really help you as I have never seen a person and wanted to have sex with them however much I might like their appearance.

doing a little research, I feel as if I identity with aesthetic attraction! It describes everything perfectly. I wouldn't have found out about this if it wasn't for you, thank you! 

Ha, I was just about to suggest aesthetic attraction. Glad you worked things out. ^_^

SamwiseLovesLife

I know what you mean that it's hard to pin down. My best guess with myself is that I experience aestetic, sometimes sensual (the urge to have physical, non-sexual contact with) and in rare cases romantic attraction. I often experience platonic attraction (squishes) with people whom I want to develop a strong platonic bond with but have no other attraction towards.

Archived