Pan or Bi...or something else??

ReyGraves

Okay so I currently label myself as a biromantic. Buuuuut, I'm not so certain that's true. 

I'm mainly attracted to other agender people and people who look androgynous (despite their gender). 

I thought I could say homosexual because I'm attracted to my own gender (mainly) but that definition on google is based on sex, not gender. And I can be attracted to someone identifying as anything else, just so long as they look pretty androgynous.

I know there's names for being attracted to masculinity and femininity despite gender and sex. Is there one for being attracted to androgyny? Like, the blending or lack of feminine and masculine traits?

Either way I don't think I'm going with bi anymore. Maybe just ace and not include a romantic one. Maybe demi but I can't be sure that's true either, I think it is...

Oh, and also I've had the ace version of a crush on a boy before and he didn't look androgynous...but he also wasn't super masculine.

I don't know!

Help?

I think the word you're looking for is androgynoromantic. Like androsexual/romantic is attraction to men without reference to one's own gender, and gynosexual/romantic is attraction to women without reference to one's own gender. So, as a non-binary person romantically attracted to other non-binary people (without reference to their biological sex), androgynoromantic would be the best term I am currently aware of.

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Androgynosexual

AVEN #1 fan
  • Androgyne-sexual/romantic -> attracted only to genderqueer (androgynous expressions and identifies included)  folks (the term is problematic according to many people)
  • Ambi-sexual/romantic -> same as above but PC
  • pan-sexual/romantic -> attracted to people regardless gender or sex
  • Pluralian -> umbrella term for bi, poly and pan
  • Poly-sexual/romantic -> attracted to many genders

II hope this help.

Having preferences is normal, but that doesn't change your orientation; it'd still be bi/panromantic. You can't tell if ppl are going to identify as NB or not, so an orientation for it is pointless.

Sounds like you're panromantic, because you describe having attractions to all genders, even if you lean towards agender individuals. But it's your own description of your identity, so you can add as many qualifiers as you like until you feel you've done yourself justice, e.g. "androgynoromantic with panromantic tendencies/curiosities." 

Thank you all so much! This really helped.

I think I'm going to go with demipanromantic for now. So far I think it fits the best.

Thanks again for bringing to attention and defining other identifications for me! <3

Archived