Roomate Stories

gammafish

Good, bad, just plain odd--I'm simply curious to hear them. Apartment dwellers with thin walls, folks with interesting neighbors, and anyone else with a similar story, do join in!

nerdperson777

Ah yes, I have several stories.  I'll start in chronological order.

My first year roommate was an Indian international student.  I think we were assigned to be roommates because we may have been the only engineering majors in our college in the university's six college system.  I was able to get along with her fine until about April.  She was nocturnal and slept like a bear.  At the suite meeting at the beginning of the year (which she didn't attend because she barely attended classes anyway), someone commented on hearing an alarm that wasn't turned off after 20 minutes.  I said that was my roommate's.  The alarm wouldn't wake her but it would wake me.  Also the one who complained was 4 doors down from us when there were 6 total.  My roommate was gone most of the time so I usually had a single room practically.  She could be sleeping until afternoon or evening when she was around.  So in the morning, I could accidentally make sounds and she wouldn't wake up.  Then one time I looked over and there was a guy in her bed.  She was short, not much taller than 5 feet, and the guy was pretty tall, I'd say maybe even 6 feet.  That was awkward to me so I asked my friends if I could stay in their rooms until they were done sleeping.  So I avoided them for the first 2-3 times this way.  I don't mean to be stereotypical but Indian smell.  Her presumed boyfriend was also Indian.  Once I was just standing outside the building with my two friends waiting for some others to eat lunch with.  One of our suitemates comes outside and says my door smells.  The Indian odor was seeping through the door.  One of my friends takes out Febreeze from her room and sprays it across the hall.  After that, I had the traumatizing event of watching my roommate making out and saying lovey-dovey things to her boyfriend (which sounded like they got in a fight and almost broke up before hand) in bed at 5 in the morning.  At some point, I got out of bed and said she couldn't keep doing this anymore because it made me uncomfortable.

During my second year, my friends and I lived under some noisy guys.  One of my friends was a light sleeper so she was often annoyed when they made sounds at night.  We would hear the oddest things out of context coming from the ceiling.  We eventually decided to write down the list of random quotes we heard and I said we should write a fanfic about them (never really got to it sadly).  I had the perfect title for it, The Bromance of the Third Floor.  I made it off the Chinese classic, Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  I said bromance because the nature of the quotes were kind of like that.  Third floor, well, they were on the third floor of our building.  So we wrote down some quotes like "OMG YOU'RE A GIRL", "Oi man, just drink it!"  One time, my friend with the sleep issues told me to go upstairs and tell them to quiet down a bit.  So I went up at around 12:30 in the morning to tell them to be a bit quieter.  A hairy shirtless guy who lives there opens the door.  He was accommodating.  Suddenly a rush of cold air blew towards his own door.  He then asked me how I could stand out there like that.  I said that I was wearing two jackets.  He said that's probably a good idea.  When I told that friend the next day what happened, she said that I must've interrupted a bromance ritual.

I have a funny one (at least for me), but it's about kids from dormitory (there were just 20 something of us, so, just like roomies).
It was in hight school, we were eating lunch/dinner and the topic came to sexual  orientation. It wasn't for the firts time and everybody knew I have no idea what I am. So, we started arguing about my sexuality as usual. I was sticking to bi-s, my friends to homo-s and my roomie was usualy like "she just don't know" or "she is nothing", but this time she said that I am ace, as a joke. 
As I look back to it, it's the best joke ever, cause it made me realize that I am not broken...

When I was attending university, I lived in a suite with three other girls (two girls per room). The four of us girls shared a bathroom. Inside the bathroom were two separate rooms. One room housed the toilet, while another room housed the shower. That allowed us girls to be able to use our respective vanity without imposing on anyone needing privacy. It was understood that we could just waltz on in the bathroom in order to do what we needed to do. However, we would knock on the shower or toilet room. Anyway, I waltzed right in the bathroom. Sitting on top of her and her roommate's vanity was my suitemate. She and her boyfriend were making love. They were wearing clothes, but she was obviously without underwear. I was so embarrassed. I hurried out as quickly as possible. :redface: I would knock afterwards, just in case. This was at a private, religious university. That was an eye-opener for me, but I pretended like it never happened. We are all human.

nerdperson777
22 hours ago, Summery said:

When I was attending university, I lived in a suite with three other girls (two girls per room). The four of us girls shared a bathroom. Inside the bathroom were two separate rooms. One room housed the toilet, while another room housed the shower. That allowed us girls to be able to use our respective vanity without imposing on anyone needing privacy. It was understood that we could just waltz on in the bathroom in order to do what we needed to do. However, we would knock on the shower or toilet room. Anyway, I waltzed right in the bathroom. Sitting on top of her and her roommate's vanity was my suitemate. She and her boyfriend were making love. They were wearing clothes, but she was obviously without underwear. I was so embarrassed. I hurried out as quickly as possible. :redface: I would knock afterwards, just in case. This was at a private, religious university. That was an eye-opener for me, but I pretended like it never happened. We are all human.

I'm not sure if it was because of some odd culture thing, but the people I lived with for 4 years never had an issue with bathrooms.  We just implied that if the door was open, it was available for use.  I can't say that the lights are off because it randomly turns on.  But during the summer, I lived with a pansexual girl and her two trans friends who were a couple.  Was it because now I was living with more open allosexual people?  Lights were left on all the time, including the bathroom.  My ace apartmentmate would've tried to turn off every light when it was not in use.  Then we had separate showers and toilet but here it was one room.  Sinks were outside in both layouts  During that time, I would always be cautious to whether someone was in the bathroom because I no longer had those signals to tell me whether it was occupied or not.  I couldn't even tell by sound either because we could hear sounds from other apartments or even separate buildings.  Once I answered the front door to find out that someone was knocking on the door of the apartment next to us.  It didn't help that the door lock was faulty.  Those people I lived with didn't even knock.  They just opened doors.  Also with the non-ace vibe of the apartment, the trans guy sometimes walked around with his top only being covered by a towel and once he walked out of the bathroom shirtless when I was using the sinks.  None of these happened before.

I had a roommate from 6th-10th grade inn boarding school, so if the story seems to be about kids, that's why :P ... (oh and all of this takes place on the second/third floor)

You know how if you put a rubber band between to fingers you and make a slingshot? well my roommate and I were once sitting by the heater, on the wall furthest from the door, catapulting small pieces of colored paper all over the room, by the time a teacher came in to see if we were getting ready for bed, the floor was more colorful then it was orange (we had orange floors for some reason). The teacher was not happy :D ..

It was raining on day, and there was some people yelling outside and my roommate looked out the window to see three or four of the boys walking around in the rain yelling back and forth between one of their sisters (who lived in the room next to ours). So my roommate and one of the guys' sisters through down shampoo, so they tried to wash their hair in the rain, it did not work well and they ran back to their dorms to wash out the remaining shampoo. 

my roommate and I once had a compitition on who could fly a paper plane further out the window, I can't remember who won, but a teacher found out and we had to collect all the planes from the bushes :( ...

We used to refuse to go to bed on time... Once we just started to playing catch with a little plastic brain, another time we pretended to be pirates who had discovered lands (out beds were our boats..)

My roommate once burrowed my pocket knife (which I unfortunately no longer have as it was taken from me in Chicago airport :P ) and threw it back to me, but accidentally kept the scissors out and it stuck in my wall. Those holes were still in the wall after I left XD..

I caused a dent in my roommates wall as well when I threw over my rubix cube... :ph34r:

Grumpy Alien

I've never had a roommate but check this out:

73a9327d-33e6-4f7b-9c54-b3f859c14026.for

1 hour ago, Graceful said:

I've never had a roommate but check this out:

Reveal hidden contents

73a9327d-33e6-4f7b-9c54-b3f859c14026.for

This is amazing!

I once had a housemate who used to burn his noodles. He just put the block of instant noodles in a pot, no water or anything, and put it on a stove. The stink of burnt pot and noodles was terrible.

I have had some interesting roommates in my lifetime. The most memorable was an older lady who continually claimed to be pregnant with twins by Jesus. She was not pregnant. 

nerdperson777
7 hours ago, Mauru said:

This is amazing!

I once had a housemate who used to burn his noodles. He just put the block of instant noodles in a pot, no water or anything, and put it on a stove. The stink of burnt pot and noodles was terrible.

Oh that reminds me.  I only had my food catch fire twice.

My parents had roommates on and off when I was a kid. At one point my dad said "Our house is kind of like a boarding house" because we had like two or three other people living with us. Around that time whenever we went to McDonald's my dad would order a crap ton of food so everyone else in the house could have some. The most crammed we've been was me, my dad, and my sister, along with my aunt, her boyfriend, her three kids, and I think at least one of my dad's friends still lived with us at the time, in our smallish four bedroom house. The five of us kids were in one room.

Funnily I've never lived with a roommate as an adult. Even when I was in college I just lived at home and commuted to school.

When I was around 6 my parents had a roommate who was one of my mom's friends. He had a Super Nintendo with the game Zelda: A Link to the Past. That along with my mom's cousin's boyfriend's Play Station with Crash Bandicoot was pretty much how I got into video games. When I was 12 my dad had what many would consider a bad roommate since he didn't always pay bills on time. One time he owed my dad $20 and he just told my dad "Well that blanket I let you have is worth about $20 anyway".

15 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Around that time whenever we went to McDonald's my dad would order a crap ton of food so everyone else in the house could have some.

What? Free food?! I'd move in yesterday.

During my first year of college, I was in a housing program and shared an apartment with 3 other girls (2 students I didn't know, and 1 from high school who I didn't even talk to all that much). It was bad. At least 3 times a month, 2 of them were arguing until one moved out, but even then, the fighting never stopped. The roommate that the moving roommate was fighting with was VOLATILE. Anger issues+highly emotional+deeply insecure+usually inaccurate accuser= NOPENOPENOPE! I had to wait for the year to end to move because I think I had to pay extra if I break the lease too early. It wasn't all bad though. I may (?) have passive aggressively hinted that I wanted nothing to do with her and I'm sure she got that message, and some people know what she's like when not in school. From 2nd year to now, I've been living on my own because that housing program was crap anyway and I'm not taking that anti-snoring crap again.

I once roommated with an old co-worker whom I knew was a pot head but hell, I was 18 and wanted the fuck out. I rented out his single room. Full access to the house, but had to buy my own food. I payed for the internet. Everything seemed ok...until I met his girlfriend. She was slightly chubby, vegitarian, and loved to take me places with her. (Her parents were rich as fuck. Lived on the lake in a 3 story mansion). 

When I moved in, I noticed 3 things. 1, the house was dirty from no cleaning. But hell, Ive seen worse. They might just be lazy. 2, they had a dog. I had two kittens. So I had to keep them seperate. 3, found out my roomate has Crone's disease. Terrible stuff.

So I settled in, no issue. I decided to clean up the house. Not because I had to, but I had time and hate disorder. I did all the dishes, cleaned the livingroom and took out the trash. Went to bed with a clean house, got up early and went to work.

When I got home though, it looked as if I had not even cleaned it. There sat my roommate's girlfriend eating a giant plate of pasta. Wrappers of candy all about the floor and the kitchen was a mess. It irked me, but I ignored it and hibernated in my room some more. This pattern continued. If I cleaned anything, it was like an invitation to make a mess. This woman, was the most disgusting person I ever met. She threw nothing into the trash. Cleaned nothing, nor offered to help. Didn't wrap up her used tampons and just tossed them on the already full bin. The dog ate the trash. They constantly invited people over to party. She only cooked if I cleaned the kitchen. I eventually confronted my roomate about it. He said he was in the same situation as I was. Confronting her would most likely end their relationship. She had him wrapped around her finger, the coward.

Eventually though, the issue was never resolved because they up and decided to move to Kentucky. I was forced to move back in with my parents.

NerotheReaper

I have so many, and none of them are happy or pretty :P 

The main story was one was insane, legitimately insane. o.o Let's say what she did I could have taken legal action against her...

On 3/25/2017 at 2:27 PM, NerotheReaper said:

The main story was one was insane, legitimately insane. o.o

*Slides over $5, intrigued* Heh, naw. You don't have to expand if it's not comfortable. Just feels like a high five left hangin'. 

So these technically aren't a roommate story, more of dorm stories, but it's similar.. 

So I lived in a dorm with between 10 and 35 people from 11th to 13th grade (at the start it was about 35, when I left we were only 10 or 11 left..), so here are some small stories from that.. :D 

yellow pudding incident: 

Spoiler

In vacations we had to go home, the dorm would be locked up, so a friend of mine, shortly before a week or two week long vacation had pudding, but she didn't want to finish it, so she just threw it away... in the bathroom (sinkroom?..) trashbin. Well, advice for the future, don't do that! it molded into yellow, very very stinky liquid goo... I had to keep watch when the break was over while she removed the slime from the trash... it stunk so much...

bathroom remodeling incident: 

Spoiler

So, this took place in the boys bathroom, but a few of them decided to remodel the bathroom into an apartment or something...

so in the sink area they brought in the table from the sitting room (group room? Idk, a room with couches and boardgames and a small kitchen for hanging out..) and four of it's chairs, decked it with bowls and spoons so they could eat quark (it's kinda like thick yogurt, but it's kinda cheese..). 

They put a book shelf and plant in the toilet room, turned it into a reading room.

and then they placed one of their beds on top of the showers, I don't even know how, but the whole bed was put over the showers... 

bible versus on a door incident:

Spoiler

so a friend of mine (the same one who foolishly left pudding to mold) and I were bored, so we decided to write random stuff on small pieces of paper and shove them under the door of another friend of ours, she kept shoving them back though... so we went back to my friend room to decide how to continue.. well she had a bible, so we flipped open random pages and wrote out bible verses that sounded odd with no context (like: "the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered cursed." or... "That person is like a tree") and taped them to her door, it was wonderful, she had prettiest door in all the school :D .. (and we managed to convince her not to take them down till the end of the school year, which was another month or away 8) ...) 

maggot incident: 

Spoiler

So we had one genius, who got sick. So he didn't come to dinner and someone brought him up his food so he could eat in his room (which was only aloud when you had a good reason for not being at dinner, like that you were sick or had driving lessons or whatever..). Well, he didn't eat it, and left the next day to go home, because he was feeling horrible...

he forgot to put the plate and uneaten food back and left it on the window seel...

long story short, when they went in his room a few day later to see if he'd cleaned it, like they did every week, that plate of food had become the new home of many many maggots.. it was disgusting...

I have more, but four is enough for now :P ...

8 hours ago, XYZ96 said:

yellow pudding incident

Oh man, that reminds me of my own rotting shrimp incident. First year of Uni, lived with three other girls in a quad style dorm (seperate rooms, shared kitchen, and two bathrooms). We all left for winter break, but one of my roommates left shrimp in the fridge. Needless to say, it spoiled. Bad. Tried to clean it. A whole bottle of cleaner, essential oils, febreze, the works. But the smell had managed to permeate the very core of the kitchen and lingered for *weeks.* If the wind passed through right, I would wake up to the smell of rotting shrimp wafting under my bedroom door.

Not as bad as maggots, though. That would freak me out forever. *shudders*

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I rent with my sister who has BPD and goes through psychotic episodes, she forgets things too often and will act out with out warning.The other night she ripped off a cupboard door and threw things around, in the past she has tried doing things to no success, other days she is fine and dandy and can be pretty nice if she wanted to. That night and every night though I do have to lock my bedroom door.

I had a rather surreal incident when I was studying abroad. The dormitory was set up so that 4 people shared the same 'unit'. We each had our own room, but shared a kitchen, bathroom and living space. One night, I woke up at about 3 am, needing a drink, so I went out of my room to get a glass of water and found one of the other girls eating a huge bowl of ramen whilst writing an essay and another boiling eggs in the kitchen. It's one of those things, that despite having talked about it the next day, I'm still not sure actually happened.

nerdperson777
10 hours ago, elmrain said:

I had a rather surreal incident when I was studying abroad. The dormitory was set up so that 4 people shared the same 'unit'. We each had our own room, but shared a kitchen, bathroom and living space. One night, I woke up at about 3 am, needing a drink, so I went out of my room to get a glass of water and found one of the other girls eating a huge bowl of ramen whilst writing an essay and another boiling eggs in the kitchen. It's one of those things, that despite having talked about it the next day, I'm still not sure actually happened.

There's some expectation that sleep schedules aren't regular for students. My roommate had ramen for lunch at 2:30 in the morning. 

njosnavelin

I have too many stories.

- OCD jewish lady and her moldy orange juice container

- Someone dying

- leaking toilets

- falling electrical wires

- messy kitchens

- messy bathrooms

- abusive pet owners

- living with my ex

- living with someone who had seizures

- living with ___________.

- arguments and heated discussions

- excessive drinking

- apologies

- no apologizes

- rodents

- bedbugs

- rental arguments

- utility arguments

- Trash arguments

- Cleaning arguments

- No arguments

It ends at some point. Shoot living with someone you are going to hit bumps. My current roommate and have quarreled 3 times in the 3 years. Where we both realized we have crossed a line we rarely crossed against each other. We have a tremendous respect for each other. When we apologize, knowing that apologizes comes out of a deep place we respect each other.  Truth is when you find a good roommate -- hang on to them. 

I have said if you want to grow as a person go live in a house with six other people. You will grow up really fast. 

I'm gonna tell more dorm stories..

the 95-theses of the bathroom: 

Spoiler

A friend of mine and I decided one night, we should make 95 rules of the bathroom (95 rules was based on the 95 theses from Martin Luther). 

now some of these where just normal run of the mill things like: wash your hands, open the window after you showered to air out the room, don't use other peoples sinks, music should be kept at room volume, razors belong in the razor tin, etc... some where rules that hopefully no one would even think of, like: no eating dead bugs/flies, the showers are not a refrigerator, don't wash your hair in the toilet, don't stand on razors, don't eat tp in emergencies (whatever those might be..), toilets are not meant for washing dishes, etc.. and then there were some that had origins in reality like: no electric drills in the bathroom, no throwing chocolate pudding in the bathroom garbage, no flooding the bathrooms, eggs do not belong on windows, no beds in the shower area, etc...

it was surprisingly hard to come up with 95 rules, even with nonsense rules included... :P

the eggs incident: 

Spoiler

So, someone was going to bake something later and looked if there were eggs in the fridge, I was with them.. there were no eggs, meaning someone must have used the eggs even though they weren't suppose to, because they were eggs that were bought for baking birthday cakes. Anyway, this was unfortunate, but not the end of the world, they were annoyed but not mad.. until... they decided to water the plants in the hangout room, toke the watering thing to fill it with water and.. boom, one of the eggs. They were very mad, so we went to look for the other two eggs. we found them, one was in the Foosball table, because what's a better idea to do with eggs then to play table soccer? 

the other egg they threw out the window... it landed on the outer window of the girls bathroom, and of course couldn't be removed for months... 

jumping on counters incident: 

Spoiler

so one genius thought it would be fun to jump onto the counter in the small kitchen of the hangout room... it broke, we didn't have a counter to put dried dishes on for about a month... 

breaking an entry incident:

Spoiler

this didn't happen to specifically me, but it happened while I was at the dorm..

so one of the girls in my dorm was gone for some reason, she probably sick or something, and two other girls burrowed the general key to open some room, they probably asked to open the TV room or something, but instead went in this other girls room, who was not there to smoke a cigarette... why in the world they couldn't just go one floor down and go outside, I will probably never know... 

a full assembly was called (that might sound like a big thing, but we were only about 25-30 people...), well, long story short they got kicked from school... 

and that's four again...

8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

There's some expectation that sleep schedules aren't regular for students. My roommate had ramen for lunch at 2:30 in the morning. 

Can confirm. Have been that roommate.

nerdperson777
8 hours ago, njosnavelin said:

- messy bathrooms

One time I was living with a friend to take summer classes. We never talked to the other people who were living with us. For some time, whenever I was in the shower, the first thing I noticed was long hair stuck to the tiles of the shower wall. I could not imagine how hair got there other than purposely pulling it off and slapping it on the wall, which my friend and I joked about. She cleaned it up once but whoever did it, did it again. Then I also felt awkward because one room had a guy in there even though the only double room was me and my friend. I always had the coincidence of passing by the door to that room on my way to the kitchen the moment it opened. The guy was usually shirtless and the lights were off with only a lamp light so I could only be paranoid to what they could be doing. Also that guy used our showers at like 3am when the rest of us were thought to be sleeping. 

In my first year, since only 3 of the 13 people were introverts, the other 10 usually hung out in the living room laughing loudly. My room is right next to the bathroom and showers and my bed is right next to a shower so I can hear things in there. Opening body wash and shampoo was highly audible. My door is usually open so I can hear the hallway too. I've heard some things out of context. 

"Is it raining?" "Yeah it is." "I don't see anything." "Trust me, I have rain vision."

[Rumor was that there was a bug in the bathroom] Someone walked in. "HE has legs!"

15 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

For some time, whenever I was in the shower, the first thing I noticed was long hair stuck to the tiles of the shower wall. I could not imagine how hair got there other than purposely pulling it off and slapping it on the wall

Wait, people don't know about this? I've had long hair for all my life and every shower I just collect the hairs that shed when running my fingers through it while shampooing/conditioning. Then stick it to the tile and swirl into into a manageable blob. I've heard other people with long hair do the same. So I think it's actually pretty common.... (Unless we're this gross little cult of people that stick hairs to tiles) (??) But of course, I clean the tiles of hair after I'm done with a tissue instead of leaving it.

21 hours ago, XYZ96 said:

the eggs incident

Reminds me of my own egg incident. Although it differs quite differently from yours.

So, me and my three roomies share a fridge. We all have our own food. Own milk. Own eggs. Own salt. Everything. We just label everything with our names. I go to make some scrambled eggs and notice, huh, my labeled dozen of eggs is full. I don't eat eggs very often, but I was pretty sure I only had two or three left in my carton. Okay, maybe I just bought a new dozen of eggs and totally forgot. I make my scrambled eggs and forget about it. I end up making a cake and a few other things that use eggs during the week and by the weekend there's about six eggs left in my carton.

Okay. I leave those six eggs in the fridge for about a week before I open them again. It's full. Again. What the..? No, I definitely did not buy anymore. I hadn't been grocery shopping in that time. We all buy different brands of eggs, so it's impossible to mistakenly mix the cartons up. Plus it has my name on it. I ask: "Did you fill my eggs? Roomie 1: " No." Roomie 2 is allergic to eggs, so obviously no. Roomie 3 wasn't around to ask, but by process of elimination it must've been her. For some odd reason she just randomly decides to fill my carton with eggs.

But kicker is, she has a full carton of eggs in the fridge. So, where were these extra eggs coming from? I don't want your eggs. I spend a little extra to try and buy free run, not crammed in a tiny wire cage and fed chemicals and junk, sorta eggs. I don't want your crap eggs. I repeat, where the heck are you storing these eggs you're magically filling my carton with? They were materializing out of thin air. Please stop. It's weird. I don't want your eggs.

Granted, this roommate is quite an odd duck. She asks really silly questions and seems to totally forget about common sense randomly. But the experience was just so surreal. Who does that? Who just goes: "Yup. Gonna store eggs in my bedroom (I'm assuming that's where they were since there was no evidence of any reserve eggs anywhere else in the kitchen) and just fill only this carton. That is not mine. For no reason."? I found it to be super strange. I mean, really...

nerdperson777
10 hours ago, TheNumber_T said:

Wait, people don't know about this? I've had long hair for all my life and every shower I just collect the hairs that shed when running my fingers through it while shampooing/conditioning. Then stick it to the tile and swirl into into a manageable blob. I've heard other people with long hair do the same. So I think it's actually pretty common.... (Unless we're this gross little cult of people that stick hairs to titles) (??) But of course, I clean the titles of hair after I'm done with a tissue instead of leaving it.

Maybe it's a combination of me never having long hair and I always had considerate apartmentmates.  My hair never passed my shoulders even when I did have longer hair.  At home, my mom had the same length hair but only washed in the sink.  My apartmentmates always cleaned up after themselves so I never really saw hair on the wall.  In fact, we might've been very clean for college standards.  Each apartment gets cleaned at some point in the week by a maid/custodian and we would be told to clear the tables and kitchen so that it could be cleaned.  I heard that people don't follow that rule very well so not cleaned.  But with the hair, I lived with people that had at least past shoulder length hair and even then they didn't really know about this.  It'll continue to be a mystery for me.

I like sharing stories, so here's dorm stories part III, includes and actual roommate story :P ...

dyeing hair incident: 

Spoiler

so I had to go to the bathroom one time... so I wandered over to the bathroom, opened the door walked in.. looked to my right and there was someone dyeing hair, well was waiting to wash out the excess dye... though she couldn't do this alone, so there was one of the dudes standing by the window, wearing stained red plastic gloves (the person he was helping dye their was dyeing her hair red), a bit confused why there was a male in the female restroom I pause for a sec... shrugged said hi and continue to go to the toilet room.. 

*the restrooms where divided in three rooms, the sink room, where those two were dyeing hair, the toilet room and the showers room...

next door alarm clock incident: 

Spoiler

so in 12th grade I had a room to my own and the person who lived right next to me had an alarm clock. She had trouble waking up every single morning though... so she put her alarm clock on the loudest it could go... which was louder then my alarm in my room, despite it being fairly loud and her alarm being on the other side of a wall... well, she still usually didn't get up... 

so one day, I was stumbling out of my room, half asleep to go down to the cafeteria to eat breakfast... and low and behold right in front of her door, and therefor also mine because our doors stood at a 90degree angle to each other was: her boyfriend, her boyfriends best friend, and two people who lived in the boarding school, but no where near our little corner* of the school.. so, said good morning they said good morning to me and went down stairs to eat... 

that's how deeply she sleep, she needed a ridiculously loud alarm clock and four people to wake her up... 

I have even been that person, back in 13th grade, I was like the second or third person to go to her room and wake her up... 

*our little corner: quick explanation 

our school was divided into

ground floor: part of the school and has the cafeteria

1st floor: has the girls dorms, there was the dorms in the hall, which had the most rooms, the dorms in the back, and out little corner which had the least rooms with only about 4 rooms, and in 13th grade I was the only one in that part so I had my own vacuum cleaner (every part had a vacuum cleaner) 8) ...

2nd floor: boys dorm and hang out room...

no more fruit incident: 

Spoiler

So our little boarding school would have a fruit basket in the evening upstairs in the hangout room after supper... sometimes it was a really sad looking fruit basket with two small apples and a soft mandarin orange... other times it actually resemble a fruit basket.. 

well, one time a few geniuses, maybe it was just the one normal genius, idk, the culprit/s was/were never caught. Anyways they stuck knives in all the fruit.. probably for some reason, i would think, well the teacher like person was not happy, so there was no more fruit basket for a week or so :( ... 

striking incident: 

Spoiler

this toke place at my first boarding school where I actually did have a roommate, so yay! an actual roommate story :P ...

So my roommate and I didn't want to go to bed... so we decided to go out into the hall and strike by sitting on the floor and playing a game similar to patty cake (we sat criss crossed and playing a clapping game...). Well, someone came out of their room, looked at as and asked what in the world we were doing, we replied that we were striking! So they joined us, and the same thing happened again, some one cam out of their room, asked us what the hell we were doing, and we all replied: we're striking!, we eventually got pretty much the whole floor sitting in row playing a clapping game, striking... it was cool, we managed to make our bedtime almost an hour later that night 8) ... 

nerdperson777
On 3/30/2017 at 5:02 AM, XYZ96 said:

dyeing hair incident: 

Reveal hidden contents

so I had to go to the bathroom one time... so I wandered over to the bathroom, opened the door walked in.. looked to my right and there was someone dyeing hair, well was waiting to wash out the excess dye... though she couldn't do this alone, so there was one of the dudes standing by the window, wearing stained red plastic gloves (the person he was helping dye their was dyeing her hair red), a bit confused why there was a male in the female restroom I pause for a sec... shrugged said hi and continue to go to the toilet room.. 

*the restrooms where divided in three rooms, the sink room, where those two were dyeing hair, the toilet room and the showers room...

next door alarm clock incident: 

Reveal hidden contents

so in 12th grade I had a room to my own and the person who lived right next to me had an alarm clock. She had trouble waking up every single morning though... so she put her alarm clock on the loudest it could go... which was louder then my alarm in my room, despite it being fairly loud and her alarm being on the other side of a wall... well, she still usually didn't get up... 

so one day, I was stumbling out of my room, half asleep to go down to the cafeteria to eat breakfast... and low and behold right in front of her door, and therefor also mine because our doors stood at a 90degree angle to each other was: her boyfriend, her boyfriends best friend, and two people who lived in the boarding school, but no where near our little corner* of the school.. so, said good morning they said good morning to me and went down stairs to eat... 

that's how deeply she sleep, she needed a ridiculously loud alarm clock and four people to wake her up... 

I have even been that person, back in 13th grade, I was like the second or third person to go to her room and wake her up... 

*our little corner: quick explanation 

our school was divided into

ground floor: part of the school and has the cafeteria

1st floor: has the girls dorms, there was the dorms in the hall, which had the most rooms, the dorms in the back, and out little corner which had the least rooms with only about 4 rooms, and in 13th grade I was the only one in that part so I had my own vacuum cleaner (every part had a vacuum cleaner) 8) ...

2nd floor: boys dorm and hang out room...

The 2015 photo thread has some pictures of me trying to wash out my hair on Halloween. The character I was had red hair so our sink became a murder scene. 

My roommate said that she slept so deep that her parents had to make sure she was awake when an earthquake happened. She said she did wake up. 

• 1 month later...
TRexPhilbo
On 25/03/2017 at 8:27 PM, NerotheReaper said:

I have so many, and none of them are happy or pretty :P 

The main story was one was insane, legitimately insane. o.o Let's say what she did I could have taken legal action against her...

:( I'm sorry. If I could I would have helped you pursue legal action. What your roommate did was completely... I have no words... :evil: 

Have some spaghetti pizza :P 

🍝 

🍕 

I have a couple though. The first time was when the entertainment system for the dorm was an iPod attached to a guitar amp. At 3am. 

The second one caused a rift: Basically as soon as we moved in, the majority of the house accused my friend and housemate of stealing food. My friend is vegetarian and it was meat that went missing. After that, the rest of the house took issue with us (my friend for being "alternative" and me for standing up for them). It was probably exacerbated by another's housemate's not-too-nice girlfriend almost living with us. 

Third and currently, a current housemate is very inconsiderate (the rest of us are older and have lived with others before, while he's 18 and it's his first time away from home). For a start, he invites his friends round to get high all the time. Additionally, a couple of months ago, he was high and got the munchies. As a result he decided he wanted more hash brownies, but doesn't have a mixing bowl, so he used mine (without asking). I came downstairs the following morning to a rockhard bowl and no apologies. Oh and he can be quite homophobic at times (though thankfully due to ignorance over malice), which is a problem, especially as there are 2 (and possibly 3) aces in the house. 

Archived