Re-read a Book in Seven Days

AlissaRy

I've recently started re-reading The Mortal Instruments Series. I first read these books in high school and fell in love with the world and characters. I've wanted to re-read them for awhile now but given the sheer size of series it's always seemed like an impossible task but I decided that if I really wanted to do it now was the time so I divided the first book up into seven chunks and actually finished the entire thing in one week. Normally I'm a very slow reader and it took me a long time to finish each of these books the first time around. I'm taking a day off before doing the same with book two. I'm really excited about this and honestly proud that I was actually able to stick to it and finish in my desired time frame. 

PhycBookGardenWorm

See I am a avid reader. I read too fast, which is good when I am doing it for school but when I want to savor it....well lets just say I was so happy when my parents gave me a kindle. I have a quirky memory so I remember the story so re-reading the book has no appeal unless I really like it or do not pick it up for a long time.

41 minutes ago, AlissaRy said:

I've recently started re-reading The Mortal Instruments Series. I first read these books in high school and fell in love with the world and characters. I've wanted to re-read them for awhile now but given the sheer size of series it's always seemed like an impossible task but I decided that if I really wanted to do it now was the time so I divided the first book up into seven chunks and actually finished the entire thing in one week. Normally I'm a very slow reader and it took me a long time to finish each of these books the first time around. I'm taking a day off before doing the same with book two. I'm really excited about this and honestly proud that I was actually able to stick to it and finish in my desired time frame. 

How many pages is it? I can read up to 200pages in a couple of hours 

52 minutes ago, PhycBookGardenWorm said:

See I am a avid reader. I read too fast, which is good when I am doing it for school but when I want to savor it....well lets just say I was so happy when my parents gave me a kindle. I have a quirky memory so I remember the story so re-reading the book has no appeal unless I really like it or do not pick it up for a long time.

I am an avid reader too. I love reading; it's one of my favourite things to do. I just also happen to be a slow reader. For me re-reading a book has nothing to do with how well I remember a book. It's like re-watching a movie or tv show I just want to be immersed in that world again. Also I don't understand does using a kindle make you read slower? 

47 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

How many pages is it? I can read up to 200pages in a couple of hours 

The first book, at least me version, is almost 500 pages. The really daunting part isn't any individual book though it's the fact that their are 11 books including the spinoffs and more are still being released.

PhycBookGardenWorm

I am an avid reader too. I love reading; it's one of my favourite things to do. I just also happen to be a slow reader. For me re-reading a book has nothing to do with how well I remember a book. It's like re-watching a movie or tv show I just want to be immersed in that world again. Also I don't understand does using a kindle make you read slower? 

No i still read as fast. The good thing about a Kindle is I do not have to worry about finding another book when I have a bunch right in my hand. Cheaper in the long run butI still buy physical books. As for re-reading, I have a big imagination (pain in the butt when I am in class as I imagine ninjas coming in and fighting with the professor or what would happen if somebody just stood up and said "screw it" and started break dancing) So the story stays with me long after I turn the last page. I do not need to pick up the book again because the world and the characters are still with me. Like Laura Ingalls Wilder, who I have not read since I was in Middle school.

4 hours ago, AlissaRy said:

The first book, at least me version, is almost 500 pages. The really daunting part isn't any individual book though it's the fact that their are 11 books including the spinoffs and more are still being released.

Oh yeah I can see why a whole series might take you a few days 

Archived