[poll] Do you use AVEN forum as a general forum?

chair jockey

Do you use AVEN forum as a general forum?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use AVEN forum as a general forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Both yes and no
    • Neither yes nor no

This poll is closed to new votes

chair jockey

This is a very tight and specific poll. I realize the question could proliferate into many other questions, but I'm being very specific here.

Grumpy Alien

As opposed to...?

7 minutes ago, Graceful said:

As opposed to...?

A forum to just talk about asexuality (and maybe aromanticism) and nothing else. At least, that's how I understood CJ's question.

ChillaKilla

I do. The ToS make it very attractive for that purpose. It (AVEN) makes NeoGAF look like a poop-flinging hellfest in comparison.

chair jockey
40 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

A forum to just talk about asexuality (and maybe aromanticism) and nothing else. At least, that's how I understood CJ's question.

Your understanding is correct.

1 hour ago, chair jockey said:

This is a very tight and specific poll. I realize the question could proliferate into many other questions, but I'm being very specific here.

I could read this in a few ways either you are asking 

"Do you just use it for chat room" 

"Do you only discuss Asexual topics" 

or

"Do you discuss various non-sexual related topics"

Personally, I don't use the chat much and honestly, there is so many people in there is gives me social anxiety trying to respond to several people at once. I get in it on occasion but when I first joined I kept come in, not saying anything and leaving immediately after. I have the same problem offline trying to talk with people. I prefer forums as you can think before you respond or wait an hour or even take a day before you come back and respond to something. Also you are generally only responding to a few people at a time.

When I look for forums I tend to have varied subjects and ideas which I post and they are not all always relating to the main topic of the forum. When I like a forum or a website I tend to stick mainly to that website. I was on three other websites for various things before but now I mostly only come here and have dropped my other websites. Before I had a forum, Twitter, and a chat site I was using and I almost never on twitter anymore since I joined this website. 

my favourite section is just for fun district of it ;) entailing just for fun, the chatterbox and aven arcade so yes, i use it as my general forum rather.

Anthracite_Impreza

There's not much else to talk about when you've discussed and accepted your asexuality...

Yes, I probably prefer non-asexuality related topics because asexuality related topics are often the same conversations I've seen on here dozens of times.(not that that's a bad thing, just that I prefer to talk about other things considering that it's not really new to me.)

chair jockey
6 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

There's not much else to talk about when you've discussed and accepted your asexuality...

I'm guessing you don't mean exactly what you said, because there's loads to talk about on AVEN other than asexuality.

Yes. It used to be the only forum where I'd participate in off-topic discussions and such. I don't see much use in always perusing the on-topic sections when I haven't much to say, and I don't know enough about certain topics to adequately contribute to conversations about them.

Anthracite_Impreza
10 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

I'm guessing you don't mean exactly what you said, because there's loads to talk about on AVEN other than asexuality.

That's what I mean, once you've talked about asexuality you have to use AVEN as a general forum cos otherwise there'd be nothing else to talk about.

Short answer: Yes.

Slightly longer answer: Since the topic of the site is static, it would fulfill its individual purpose rather quickly. Most of the questions asked are either 'Am I ace yes/no' or 'My partner/friend/relative is ace what do I do'. The answers get pretty predictable over time.

There wouldn't be much of a point to spend extended amounts of time on here if it weren't for the community.

Yes, considering the majority of my posts are in JFF/Chatterbox and Off-Topic. I'll occasionally participate in the other areas, but not much. 

I answered "yes &no" since I am not sure if the forum uses me or vice versa when I am answering general questions. - Things would be clearer if I asked them.

chair jockey

There seems to be a clear majority vote here, but not many members have voted yet.

Yes, asexulity is probably the subject I talk about the least 

chair jockey

Does anyone else want to vote?

• 1 year later...

@chair jockey

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived