Who remembers the glory days of MSN?

Joe the Stoic

It absolutely messed up my computer. 

As a joke I changed my MSN Username to omething ridiculous like "I AM A BAD GUY BUT GOOD ON THE INSIDE" and then MSN closed, and that is stuck as the login name for my computer like... TEN YEARS LATER AHHHHH

I even remember the MSN Communities days, and their switch to MSN Groups. Yeah, I feel old now, too.

If you're daring… There's a "fix" called Messenger Reviver that reactivates it, I've given it a try once. It's nearly impossible to add pure Skype contacts though, and only Windows Live Messenger 2012 works.

Yes, I miss it too.

Grumpy Alien

No one I knew ever used MSN. We used AIM. (And AOL before AIM existed.)

Oh yes, AOL. Either you were on AOL or you wanted to be. I never was...

Let's not forget about the NetZero days, while we're at it. abQS78J.gif

WOW I miss AIM. did anyone else try to flirt with the chatbots when they were bored? 

I mean, I haven't done it...... i was just wondering.....

Grumpy Alien

I honestly never understood the point of chatbots

I used MSN to keep in contact with my friends in Europe.  I grew up with AIM in the US, but around the time I moved to Europe in '08, most of them didn't use AIM anymore. So, I made them move temporarily to MSN to keep in contact with me ;) But all my friends in Europe chatted via MSN. 

22 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Oh yes, AOL. Either you were on AOL or you wanted to be. I never was...

Let's not forget about the NetZero days, while we're at it. abQS78J.gif

Don't forget about Lycos, bruh. 

2 minutes ago, kingcakedonut said:

Don't forget about Lycos, bruh. 

Ah yeah. Lycos, wasn't it also Angelfire? And let's add Geocities and Netscape to that list...something else? xD

I had so many email addresses back then, specifically from email.com because they had such cool domain names to choose from.

Mezzo Forte

I remember really enjoying MSN when I was younger, but once everyone converted to Skype/AIM, I basically couldn't use the service anymore. Facebook Messenger seems to have taken the place of IMing in general nowadays, which is too bad since I don't really care for Messenger that much.

nd tlkn lyk dis? Haha not to mention all of the damn emoticons and sparkly text.

Who else changed their font to something almost impossible to read?

On 3/19/2017 at 8:46 PM, kingcakedonut said:

Sup gurl

A/S/L?

I was always getting some random Indian guy calling me "beb" and that he "gives top chat" :blink:

I used to use it when I was in secondary school, back when everyone would set miserable song lyrics as their status to show everyone how angsty they were :P

Oh and the dancing banana emoji! That was my favourite!

On March 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM, borkfork said:

I had ICQ :P

It was ICQ that had the high-pitched "uh-oh!" sounding alert, right?

I used to have my ICQ number memorized. I wonder if I can get back into my account. Damn, I don't even remember the email address I used. Guess I'll have to try them all! And, yeah ICQ is the one that made that "Uh oh!" sound. :lol:

Well, I tried email/password recovery on ICQ for 5 of the email address that I might have used, and none of them were in the database. Oh well. :lol:

Archived