Which song best describes your a/sexuality?

Just curious and up for an interesting dynamic.

Send your answer to the question on the title. :D

If you can send a link to the song, even better!

• Like 1
Clumsy Fairy

Well... This was, and is my favorite song ever.... And oddly I had the relationship described in this song, and ever since I have been asexual. Ok, there is more to it than that... So it doesn't really describe asexuality at all.

HOWEVER I do have a song that I think DOES express asexuality. I dont think it  tries to, but the line "For you touched her perfect body with your mind" well..... thats PERFECT.... RIP Leonard Cohen. 

Uhhmm i'd probably go with 'Circle' by Edie Brickell :D

A bit malincholic xd but i was listening a lot to this some time before my 'encounter' with asexuality, it was kinda my mood at that time. 

I'll just copy & paste mine from another thread.  Leave one of the songs I know many of you would not like.  Muahahaha!

Agnes Obel "It's Happening Again"

_____Because on a daily basis, I'm reminded that I live in a world that my asexuality is a crutch because it's not majority.  It's deep horrible horrific suspenseful sounds like this song that reminds me that there are dark things going on in the minds of a lot of people.

Dido "My Lover's Gone"

_____My boots are no longer by the door.

Florrie "Wanna Control Myself"

_____The things that I want to control, I control.  This song reminds me that I do a pretty great job at keeping it in my pants.  When the bridge comes in; it sends euphoria all over my brain & I forget who I am for a brief second.

Kalenna "Morning After"

_____Reminds me of all of the dancing strength I have retained in my body.

Missy Elliott "Bad Man"

_____I know I'm a bad man...

Neon Jungle "Bad Man"

_____Seriously, I'm a bad man...

Radiohead "Sail To the Moon"

_____Reminds me of what I would want if I ever had a son; mind you, that it's not going to happen but this is a song about having a son.

Rich White Ladies "Love Is For the Week"

_____Reminds me why I love female voices over tracks.  They sound way better & I wouldn't be into myself if I was rapping & singing this song. ^_^

RichGirl "He Ain't With Me Now Tho"

_____An old buddy of mine said I had a sweet singing voice one day.  We were chilling on cam, playing a video game; I was singing, not very close to the cam, but he heard every word.  Ever since then I've been becoming more comfortable with singing around people.  I listen to mostely female vocalists & rappers; but I always perform like a man.

Robyn "Jack U Off"

_____Obvious, should be obvious...

Santogold "Who Be Lovin Me"

_____I got boys around the world, who be lovin me...

Tessa Thompson "Shed You"

_____Definitely reminds me that boys cannot vocalize as great as females...

Whale Tooth "Growing Pains"

_____'I'm afraid that when I'm older, this will all make sense.'

Grumpy Alien

I don't know the lyrics to songs

38 minutes ago, Lord Grep said:

Well... This was, and is my favorite song ever.... And oddly I had the relationship described in this song, and ever since I have been asexual. Ok, there is more to it than that... So it doesn't really describe asexuality at all.

HOWEVER I do have a song that I think DOES express asexuality. I dont think it  tries to, but the line "For you touched her perfect body with your mind" well..... thats PERFECT.... RIP Leonard Cohen. 

Interesting choices!  I especially liked the part you quoted from the Suzanne song.

33 minutes ago, jaymes said:

Uhhmm i'd probably go with 'Circle' by Edie Brickell :D

Jayme, I can sort of relate to your song 😮

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MelMart said:

Jayme, I can sort of relate to your song 😮

Really?! That's nice to hear!! =D i feel less..alone in this 'circle' ahah :D

Clumsy Fairy
6 minutes ago, MelMart said:

This is the song I could relate to when I caught meaningful feelings for people.

https://youtu.be/eVBgTjL2nKE

I found a sort of similar remix / cover of this.. I will add it to the AVEN Friday night mix thread.

18 minutes ago, jaymes said:Really?! That's nice to hear!! =D i feel less..alone in this 'circle' ahah :D

Yeah! I heard it again, and scratch the "sort of". I do relate to your song. Thank you for sharing. Hahaha, we can be alone together. ^_^

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lord Grep said:

I found a sort of similar remix / cover of this.. I will add it to the AVEN Friday night mix thread.

I don't think it's the same song! But still sounds nice.

5 minutes ago, MelMart said:

Yeah! I heard it again, and scratch the "sort of". I do relate to your song. Thank you for sharing. Hahaha, we can be alone together. ^_^

Thank you for this topic!!^-^ Bet on it! you got a new friend there =):cake: 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jaymes said:

Wow so beautiful and relatable!! :o

Thank you <3

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, CBC said:

Huh... interesting. I relate music to almost every other aspect of my life and personality haha, often very closely and intensely, but I've never connected any songs to my sexuality. Hasn't occurred to me.

By sexuality I mean love interest, attraction or anything of the sort. It's interesting that it has never occured to you, since a lot of songs speak of these themes :)

I don't know about the lyrics, but one song that always amused me is "Sex Without Bodies" by the artist/band Dave's True Story. :D

26 minutes ago, daveb said:

I don't know about the lyrics, but one song that always amused me is "Sex Without Bodies" by the artist/band Dave's True Story. :D

I don't know why, this song made me chuckle. Nevertheless it has a cool vibe to it!

• Like 1
Mychemicalqpr

I don't have to be sexual to have dark things going on in my mind. :P

Some will assume it, but there isn't actually anything necessarily sexual in here, unlike the other explicit BDSM songs I've found (such as Rihanna's S&M). I'm comfortable with imagining myself into this one and calling it "my song." 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, twilightstarr said:

I don't have to be sexual to have dark things going on in my mind. :P

Some will assume it, but there isn't actually anything necessarily sexual in here, unlike the other explicit BDSM songs I've found (such as Rihanna's S&M). I'm comfortable with imagining myself into this one and calling it "my song." 

Omg, I don't relate but i loooooved the old-timeyness to this song. He's truly great. The lyrics were amusing, too.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, NerotheReaper said:

Much strength to you, Nero. Thanks for sharing

All the little Lights

Do you know "Annie's Song" by John Denver?

I experience all the feelings that are described in the first verse, but the second one is completely senseless to me. Why would anyone want to do that (I mean having a relationship)?:P

I often use pictures that are drawn in this song to explain my asexuality.

12 hours ago, All the little Lights said:

Do you know "Annie's Song" by John Denver?

I experience all the feelings that are described in the first verse, but the second one is completely senseless to me. Why would anyone want to do that (I mean having a relationship)?:P

I often use pictures that are drawn in this song to explain my asexuality.

I cried! I loved John Denver when I was a kid. I had forgotten how good he was.

• Like 1
Estrella Starr

Locomotive by Alex Winston, even before I had a word for how I identified myself I always really related to the lyrics of that song. 

Sheryl Crow-"Strong Enough"

It has been hard to have a relationship with a man who understands me. I know that I would do my best to understand him.

• Like 1
fatal flower-boy

Any song by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu c: She's not my favorite, favorite, but her songs are so innocent and fun and bubbly. ;u; so ... yeah o-o

• Like 1

Detachable Penis by King Missile

My doodle may as well be...