Single people post here

Joe the Stoic

chair jockey

One thing we single people have to get used to is nobody reminding us about things we might forget. For me that includes medication. A doctor was kind enough to assist me with that by prescribing a weekly bubble pack. Each week the pharmacy assistant assembles my medication in a cardboard booklet sorted by days and medication times, with each time's medication in each bubble. The back is soft paper-that I can just pop to take the medication out. I have to pick a fresh one up each week, but the pharmacy is only a two-minute walk away, and it gets paid by the government to do this for me and doesn't mind.

While this kind of thing is not intended specifically for single people, it sure helps us out. :)

Happy and ready to giggle

For various reasons I realised that I wanted to live alone. When I thought I was straight and didn't know about asexuality and aromanticism, I felt broken cause of it. After discovering that I am ace aro it made me whole again and happy that I'm monolingual:)

54 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

One thing we single people have to get used to is nobody reminding us about things we might forget.

It may sound weird at first, but that's a BIG upside to me. There's no discussion about who would have been responsible for x and who messed up y and who needs to remember z. It's me. If something blows up, it's my fault. I don't have to punch myself for letting others be involved in my business.

I agree with Homer. First, I have a good memory (for some things), so I think that not having someone to remind me about something wouldn't be a problem for me. :P

Second, I remember that once when my friend was complaining that she was responsible for waking up her boyfriend so he wouldn't be late for work (and she had to do it almost everyday!). Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm too busy taking care of myself (which is hard enough), so depending on the situation (and on how often I'm required to do something) I'd probably feel like I'm being forced to babysit a grown man. Taking care of the guy when he's sick is OK, reminding him that he has a doctor's appointment in a few days is fine, but becoming the guy's alarm clock? That's too much for me. xD

I can't stand the control someone tries to take in a relationship. I was taking a pic of these badass chicken and waffles I was eating because I'm a instagramming food whore, she proceeded to TELL me to "eat before my food gets cold" (not to mention she's a professional photographer and does the same shit). Also, she once took something out of my hands because she didn't like the way I was doing something and proceeded to do it herself because she thought her way was the right way or a better way.

That shit didn't last long.

Diamond Ace of Hearts

Perma-singleton here too.

I like being alone and don't want a romantic relationship but there's always been at least one person in my life that I have wanted a romantic relationship with. It sucks that my desire to stay out of a relationship is as strong as my desire to get into one. It annoys me sooo much.

There's probably a label for this but I don't really care what it is, I'm happy to simply remain annoyed by the fact that I want to be on my own (with somebody else).

Having been single for going on 28 year now, I'm rather accustomed to it. Hell, I wouldn't even know what to do in that sort of situation.

Fabulous single here! Enjoying it for 17 years and more to come! I've been there twice, one was 3 months and the other 1 month, decided it was better to have more me time ^_^

I'm finally in the greatest relationship of my life...with myself!!!:P

Alone, but, not lonely.;)

Occasionally, I talk to myself, but, hey...I enjoy sparkling conversation as much as the next guy. :P:P

RoseGoesToYale

Telemetry report:

Objective: Change status to "In Relationship"

Progress: 2% complete

Current position: Incognito; planning strategy

chair jockey
50 minutes ago, nataliemae said:

You two sound like a perfect match. Hahah.

While it might seem that way, two eccentrics together could drive each other crazy with different and incompatible eccentricities. Not saying it's guaranteed to happen, but it could.

@Visenya I'd be pissed off about being someone's alarm clock too, but the things you mentioned--doctor's appointment in two days, etc.--are not bad things to have reminders of. As a single guy I just write them on a wall calendar and check that calendar often because I've had a habit of forgetting the date and day of the week too. :D

Happily single here. Whatcha wanna talk about?

1 hour ago, chair jockey said:

As a single guy I just write them on a wall calendar and check that calendar often because I've had a habit of forgetting the date and day of the week too. :D

Week days aren't a thing at Homer's place as well! I differentiate between "having to get up" and "not having to get up".

Pretty single. Mostly by choice. It's gone well. 

With the reminding/caring thing, I think I'm a bit dependent on others for things like reminding me of important things, or making sure I look after myself properly etc etc, but I have friends and family who are happy to help me with those kinds of things, so I don't feel like it's something that I would necessarily need a partner for. Plus the burden isn't all on one person, which maybe makes it easier I guess?

Grumpy Alien

If I were single, I'd get one of those shirts that say this:

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

F'real though... get it.

LittleGoody2Shoes

I want to find the perfect best friend to be my life partner if I can. I know exactly what I want in a partner and won't settle for less.

4 minutes ago, SunflowerPlanet said:

I want to find the perfect best friend to be my life partner if I can. I know exactly what I want in a partner and won't settle for less.

That's good. Knowing exactly what you want out of a partner and a relationship is invaluable. So, what are you looking for, if you don't mind my asking? I'm curious (and a bit nosy, if I'm being honest), but you don't have to answer if you would rather not. :)

I do have one queer platonic relationship, but since it's not romantic, I guess I'm still single?

I would say I'm single and passively looking, also passive in the sense that I never make a bloody move, ever xD

Even though I'm romantic I rarely have crushes and stuff, it would be nice to be in a relationship someday but I don't want to rush things, I'd make sure the feeling is genuine otherwise it's not worth being in a relationship just for the sake of it.

chair jockey

So now that we have about 30 people who have declared as single, what are we all doing together? I finished all the plums already.

One benefit of being single: my TV is usually on mute. Right now the all-news TV channel is advertising a stage play based on the "Mean Girls" movie and appears to be showing a clip from the movie. All I'm getting is four young people with their mouths moving but no sound. Perfect way to watch a movie of that kind! :D

3 hours ago, chair jockey said:

So now that we have about 30 people who have declared as single, what are we all doing together? I finished all the plums already

We should go crazy and have a party. And by that I mean drink tea, eat cake and discuss how it's perfectly OK to wear pajamas all day :P 

Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, Mauru said:

We should go crazy and have a party. And by that I mean drink tea, eat cake and discuss how it's perfectly OK to wear pajamas all day :P 

Can I put on my cape? :o

8 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Can I put on my cape? :o

I don't see why not. Although you might be a bit overdressed for what seems to be shaping up to be a pajama party! :P

Archived