Single people post here

Joe the Stoic

I travel all the time. Work, football, visiting friends and family. No idea how I would be supposed to squeeze a romantic relationship in there. It wouldn't be important enough to work out. Besides that, who on earth is going to just accept "Oh btw, I'm off to a different country for a couple of days, visiting someone/watching games. See you after that!"

Anyway, I have reached that stage where everyone would be shocked if I brought a SO with me :D

5 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

Thanks. So what are we all single people doing? We're not looking for dates so we need other stuff to do. <scratches head> Well, dates are always imported, but plums are in season! Let's eat plums!

Hmm, I like plums! :D Good plan. After doing that, who knows? We're all single, so anything could happen. Well, not anything. But you know what I mean. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Single as my bed, and I prefer it to having a romo partner.

29 minutes ago, chair jockey said:

Thanks. So what are we all single people doing? We're not looking for dates so we need other stuff to do. <scratches head> Well, dates are always imported, but plums are in season! Let's eat plums!

Plums! I haven't had plums in ages! I need to go on a hunt at the supermarket for some tomorrow. 

Dammit I'm hungry now :P

I've been in a relationship for a long time but I'm single.  It's entirely possible to be in a relationship and yet control my own life, live in my own place, and not feel I have to take into account another's opinions.   It wouldn't work with everyone, but I've found it the best way for me to live.  

chair jockey

I actually see nothing wrong with my hypothetical future partner travelling abroad for short times frequently the way Homer describes. What would matter is her loyalty, not her activities.

2 hours ago, Thea2 said:

:D That's me!

Great lets rent a loft together.. 

Maybe we won't bug each other with our weirdness 

1 hour ago, sea-lemon said:

Plums! I haven't had plums in ages! I need to go on a hunt at the supermarket for some tomorrow. 

Dammit I'm hungry now :P

Thats some hunting you doing 

Single!! Woooo!! Most of my friends that are in relationships or married have completely forgotten about me. Boo hoo! :( But, I don't take it personally, well, maybe a little. :lol:

chair jockey

@sea-lemon I'll be shopping for plums tomorrow  too. There are several varieties and I'll pick the best ones. I'll see if I can post pics of them.

I'm single but would like to restart dating kind of soon, in about 20 years when I'll retire.

I’m single too. Not that I want to stay single forever or something but I think it is the best and easiest to be single for me at the moment.  

chair jockey

The grocery store is out of plums. :( But, hey, there are nice apples and bananas! One apple and one banana per day is a key part of the single life. I might also chop up a cauliflower head and keep the florets floating in some water so they don't deteriorate while I snack on them over a few days. (Broccoli florets work for that too but raw broccoli tastes too grassy for me and has the wrong texture.)

It's really nice when you can keep a bowl of stinky cauliflower on your coffee table and no partner bitches about the smell. :)

Noooo that's sad about the plums :( But yay for apples and bananas and cauliflower! Bananas are great, I eat tonnes of them :D

ChillaKilla

Single, not trying to mingle, and wanting a pringle.

18 hours ago, Homer said:

Yays! *joins*

Why am I single? Various reasons, no specific order.

(1) I'm ugly af. Not the best of starting grounds.

(2) I don't spend my time at the notorious pick-up locations. No bars, no movies, no exotic dance courses.

(3) I value friendship extremely highly. No romantic relationship will ever cause me to abandon my friends. Especially since I know all too well how bad it is to be disposed. If a romantic partner ever tried to make me "choose", they lose. Fuck this, I'm not going to be one of those arseholes.

(4) I actually tried it once and failed. One could certainly say, well shit, things like this happen; you've grown, you changed, give it another try. Yet my experiences were of the kind that just doesn't make you want to try again because

(4a) I didn't get any additional benefit from that. What's the point in changing my life situation if it isn't clearly for the better?

(4b) There isn't much of a difference to me, feeling-wise. I don't have anything more to offer than what I put into my friendships. Do I call you my friend? Cool, I intend to keep you around for the rest of my life. The only thing I could offer theoretically would be my carcass but meh and also... [see point 1]

(5) I am heavily lovey-dovey hormonal giggle bullshit repulsed. Come back when you've regained a clear conscience.

(6) At 34, I have maintained a way of life that is tailor-made for being single. I know what I'm doing, having to take another person into consideration would confuse me beyond words.

(7) I get to handle a gazillion weird people at work each day. That's enough. Leave me the fuck alone after that.

(8) Let me travel and watch my games. On my own. Thank you.

(9) My way of spending my holidays is certainly NOT the way you'd like to spend yours. If it is, you're weird [see point 7].

(10) Just no.

I didnt know movies werea place to pickpeople up. 

I’ve been single for my whole life and I’m rather content with that.

When I was younger I used to want to be “normal” like everyone else and have a romantic relationship. But every time I tried to date someone I just felt trapped and had the urge to run away. Also, I’m far too strange and eccentric so I don’t think that someone would like to stay with me for a longer period of time unless I changed everything about myself  - which isn’t something I’m willing to do.

16 hours ago, Starscream said:

But, I don't take it personally, well, maybe a little. :lol:

How do you manage that? I find it to be heart-breaking...

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

How do you manage that? I find it to be heart-breaking...

I don't tend to dwell on the past for that long. And why would I want to remain friends with someone that has forgotten about me anyways. You forgot about me, so, I'll forget about you and get on with my life. Easy for me, maybe not so easy for others.

Archived