Single people post here

Joe the Stoic

Joe the Stoic

Are you single?  If so, this is your place.  People who have found love, be gone!  Here we will discuss the ways of individual autonomy.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Yeah...... I'm single and I enjoy it.

SorryNotSorry

Heh, there isn't a woman on Earth who has the hots for me. ^_^

The hardest part of being single, and female, is learning how to put myself forward in areas that are traditionally considered "male" venues - like auto repair shops.

Galactic Turtle

*Internally reacts to people saying "I got a boyfriend" and "I walked into a lamp post" the same way*

binary suns

i dk  if i wanna be single or not. but i am single now and certainly happy with it. 

Love it! Being single and down-sizing on all my possessions I can drive two seater sports cars with little worries for practicality :D

19 minutes ago, fuzzipueo said:

The hardest part of being single, and female, is learning how to put myself forward in areas that are traditionally considered "male" venues - like auto repair shops.

Yes... I've accompanied quite a few of my single female friends to car dealers. Tricky situations those are.

I love being single. I've been single 10 of the past 16 years. I'll date when I want to be told how to live my life, get fat and sacrifice all my free time for companionship that's inferior to the companionship i get from friends.

1 minute ago, lIIIIIllIIlI said:

i dk  if i wanna be single or not. but i am single now and certainly happy with it. 

Me too. I'm very happy about not having to accommodate someone in my life, being able to spend time alone, and not having anyone demanding my constant time and attention. The only thing that would make me change my mind about being single is finding a partner who respects that, but in my experience it's very unlikely to happen. So, I'm quite pleased with my freedom right now. ^_^

Forever single. :)

I have been told to post here. :D I'm quite single, and while I may date someone eventually, I don't think I'd have a problem with it if I never did.

I am single. 

What are we doin' here?

Hey everyone! Lifelong (so far) single person here, so I guess this is the place for me. ^_^ If I were to fall deeply in love with someone someday and want to spend my life with them, I wouldn't be mad about that, but at the same time I'm perfectly happy being single now, wouldn't be bothered one bit if I were to remain single the rest of my life.

'm single and not looking to mingle 

Going to get a steady job, by a trailer, trenchcoats, and Books! 

Be a weird eccentric flamboyant weirdo alone somewhere 

Adam_Jensen

I also belong to the circle of singlehood.

Adam_Jensen

And even if I was in a relationship it wouldn't last long,since I'm a person who is hard to get along with.

lynxfratelli

I've always been single, and I can't think of a reason to want to change that. I really enjoy it :)

Meeeeeeee!

I don't really have much to say on the subject beyond expressing enjoyment of my current singleness, but I'm poking my head in anyway :P

Yays! *joins*

Why am I single? Various reasons, no specific order.

(1) I'm ugly af. Not the best of starting grounds.

(2) I don't spend my time at the notorious pick-up locations. No bars, no movies, no exotic dance courses.

(3) I value friendship extremely highly. No romantic relationship will ever cause me to abandon my friends. Especially since I know all too well how bad it is to be disposed. If a romantic partner ever tried to make me "choose", they lose. Fuck this, I'm not going to be one of those arseholes.

(4) I actually tried it once and failed. One could certainly say, well shit, things like this happen; you've grown, you changed, give it another try. Yet my experiences were of the kind that just doesn't make you want to try again because

(4a) I didn't get any additional benefit from that. What's the point in changing my life situation if it isn't clearly for the better?

(4b) There isn't much of a difference to me, feeling-wise. I don't have anything more to offer than what I put into my friendships. Do I call you my friend? Cool, I intend to keep you around for the rest of my life. The only thing I could offer theoretically would be my carcass but meh and also... [see point 1]

(5) I am heavily lovey-dovey hormonal giggle bullshit repulsed. Come back when you've regained a clear conscience.

(6) At 34, I have maintained a way of life that is tailor-made for being single. I know what I'm doing, having to take another person into consideration would confuse me beyond words.

(7) I get to handle a gazillion weird people at work each day. That's enough. Leave me the fuck alone after that.

(8) Let me travel and watch my games. On my own. Thank you.

(9) My way of spending my holidays is certainly NOT the way you'd like to spend yours. If it is, you're weird [see point 7].

(10) Just no.

chair jockey

I'm no longer content to remain single forever. And if I tried to find a partner, I feel that I'd end up with one, or a series of them. But right now my life is such a mess that it would be irresponsible to drag another person into it. Plus relationships are stressful and restrict your freedom, and I need low stress and full freedom to keep getting my shit together. So I'm single for now and not trying to change that for now because I'm just a responsible guy.

Do I belong in this thread?

chair jockey
5 minutes ago, Planet Ace said:

Yesiree, @chair jockey! You're single, so you belong here too. :)

Thanks. So what are we all single people doing? We're not looking for dates so we need other stuff to do. <scratches head> Well, dates are always imported, but plums are in season! Let's eat plums!

Archived