Anyone else watching Survivor?

AlissaRy

Does anyone else here watch the reality show Survivor and want to talk about it? I've been watching since season one (I was five) and I am so psyched for this season. 

OZZY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more? (He is my all-time fav survivor incase you couldn't tell.)

I wasn't sure what to think of this season originally but it seems to be working better than I expected so far. They seem to like to bring back some of the players that I hated with a passion (Tony). Regardless, I can't help but watch the series (although I haven't seen tonight's yet since I record it). I thought it was great they brought Ozzy and Malcolm back. :D 

25 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

I wasn't sure what to think of this season originally but it seems to be working better than I expected so far. They seem to like to bring back some of the players that I hated with a passion (Tony). Regardless, I can't help but watch the series (although I haven't seen tonight's yet since I record it). I thought it was great they brought Ozzy and Malcolm back. :D 

Yes I am so happy that Ozzy is back! I do agree that they brought back a lot of people that I don't like but I never like everyone so I can live with it. I haven't watched  today's episode yet either. :( 

• 3 weeks later...

The teaser for next week!! :o:o I'm so curious about who it will be.

16 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

The teaser for next week!! :o:o I'm so curious about who it will be.

Do you think that the returning survivor will be from this season or a new past survivor entering the season for the first time?

Past survivor. I feel like it will be someone major too who could throw a wrench in things, like Russell Hantz or a major physical threat player. How about you?

I agree I feel like it's going to be a really infamous player that when they show up everyone is going to freak out. 

I got to say I didn't see the whole exile/mentor thing coming. But I think it's an interesting twist I just wish it wasn't wasted on Debbie.

Warning to other readers: Spoilers for the Show Ahead

Neither did I! It's funny that it was him though; I had wondered if he was going to come back on but didn't think they'd actually bring him back. And yes it was definitely wasted on Debbie (which I find sad and hilarious at the same time). Absolutely any other player would have received more out of that discussion than she did. I'm rooting for her to get voted off next-- she's just annoying! Who would you want to go next?

Also, what'd you think about who got voted off/ that crazy tribal? They had me wondering what in the world they were going to do when it seemed like everything was switching around! I'm impressed that group stayed strong with their plan despite the mayhem. I was freaking out that Ozzy had a chance at being sent home!

@Cimmerian

I'm so worried about Ozzy. It looks like he's going to be in some hot water next week now that Sandra is gone. 

They could have avoided the whole mess at tribal if they had just told Tai the plan. Instead they got mad at him for messing up a plan he didn't even know about. 

I want Debbie gone because of how annoying she is but if she keeps making enemies like when she feared at culpepper she won't be much competition. but it Mana goes to tribal then I think they should go after brad or Michaela. They are both pretty big threats and it's time they vote based on threat instead of just keeping who is good at challenges. 

Since there were three advantages for debbie to choose from I think that they should have at least three more exiles and the next person gets to choose from the remaining two and the third gets what's left. 

But they did tell him, didn't they? They were all planning to vote Sandra and Tai went and told Varner that at least he was voting Sandra. Even though he didn't mention the others Varner and Sandra are too smart not to know Tai tends to flip-flop and give things away. Tai's sweet but he's a huge liability in your voting block.

I did think it'd be interesting though if they had voted Tai off at the last minute since he was kind of ruining the plan because they would have unknowingly have gotten rid of two idols simultaneously. Lol.

Oh that's a good thought; I figured they'd use Exile again but I hadn't thought about the two additional advantages.

They told him to vote Sandra but he was never apart of the discussions to keep it a secret from varner because they didn't want to tell him that they told varner and sandra to vote him. They were worried he'd flip and side with them not that it would have made much of a difference because the'd still have the majority. 

I do agree that he was shooting himself in the foot by saying so much at tribal. He needs to learn when to keep quiet. Tribal is not the place to be making new plans. That's something that surprised me this season, how much they talk to each other at tribal. They've never done that before and I don't think it's helping anyone. 

Oh okay.

Mhm, the chatting and whispering votes is a huge change. I've always wondered at why there wasn't more of that when they're trying to stir up trouble.

I watched the first and second season back when I was 12, rewatched a few years ago... then watched Cambodia (second chances) and it was soooo gooood!! Is this season anywhere near as epic? The bar was set so high that season I don't want to be disappointed!!

@Tofruity

All I can say is that this season is like no other. Every episode there is a new twist and I'm really enjoying it. 

OKAY!! SO!! This season is fantastic! I watched 4 episodes yesterday and the premiere the night before. I was excited to see Jeff Varner back! I remember him from Australian outback and didnt get much of a chance in cambodia. It was a close one this last episode. He may not last much longer though 😖

And real good plays! The whispering at tribal counsel is insane! Now I remember why I can only watch this show in the morning...I get SO much adrenaline it keeps me up for hours! Can't wait to see where this season goes! Thank you thank you for starting this topic and getting me hooked on a good season! 

@Tofruity

Yay! I'm so glad you like this season. I love survivor and have been watching since season 1. It's nice to be able to talk about it. 

This season is insane with all the tribe switching and crazy tribals. I can't wait to see what happens next. This might be my favourite season yet. 

Also it doesnt make sense to have the other two rewards to the people to go to exile island because wouldnt that give away that the others who went to exile island got rewards as well? I dont know just sounds too predictable for this season 😝

And this whole whispering at tribal counsel deal made sense when the two tribes couldnt communicate until then. But now it seems to be ingrained as a solid game strategy. Can you imagine when they filmed this, the producers/Jeff must have been like "uhh do we allow this?? What do we do! Should we stop them?" Even if they wanted to stop them and were consulting with other producers, it just happened so quick they wouldnt be able to edit out what already happened. Oh and Sandra is a crazy good player! They were smart to get her out early no matter how smooth she talks!

They could still do it. All they'd have to do is change the note. Besides I think it would be different from normal because in the past when survivor's found advantages they got to decide who to tell. But this way it would be out of their hands. 

I almost don't have words. Just, Varner at Tribal. Oh my gosh.

I literally screamed. I never saw that coming. I can't believe Varner did that. 

Oh my god! I screamed too! I am SO pissed! Sorry I ever said I liked Varner. It was really drawn out too. The ongoing defensiveness and shallow apologies were unbearable. Felt bad for Zeke since this IS public television. How on earth could they erase that and do it over if Zeke didnt want it on the show? Then as Zeke spoke I realized this is always a possibility he risks. Okay fair enough. Yes his optimism and strength from the metamorphisis is moving BUT its STILL really shitty what Varner did. I don't want viewers to leave this episode feeling "gosh it got crazy there but Zeke can handle it what a moving story wow so inspiring" Really Zeke doesn't have much choice but to BE STRONG and suck up to cis hetero men of privilege (when he's speaking to Varner he's speaking to ALL the defensive cis men in our country with privlege and power no way you're going to lash out in anger). The way Jeff the host ended it with the positive spin REALLY bothered me. Like "this was really upsetting but we learned a valuable lesson while witnessing strength" BUT EVEN SO THIS WILL NEVER BE OKAY!!

This was appalling and CBS should be ashamed. "Varner insisted he did it to show that Smith was deceptive during the game." -CNN. So then every trans person who doesn't tell everyone they meet they're trans must be deceptive? This is CBS perpetuating discrimination for a buck. 

Okay, placing that on CBC is a leap. (It did make me want to see the contracts though, and I wondered if they had to gain additional permission from Zeke to be able to show that part of tribal-- I bet not). I did think it was great how the rest of the tribe reacted and the point that there's still a separation between what's meant for the Game and what's still off-limits and personal.

I like Ozzy and was already wanting Varner voted off before that Tribal, so it worked out that they got rid of a huge strategic threat. :)

That's going up there with my "craziest, most unexpected tribals ever"--- like the crazy 0-0 vote from several seasons back.

I was glad Ozzy was safe too. This is not the way I would've wanted it to happen but I am happy he's still in the game and with the merge next week he might be off the chopping block. 

• 2 weeks later...

This tribal council vote was great! :D I've been waiting for that vote for ages!!

The group I like still has a shot at continuing on, but next week should be interesting with more alliance shifting. Also, I couldn't help thinking that I feel like the people with the best shot of winning (although we still have a huge group left) are women.

• 4 weeks later...

What are people's thoughts on the finale? I have to say my favorite player of the remaining got voted off. :( But I'm happy with the final result.

Archived