-peeks around shyly- 😳👋

Sephirion

Hello. By the title, you may have guessed I'm a wee bit of an introvert. 😋 I'm very much still figuring things out, but learning about the asexual spectrum has felt like coming home, as the expression goes.  All my life I've had people tell me I was broken, not normal or healthy, wasting myself (like I'm just a commodity for others' consumption), and my favorite: "That's not natural", like they have a right to dictate who I am and can be. You know - all the ignorant crap that seems to be so common it's become standard in stories like this. 🤗

I can't ever see myself telling my family-of-origin. (I won the genetic lottery in being surrounded by malignant abusive a**holes and definitely don't need to give them anything else to mess with me about.) The more I'm discovering about myself, the less I'm listening to the people around me who keep trying to shove me back in a box. I don't have the words to accurately describe how liberating it was to find out I'm not alone, that there's a community of people who can relate...  

Please excuse the poetic cliche, but as I'm clawing my way out of hell, this site already feels like a welcome breath of fresh air. ☺️ Thanks for reading. And please help yourself to some 🎂✨😄🎉

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini ManualWelcoming 101Quick Guide to the ForumsAsexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Hello! I'm glad you found this community, and yes it is nice to know that there are tons of more like ourselves out there.

It's great that you don't listen to what people have to say about your asexuality, and everything else for that matter.

You, me & all of us here just are the way we are, and that's perfectly fine :D

Stay awesome! Cheers for the cake! :cake:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story with us!! I'm glad you made your way here. : ) That's so awesome how much like home this feels like to you. We're a supportive bunch...lots of fun, too. It's ok if you're an introvert...I am, too, but it's easy to make friends around here. Take your time exploring, and I hope you enjoy being a member!!

Image result for yummy layer cake

Hermit Advocate

Hi Sephirion, don't worry there are a lot of introverts here on AVEN, me included. I think there might even be a pole about it floating around somewhere. I'm glad you're discovering yourself and I hope you like it here. :cake::cake::cake:

Sucks that you were surrounded by people trying to put you in a box. Hope you find liberation here and maybe find some other asexuals to bond with in real life!

Archived