Favourite video game franchise?

YamiCake

Adam_Jensen
Just now, YamiCake said:

That one was actually one I thought about picking up at some point. The pirate stuff peaked my interest the most for any of the games thus far.

You have your own ship which you can upgrade and the more powerfull it is the more enemy ships you can fight at the same time.

The naval battles are my favourite part of the game.

Just now, Adam_Jensen said:

You have your own ship which you can upgrade and the more powerfull it is the more enemy ships you can fight at the same time.

The naval battles are my favourite part of the game.

Oh, that does sound pretty exciting! Haven't heard about that feature before. I remember seeing a friend of mine play it though and he got this crazy glitch... There was a hole in the sea and people were falling into the sky. So weird. lol

36 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Spyro! I love Spyro, he's great, love the classic stuff. And you mean the New Beginning trilogy? I only ever played the first of that, I own it in fact... It's a bit of a guilty pleasure that I play every once in a blue moon, mostly because it's so short.

Yes, the New Beginning trilogy.  GOODNESS, THAT ORCHESTRA MUSIC COMPLETED ME!  But the emphasis on the voice actors & changing the worlds ruined it for me.  I was just thinking, "You can get through it with out resenting it."  I still resented it.  The Cynder music is especially dope, about to put it on replay now after I condition my beard.

Also, what's your favorite kind of video game music?  I can put some of the Phantasy Star Online 2 music on my drop box so you can listen to it.  They have hella stages & the soundtrack might have something up your alley.

@YamiCake Ha ha, lol! Okay, never inviting you over to play horror games. Got it! XD

Adam_Jensen
4 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Oh, that does sound pretty exciting! Haven't heard about that feature before. I remember seeing a friend of mine play it though and he got this crazy glitch... There was a hole in the sea and people were falling into the sky. So weird. lol

That's some crazy glitch!!! Yea the AC games are infamous for their bugs and glitches.Especially Unity,what a mess of game that was.

1 minute ago, Moophie said:

@YamiCake Ha ha, lol! Okay, never inviting you over to play horror games. Got it! XD

Unless you want to hear a lot of screaming and running commentary of jokes then it's probably best not to! XD

1 minute ago, Adam_Jensen said:

That's some crazy glitch!!! Yea the AC games are infamous for their bug and glitches.Especially Unity,what a mess of game that was.

Oh yeah, he caught it all too:

I heard about Unity's bugs, seemed like they just didn't care about polishing that one.

Adam_Jensen
1 minute ago, YamiCake said:

Oh yeah, he caught it all too:

I heard about Unity's bugs, seemed like they just didn't care about polishing that one.

The end times are upon us!!! Just imagine if that happened during a battle :D

9 minutes ago, terrance_barnes said:

Yes, the New Beginning trilogy.  GOODNESS, THAT ORCHESTRA MUSIC COMPLETED ME!  But the emphasis on the voice actors & changing the worlds ruined it for me.  I was just thinking, "You can get through it with out resenting it."  I still resented it.  The Cynder music is especially dope, about to put it on replay now after I condition my beard.

Also, what's your favorite kind of video game music?  I can put some of the Phantasy Star Online 2 music on my drop box so you can listen to it.  They have hella stages & the soundtrack might have something up your alley.

I think the voice actors are what make it a guilty pleasure for me, Just because it is mind boggling that Elijah Wood is Spyro, with a David Spade side kick and a Gary Oldman Mentor. I just... It was so odd it kind of amazed me. lol

Oh god... I like a lot of video game tracks. I love Sonic music for one, no matter how bad those games get the music is almost always stellar. I love Mass Effect's OST, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts... Spyro Music, I can go all over the damn place. I like a lot of video game tracks!

5 minutes ago, Adam_Jensen said:

The end times are upon us!!! Just imagine if that happened during a battle :D

Oh god, you're in the middle of a fight and suddenly the enemies are in the sky. XD Actually, something like that happened to me in Mass Effect 3. I was getting shot at and I had no idea where from, and there was this guy who was just hanging out super high in the air. He was standing on nothing and shooting me from above. So I killed him with a sniper rifle and I guess it un-glitched him because he just fell like a rock. lol

Adam_Jensen
Just now, YamiCake said:

Oh god, you're in the middle of a fight and suddenly the enemies are in the sky. XD Actually, something like that happened to me in Mass Effect 3. I was getting shot at and I had no idea where from, and there was this guy who was just hanging out super high in the air. He was standing on nothing and shooting me from above. So I killed him with a sniper rifle and I guess it un-glitched him because he just fell like a rock. lol

I'm pretty sure he was a Reaper :D

Just now, Adam_Jensen said:

I'm pretty sure he was a Reaper :D

Damn, I didn't know reapers were so good at looking like the common human soldier! Sneaky bastards.

7 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

I think the voice actors are what make it a guilty pleasure for me, Just because it is mind boggling that Elijah Wood is Spyro, with a David Spade side kick and a Gary Oldman Mentor. I just... It was so odd it kind of amazed me. lol

Oh god... I like a lot of video game tracks. I love Sonic music for one, no matter how bad those games get the music is almost always stellar. I love Mass Effect's OST, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts... Spyro Music, I can go all over the damn place. I like a lot of video game tracks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ssd78ufz6rkon2y/AAAxaVMGtg7ynSOJ6z-8V1T0a?dl=0

That's a link to some of my favorite tracks from PSO2.  When you get to the end of Underworks Peace, just make sure you don't lose all of your marbles.  It may sound like a bunch of random sounds; but it's the track for the mine stage, the one with all the robots.  It's mad fitting...  :|  Mad...

1 minute ago, terrance_barnes said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ssd78ufz6rkon2y/AAAxaVMGtg7ynSOJ6z-8V1T0a?dl=0

That's a link to some of my favorite tracks from PSO2.  When you get to the end of Underworks Peace, just make sure you don't lose all of your marbles.  It may sound like a bunch of random sounds; but it's the track for the mine stage, the one with all the robots.  It's mad fitting...  :|  Mad...

Damn, first little bit of one song and I can already tell this is some good shit. XD

@YamiCake, make sure you're blaring it on a stereo with the bass boost on.  It'll change your life...  XD

Just now, terrance_barnes said:

@YamiCake, make sure you're blaring it on a stereo with the bass boost on.  It'll change your life...  XD

Lizard Sanction is my jam. It sounds like someone smashed Sonic music and Final Fantasy music together into one glorious thing. lol

7 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Lizard Sanction is my jam. It sounds like someone smashed Sonic music and Final Fantasy music together into one glorious thing. lol

My life is complete, thanks for putting those two comparisons together!  I can see Sonic characters zip through a huge green house structure now as a giant dragon lizard is trying to chomp them all up.  Why you had to do that?  lol  I'm surprised so many of these tracks came out the way they did; I was expecting a lot of repeating beats but they switched up so much of this soundtrack I was in heaven for months when I got it.  No joke, my favorites have over 500 plays combined.  No telling how much I listened to them at work around that time either.

My life is complete, thanks for putting those two comparisons together!  I can see Sonic characters zip through a huge green house structure now as a giant dragon lizard is trying to chomp them all up.  Why you had to do that?  lol  I'm surprised so many of these tracks came out the way they did; I was expecting a lot of repeating beats but they switched up so much of this soundtrack I was in heaven for months when I got it.  No joke, my favorites have over 500 plays combined.  No telling how much I listened to them at work around that time either.

Surprisingly, not the weirdest thing to happen to Sonic...Not at all. And honestly that's just the sort of crazy thing SEGA would do, I really wouldn't put it past them. XD
I can see why you would listen to these a lot, they're all awesome, I'm sure they compliment their levels perfectly.

Just now, YamiCake said:

Surprisingly, not the weirdest thing to happen to Sonic...Not at all. And honestly that's just the sort of crazy thing SEGA would do, I really wouldn't put it past them. XD
I can see why you would listen to these a lot, they're all awesome, I'm sure they compliment their levels perfectly.

By the way, Phantasy Star is a franchise by Sega.  Just in case you didn't know.  Sonic, KnucklesTails & Amy makes appearances in Universe & Online 2 I believe.  Now I'm going to fall asleep thinking about my Sonic fan fics.  lol

By the way, Phantasy Star is a franchise by Sega.  Just in case you didn't know.  Sonic, KnucklesTails & Amy makes appearances in Universe & Online 2 I believe.  Now I'm going to fall asleep thinking about my Sonic fan fics.  lol

I did know it was SEGA that made it but I didn't know Sonic and friends made a cameo, that's actually pretty neat! They do like their cameos though, I mean NiGHTS has appeared more then once in the Sonic universe as an example. 
Have a good night dude! lol

Lord Jade Cross

I play video games now more as a passing hobby rather than being a hardcore gamer so for the most part I stick to the pokemon games.

I also dont have a console so I pretty much couldnt play any new games even if I wanted and consoles are ridiculously expensive.

That being said, the original SNES Link to the past was (and probably is still) my all time favorite game. I knew it by heart.

A few others that I was able to play and can say I enjoyed alot were the first 3 Fatal Frames, Grandia 3, Dark Cloud 1 & 2 and Red Ninja.

1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

I play video games now more as a passing hobby rather than being a hardcore gamer so for the most part I stick to the pokemon games.

I also dont have a console so I pretty much couldnt play any new games even if I wanted and consoles are ridiculously expensive.

That being said, the original SNES Link to the past was (and probably is still) my all time favorite game. I knew it by heart.

A few others that I was able to play and can say I enjoyed alot were the first 3 Fatal Frames, Grandia 3, Dark Cloud 1 & 2 and Red Ninja.

Do you have a favourite pokemon game?

The only other game I can really comment of from your list is Fatal Frame, those are some extraordinarily freaky games. That said, I think I may have seen a friend play Dark Cloud at some point and that looked fun.

Lord Jade Cross

Well, I guess that the first two generations of pokemon were my favorite. It was an awesome feeling the day I finally got my hands on the first Pokemon Red cartridge. I spent way too many hoirs on it filling the pokedex. Unfortunately I lost the first game :/

The second generation games were actually a gift from a schoolmate's mother who knew me and we had studied together (back when such things actually happened). I instantly fell in love with the game and put in even more long hours in it. The battle with Red is still an unsurpassed experience :) Sadly time did not do the memory justice and I woke up one day to find the file gone :(

I am enjoying Sun & Moon as well as X & Y and yet even more long hours on them but comprehensively less when compared to Red and Gold. But then again, its not the same being a kid and having virtually no worries other than tracking down the latests generation legendary or training a good team and adulting with bills to pay, work to do and people to tolerate. 

I miss being a kid...

@Jade Cross

Aw man, loosing files or cartridges is the worst. I had my copy of pokemon pearl utterly annihilated when my sisters dog found it and decided he was going to eat it. It was torn to bits...And it was heart breaking because I had just gotten to the elite four.

I love the second gen, but the remakes are my favourite, Soul Silver specifically. And yeah Red was a beast! I was disappointed with his fight in Moon, that being said Moon is a close second for my favourite pokemon game.

Yeah, being a kid was great. Sure you had school to deal with but for the most part it was much less stressful.  

Lord Jade Cross

I agree. I kind of was expecting Red to give me a run for my money (or team) when I first battled him. It was the same for Blue and he was comprehensively the second strongest trainer back in Gold.

Even in tag team the battle was somewhat ok but battle tree's limitation with items and pokemons made it less than a great battle (It took me just 6 turns to beat them). It just didnt give off that huge sigh of relief, muscle tense, "omg did I actually just beat him? kind of feeling of back then. 

I guess its true what they say about that battle. To regular people its just a game with sprites but to us it was a full on epic battle :P

Forest Spirit

Ahm... there would be The Legend of Zelda series (Wind Waker is my favourite game ever, I love it to death <3 it's basically my childhood)

Drakengard/Nier franchise (crazy heartmoving mindfuck)

The Bioshock series (even though it's hard for me to play because I get motion sickness from first person views..)

That's it for whole series/franchises I think... usually I just play whatever game seems appealing story and/or gameplay-wise, no matter which genre :) 

Prufrock, but like, worse

No love for Creeper World? Admittedly, I spend more time in the map editor than playing.

(All the 'no true gamer' alarms go off)

Just now, Quasar.w said:

Ahm... there would be The Legend of Zelda series (Wind Waker is my favourite game ever, I love it to death <3 it's basically my childhood)

Drakengard/Nier franchise (crazy heartmoving mindfuck)

The Bioshock series (even though it's hard for me to play because I get motion sickness from first person views..)

That's it for whole series/franchises I think... usually I just play whatever game seems appealing story and/or gameplay-wise, no matter which genre :) 

Love Zelda, I do need to play more of them though. Wind waker is one of the ones I have yet to play.
I don't know much about Drakengard/Nier, I've heard the names before but I don't know anything else. lol
I do like Bioshock, though because I am a scardy cat it's hard for me to play. I own them all but I have yet to finish them all. I got them originally because I liked the look of Infinite, and then I tried playing Bioshock 1, got to the first sighting of a littler sister and Noped the hell out. xD

1 minute ago, Cthulhu said:

No love for Creeper World? Admittedly, I spend more time in the map editor than playing.

(All the 'no true gamer' alarms go off)

Never heard of Creeper world, what is it?

Archived