Favourite video game franchise?

YamiCake

If you go back to cards then XY decks have a way better output for Ultra Rare Holo's. Sun and Moon booster packs tend to have a sucky holo.

I think I might buy FireRed/LeafGreen (still can't get past my attachment to the original 151, so maybe that will provide the gateway into the next generation).

Love me my Legend of Zelda. My favorite is Twilight Princess. I mean, you get to be a wolf, how fun is that. I love me my puzzles and a good chosen one adventure always gets me eager to save the world

Mario and Zelda does it for me!

But thats pretty recent before that i was a big time old Harry Potter pc game fan as well as Rollercoaster Tycoon ( the first one!) fan, i played those games for hours and hours and hours!

13 hours ago, Josie P said:

Love me my Legend of Zelda. My favorite is Twilight Princess. I mean, you get to be a wolf, how fun is that. I love me my puzzles and a good chosen one adventure always gets me eager to save the world

Twilight Princess is a lot of fun, and I have to agree I find wolf Link to be a joy to play as! (Also he's super cute.)

ab8608998d4e6b4b0ade68ab6113a47bb576824a

13 hours ago, LizzzzzK said:

Mario and Zelda does it for me!

But thats pretty recent before that i was a big time old Harry Potter pc game fan as well as Rollercoaster Tycoon ( the first one!) fan, i played those games for hours and hours and hours!

Oh man I remember the Harry Potter games, those were some fun times when I played them at a friends house. (I never owned them)

Joe the Stoic
On 3/9/2017 at 4:30 AM, YamiCake said:

For me personally, I love Kingdom Hearts for one. The idea for the series was bonkers but it actually works well and I'm a huge Disney fan so that helps. :P

Ha, Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game, but I hate the franchise.

Just now, Joe Parrish said:

Ha, Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game, but I hate the franchise.

Understandable, it is riddled with plot holes and is probably one of the most confusing series ever made, but I still enjoy it. lol

Joe the Stoic
2 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Understandable, it is riddled with plot holes and is probably one of the most confusing series ever made, but I still enjoy it. lol

They couldn't just do a proper trilogy with it and leave it at that. >.<

Just now, Joe Parrish said:

They couldn't just do a proper trilogy with it and leave it at that. >.<

That would have been preferable, yes. The only game that isn't labeled with a number that I really enjoy playing is Birth by Sleep. Even still I will gladly play 1 and 2 over any of the other ones any day.

I love the Witcher series. Is that a franchise? Started with Witcher 2, then played the original game and bought Witcher 3 when it came out. I've completed the third game 3 or 4 times now and it's still good. 

8 hours ago, Kelpie said:

I love the Witcher series. Is that a franchise? Started with Witcher 2, then played the original game and bought Witcher 3 when it came out. I've completed the third game 3 or 4 times now and it's still good. 

I'd count that yeah. :) I've been meaning to finish those. I started 1 a while ago but didn't finish it.

KumatoraKazooie

I have several:

Super Mario

Pokemon

EarthBound/MOTHER

Banjo-Kazooie

Undertale

Just now, KumatoraKazooie said:

I have several:

Super Mario

Pokemon

EarthBound/MOTHER

Banjo-Kazooie

Undertale

The only one I have no experience with is Earthbound/MOTHER. The others are all exceptional though, love them all!

Knight of Cydonia

- Baldur's Gate

- Doom

- Pokemon

- Mario

Honourable Mentions:

- Zelda

- The Sims

Baldur's Gate, Lemmings, Unreal Tournament, Zork, the Elder Scrolls, Total War... that's probably about it that really counts. I mean, partly for legacy purposes, I'd also through in Commander Keen. Those are the ones where I really have liked all the games in them I've played, although Baldur's Gate and Commander Keen and Zork are the only ones where I've liked them all equally -- in the others I have favourites (the original Lemmings plus Lemmings 2: The Tribes, Unreal Tournament 2004, Morrowind, Medieval II).

There are several more that I'm on the edge of counting because there's such a disparity between how much I like the games. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Duke Nukem come to mind first for those. In those three I have a very strong favourite or pair of favourites (Origins, Mass Effect, and Duke Nukem and Duke Nukem II), but my opinion drops of sharply after that. I still like some things about some subsequent games in the first two cases, but in the third they changed so much after the first two that it might as well have been an entirely different franchise, and I don't even like any of the games past the first two. I guess Sonic the Hedgehog probably goes in here as well -- I like the earlier ones, not so much the later ones.

I'm posting again, this time to express admiration for the work of Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian). As well as games influenced by his work such as The Last of Us. Few games are the games which are capable of making me cry.

27 minutes ago, Pramana said:

I'm posting again, this time to express admiration for the work of Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian). As well as games influenced by his work such as The Last of Us. Few games are the games which are capable of making me cry.

Shadow of the Colossus was amazing. No other game's made me feel bad for killing a boss.

Blueberry Pie

--Left 4 Dead 1 and 2

--Contrast

--Choice of Games narratives (does that count?)

--Portal 1 and 2

--We Happy Few

--All Bioshock games

--Life Is Strange

--Undertale

--The Sims 3 as long as I can make use of the 'Supernatural' expansion pack.

--Wizard101, if that counts. I hate working with other people in that game, so I always end up soloing everything. I love Marleybone!

I'm probably forgetting something.

drjohnhwatson

For game series that have stuck with me since I was a child, I would have to say Pokemon and Harvest Moon.

For games I got into a handful of years ago, I would say the Dragon Age series.  I love roleplaying and the chance to romance people, and the series tugs at all my emotions and is eminently replayable (even if I always keep taking the same routes because I love the people so much and I can't be mean even to fictional people, haha!).

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Halo 1,2 and 3 series it's been years since I played it though, I want to get it and a game system and start again.

Archived