Favourite video game franchise?

YamiCake

For the anyone who plays video games, do you have a favourite franchise? If not a whole franchise then maybe you have a favourite game or genre of game?

For me personally, I love Kingdom Hearts for one. The idea for the series was bonkers but it actually works well and I'm a huge Disney fan so that helps. :P 
Mass Effect is another one I like quite a bit.
There's also Portal, which is an amazing time I love it, especially 2 on co-op.
And I'll end with the Sonic franchise, as it's really what got me into gaming. It's had some pit falls, but the series will probably always remain close to my heart. It's cheesy and often makes no sense but it's given me many a good time. :)

Adam_Jensen

Mass Effect is the first that comes to mind but I have many more,like Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed for example.

9 minutes ago, Adam_Jensen said:

Mass Effect is the first that comes to mind but I have many more,like Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed for example.

I have yet to try out the tomb raider series, but Assassins creed no matter how I try I just can't get into. I don't know why.

There's no way I could pick just one, but Ys, Trails/Kiseki and Forza would be up there.

Just now, Still said:

There's no way I could pick just one, but Ys, Trails/Kiseki and Forza would be up there.

Can't say I've heard of those before, but googling them they look similar to Final Fantasy or maybe the Tales franchise, that's neat. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Adam_Jensen
13 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

I have yet to try out the tomb raider series, but Assassins creed no matter how I try I just can't get into. I don't know why.

I have to admit that Assassin's Creed had a quality drop over the last few years.I started playing Tomb Raider after the reboot back on 2013,I'm not a fan of the classics.

4 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Can't say I've heard of those before, but googling them they look similar to Final Fantasy or maybe the Tales franchise, that's neat. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Ys is a series of action-RPGs and is kinda like Zelda except not really. The Trails games are JRPGs, and IMO the best JRPG series ever.

1 minute ago, Adam_Jensen said:

I have to admit that Assassin's Creed had a quality drop over the last few years.I started playing Tomb Raider after the reboot back on 2013,I'm not a fan of the classics.

If I was to make a guess as to why Assassins creed may be dipping in quality, I'd assume it's because they release one every year... That's just a guess though. I've only played the first one so I won't judge it too much. 
I heard that reboot was awesome, it definitely looks fun!

2 minutes ago, Still said:

Ys is a series of action-RPGs and is kinda like Zelda except not really. The Trails games are JRPGs, and IMO the best JRPG series ever.

Is that so? I'll have to give them a try some time!

Phantasy Star

_____Phantasy Star inspired Story #16: the Greatest Story Ever Lived.  Online 1 got me into it; Universe sealed my fandom & Online 2 has the best video game soundtrack of all time.  You should hear it...

Spyro the Dragon

_____I have every Playstation version of Spyro the Dragon but I stopped at the lame trilogy...  Thank goodness for Cynder; but that trilogy was super duper horrible.

Dead Or Alive

_____The first fighting game that had a full roster of enjoyable characters.

Guilty Gear

_____The second fighting game that had a full roster of enjoyable characters.

Little Big Planet

_____One of the most difficult side scrollers but it's mad enjoyable because of the adorable factor.

Bust A Move

_____Makes my brain all warm & fuzzy.

_____Great great times...

Twisted Metal

_____Each enstallment made my membranes crawl; I loved them all...

Burn Out

_____My ultimate speed demon supressor.

Streets of Rage

_____Greatest back in the day nostalgia.

Dynasty Warriors

_____Never a dull moment with this game & it just keeps getting better.  Xtreme Legends 7 was literally the best thing since ice cream...

Mario Kart

_____Blue spiny shells for the win!

Félinferno

Definitely Pokémon. I've been a huge fan of the franchise for over ten years now, and I will continue to be for many, many years to come.

I mainly play the main series of games, and if I had to choose a favourite game it would be Sapphire, the reason being that it was my first Pokémon game.

16 minutes ago, terrance_barnes said:

Phantasy Star

_____Phantasy Star inspired Story #16: the Greatest Story Ever Lived.  Online 1 got me into it; Universe sealed my fandom & Online 2 has the best video game soundtrack of all time.  You should hear it...

I've heard great things about the series but haven't yet had the chance to try it. Will get there eventually!

Spyro the Dragon

_____I have every Playstation version of Spyro the Dragon but I stopped at the lame trilogy...  Thank goodness for Cynder; but that trilogy was super duper horrible.

Spyro! I love Spyro, he's great, love the classic stuff. And you mean the New Beginning trilogy? I only ever played the first of that, I own it in fact... It's a bit of a guilty pleasure that I play every once in a blue moon, mostly because it's so short.

Mario Kart

_____Blue spiny shells for the win!

Aw hell yeah, Mario Kart for the win!

Aww, maaaaaaan... why do people have to keep coming up with such challenges? There's too many to choose from!

I love just about everything that Naughty Dog has done, so that covers Jack and Daxter and Uncharted. The Last of Us will be a franchise soon, so probably that one too.

And I'll always have love for Dead Space, no matter what EA tries to do to it.

3 minutes ago, EtherealHaze said:

Definitely Pokémon. I've been a huge fan of the franchise for over ten years now, and I will continue to be for many, many years to come.

I mainly play the main series of games, and if I had to choose a favourite game it would be Sapphire, the reason being that it was my first Pokémon game.

Ah yes, pokemon is amazing. My first one was Red I think, but my favourite is Soul Silver...And possibly Moon in a close second.

2 minutes ago, Moophie said:

Aww, maaaaaaan... why do people have to keep coming up with such challenges? There's too many to choose from!

Curiosity :P 

3 minutes ago, Moophie said:

I love just about everything that Naughty Dog has done, so that covers Jack and Daxter and Uncharted. The Last of Us will be a franchise soon, so probably that one too.

Jax and Daxter I have yet to play, really want to though! Uncharted is great though, I've played 1 haven't had a chance to play the others but I love the characters and the story. (It's one of my friends favourite things ever so I may not have played all of them but I've seen most of it.) 
Last of Us I will probably never touch, not because it's not good, I've seen it and it definitely is but I can't play horror games. I'm a scardy cat, so I just watch other people play them...

6 minutes ago, Moophie said:

And I'll always have love for Dead Space, no matter what EA tries to do to it.

Same as Last of Us will probably never play it myself but I did watch a friend of mine play it once or twice, that's some intense shit. lol

Adam_Jensen
28 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

If I was to make a guess as to why Assassins creed may be dipping in quality, I'd assume it's because they release one every year... That's just a guess though. I've only played the first one so I won't judge it too much. 
I heard that reboot was awesome, it definitely looks fun!

Yea the yearly releases definitely hurt the franchise,that's why they hold of last year so they can spend more time making the next game better.This is the reason that I still have hope for the franchise.

Luftschlosseule

The Legend of Zelda. When I look for plot, I just read, so I am fine with replaying the same story again and again.

Just now, Adam_Jensen said:

Yea the yearly releases definitely hurt the franchise,that's why they hold of last year so they can spend more time making the next game better.This is the reason that I still have hope for the franchise.

I hear the next one is based in Ancient Egypt, and if that's true that is some cool shit. (I'm a sucker for Egypt). 
Hopefully the next one is good!

1 minute ago, Luftschlosseule said:

The Legend of Zelda. When I look for plot, I just read, so I am fine with replaying the same story again and again.

What time I've had with Zelda I've loved, Ocarina was great, also Twilight Princess and it's the one I've gone back to the most. 

Adam_Jensen
Just now, YamiCake said:

I hear the next one is based in Ancient Egypt, and if that's true that is some cool shit. (I'm a sucker for Egypt). 
Hopefully the next one is good!

Yea that's the word around the web,that the next game will take place in Egypt.I'm also a big fan of Egypt so that's exciting that we'll be able to finally visit this time period!!

I also hear that this game will start a trilogy with the same character and the next game after that will take place in Ancient Greece.

Now all this is just rumors so take it with a grain of salt.But it sounds exciting nonetheless!!!

Luftschlosseule
Just now, YamiCake said:

What time I've had with Zelda I've loved, Ocarina was great, also Twilight Princess and it's the one I've gone back to the most. 

My all-time favourite is Wind Waker, but those two I like also very much!

Just now, Adam_Jensen said:

Yea that's the word around the web,that the next game will take place in Egypt.I'm also a big fan of Egypt so that's exciting that we'll be able to finally visit this time period!!

I also hear that this game will start a trilogy with the same character and the next game after that will take place in Ancient Greece.

Now all this is just rumors so take it with a grain of salt.But it sounds exciting nonetheless!!!

Those are some really exciting rumors, I hope there's truth to them! I mean Greece and Egypt? amazing!

3 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

My all-time favourite is Wind Waker, but those two I like also very much!

That's one I still need to play. I was never able to pick it up as a kid and finding the money to get it now has been difficult. Have heard fantastic things about it though!

Luftschlosseule
1 minute ago, YamiCake said:

That's one I still need to play. I was never able to pick it up as a kid and finding the money to get it now has been difficult. Have heard fantastic things about it though!

I am one of the lucky ones with gamecube and game for years. But I know the troubles, at the moment I am searching for Mario Party 6 and Paper Mario...

Just now, Luftschlosseule said:

I am one of the lucky ones with gamecube and game for years. But I know the troubles, at the moment I am searching for Mario Party 6 and Paper Mario...

I have a gamecube and a Wii U but I'll probably have to get the Wii U version of it as the gamecube games price is BONKERS. Searching for older games at a good price is ridiculous sometimes. 

@YamiCake That's cool, thank goodness for YouTubers playing the ones that art too scary for me! ;p

Oh! I forgot Outlast!! It's going to be a franchise soon too!! :D

Adam_Jensen
10 minutes ago, YamiCake said:

Those are some really exciting rumors, I hope there's truth to them! I mean Greece and Egypt? amazing!

Supposedly the main character will be a former slave and an assassin (obviously) and the game will be called Assassin's Creed Empire.

Now you said that you only played the first one (I'm not a fan of this one) but if I'm gonna recommend a game from the series I'll say Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

That's my favourite game from the whole franchise,it takes place during the 1700's and the main theme are pirates vs the British,you play a pirate assassin.

Just now, Moophie said:

@YamiCake That's cool, thank goodness for YouTubers playing the ones that art too scary for me! ;p

Oh! I forgot Outlast!! It's going to be a franchise soon too!! :D

Ah yes outlast, the game that may kill me as I have 2 friends that are horror fanatics and they love to drag me to their place when they play things like that. It's kind of amazing that they still do as well, because to cope with how scared I am I usually try and make as many jokes as possible. It's amazing I haven't annoyed them with that. lol

2 minutes ago, Adam_Jensen said:

Supposedly the main character will be a former slave and an assassin (obviously) and the game will be called Assassin's Creed Empire.

Now you said that you only played the first one (I'm not a fan of this one) but if I'm gonna recommend a game from the series I'll say Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

That's my favourite game from the whole franchise,it takes place during the 1700's and the main theme are pirates vs the British,you play a pirate assassin.

That one was actually one I thought about picking up at some point. The pirate stuff peaked my interest the most for any of the games thus far.

23 minutes ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Unfortunately, Majora's Mask is the only one that made my spirit gleaux (glow).  When I found Theophany's orchestra remix for that game, it ripped open a new portal in my brain.  I'll always keep Majora's Mask on my Wii too.  Also, Young Link was the bomb on Super Smash Bros Melee...

Archived