who does this quote come from?

sir octepus tea

sir octepus tea

"I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil" 

I reblogged a post with this quote on tumblr a while ago, and it has been changing the author between j.r.r tolkien and sylvia plath. at the time of writing tolkien is credited with this quote. so who wrote the original quote? am I switching between universes? is the o.p trolling? or do I just have shitty memory?

No, it's definitely Tolkien. In this universe, anyway. :P It's from the last chapter of The Return of the King; the character Gandalf says it. I'm looking right at it in my copy. Your memory is just fine! 

• 2 weeks later...
SamwiseLovesLife

I adore Gandalf, Ever since I was a young kid he's been my favourite ever character. Funny how Sir Ian McKellen has said he's certain Gandalf is Asexual

6 hours ago, AmberLovesLife said:

I adore Gandalf, Ever since I was a young kid he's been my favourite ever character. Funny how Sir Ian McKellen has said he's certain Gandalf is Asexual

I hadn't really thought about it, but it's possible, I suppose. There's certainly no evidence to prove he isn't asexual. Pretty much all the other characters end up being pair off in one form or another, and Gandalf doesn't, so one could make a fairly good case for it. That's cool! :)

sir octepus tea

I honestly headcanon many of my favorite charcters as being on the asexual spectrum unless it´s reeeeeeeally clear that they are attracted to someone, but since this usually makes it a main storyline with less interesting characters I don´t have many favorite characters like that

Archived