What are your religious beliefs?

Dreamer23

What are your religious beliefs?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Which Religion do you most identify with?

• Christianity
    • Islam
    • Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist
    • Hinduism
    • Chinese traditional religion
    • Buddhism
    • Ethnic religions
    • African traditional religions
    • Sikhism
    • Spiritism
    • Judaism
    • Other (Please specify!)

This poll is closed to new votes

Anomaly Q3Xr

I'm a Secular Humanist / Atheist.

Enne Kristin

I am a panentheist humanist with christian expression (I don't follow christian dogma, though...)

I don't believe in a god or gods 

but i do believe in some spiritual things 

some would consider me a Atheist others would argue it i don't really care what people think i consider myself a athiest because its more simple to explain why i don't believe in a god.  

darkstreamers252

Yay! lots of free thinkers are here or have been the majority taking this test!!

• 3 months later...
LuckofTheChuck

Wiccan part satanist.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm atheist/agnostic atheist... 

Music & Lyrics

Us Jews are so over-represented here!  Nearly 5% is like 10 times our numbers in the general population...why is that? 

On 3/7/2017 at 11:50 PM, ~Smugleaf~ said:

I'm agnostic, so I guess I'll go with the 'other' option?

EDIT: Just realised there was an atheist/agnostic option. Whoops. Can't change it now though.

Me too :redface:

Christian. Studying for my MDiv right now.

I hate so much of what is done in the name of Christianity, both now and in the past.

Christianity is mine, but I am so sorry for what it has likely done to hurt or oppress you.

3 hours ago, Jewel Bright said:

Christian. Studying for my MDiv right now.

I hate so much of what is done in the name of Christianity, both now and in the past.

Christianity is mine, but I am so sorry for what it has likely done to hurt or oppress you.

What is MDiv?

Master of Divinity... it is a pre-requisite for ministers/pastors of many denominations

Agnostic/atheist.

Even though I did go to an orthodox school when I was 7-9 years old.

I put (other) even if I resonate with many of the paths listed, I cannot say there is one over another I'd give preference.

This quote from A Course In Miracles, pretty much sums up my stance towards my fellow man  regardless of personal beliefs or wether anyone even cares what I think or not. 

(Spirit is in a state of grace forever.

Your reality is only spirit.

Therefore you are in a state of grace forever.)

(ACIM)

I'm an atheist, but I've live my entire life in the Bible Belt of America, so I've learned to just co-exist with religion. Though I do wish deeply religious people would be open to scientific facts more often, as many ordinary religious people can do this, and of course just keep their beliefs OUT OF POLITICS. Also, I just straight up don't like Evangelicals. Watch the documentary Jesus Camp, which is old at this point, but very eye opening. There's one point in it where they've got a bunch of kids in a room with a cardboard cut out of George W. Bush, former republican US president, at the front of the room and they're asking the children to pray to him. Also, Evangelicals played a decently big role in electing Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, Groobly said:

George W. Bush, former republican US president, at the front of the room and they're asking the children to pray to him. Also, Evangelicals played a decently big role in electing Donald Trump.

Hold on, what? They prayed to a president? Really?

My religious belief is a mix of Catholic, Taoist with pieces of Buddism. I want to learn more about other religions and find the connections that helps foster a spiritual belief system.

I can't pick one fate, because I can't accept only one. We have such a myriad of belief systems with similar core values. One can't be the 'one true correct religion'. I'm not Atheist since my faith is in something exists.

1 minute ago, Feys&Florets said:

Hold on, what? They prayed to a president? Really?

My religious belief is a mix of Catholic, Taoist with pieces of Buddism. I want to learn more about other religions and find the connections that helps foster a spiritual belief system.

I can't pick one fate, because I can't accept only one. We have such a myriad of belief systems with similar core values. One can't be the 'one true correct religion'. I'm not Atheist since my faith is in something exists.

A cardboard cutout of him, yes. I found the clip here, it's absolutely insane. Some of the movie centers around them and their understanding that they're raising the future republican voters of America, so they consider it their duty to do things like this. Evangelicals are actually the worst.

3 hours ago, Groobly said:

A cardboard cutout of him, yes. I found the clip here, it's absolutely insane. Some of the movie centers around them and their understanding that they're raising the future republican voters of America, so they consider it their duty to do things like this. Evangelicals are actually the worst.

Good sweet sanity! Praising a cutout...that's almost cult-like.

Okay, well I can see it in a different context, where they want to give blessings to the past POTUS and aren't actually praying TO a cardboard cutout. But goodness sweet sanity.

That is scary.

I'm a spiritual person, but nonreligious. 

I respect those who are religious and believe that whomever they have faith towards, exists in their perspective of the world. So long as no one is hurting anybody, I will co-exist. As for my beliefs, I don't feel right saying that I believe in a God or feel that God exists. I'm open to hearing why some think otherwise, and talking about it, but that's about it. 

arekathevampyre

I am semi atheist (is that even such a thing ?) 

I believe in the Goddess of Mercy and being compassionate and caring to the people around me . 

I believe in the other side and heaven but it seems like I can't go there because I am too much of a bad egg . 

I believe in karma so I try my best not to do s*** . 

so yeah . Not really 100% religious .

I used to go to Christian schools (throughout my main education) and when I was 4 to 7 , I did believe in Christian teachings but ultimately realised that I suited the Chinese beliefs more as my mum's family are semi atheist too (and they pray to the Goddess of Mercy - but we just call these group of believers Buddhists - I know that there are many types of Buddhism and Buddhist Deities out there but collectively known as Buddhists in my country) . 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
5 hours ago, arekathevampyre said:

I am semi atheist (is that even such a thing ?)

In semi atheist, you mean agnostic atheist?

But yeah, Kuan yin is pretty cool.

The_Reluctant_Dragon

I’m an agnostic atheist. I don’t believe in a God(s), but, I know that the existence of them are unknown.

arekathevampyre
9 hours ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

In semi atheist, you mean agnostic atheist?

But yeah, Kuan yin is pretty cool.

yeah I guess 

I'd daresay my understanding of who God is will vastly differ from common Christian ideology.

I want to debate and discuss and question. Not blindly accept. I want to learn about other belief structures and understand them, from their cultural, traditional, and moral values. Why should they be outright rejected? I may disagree with them, but that comes from time spent analyzing and understanding, not just because of someone saying 'I say so.'

From a rational point of view I'm agnostic because I think there's no proof whatsoever of the existence of God (or maybe Gods who knows...) but I feel something "spiritual" when I see pictures of ancient temples (Greek and Roman temples above all).

I don't know why! :huh:

I'm a Reform Jew. Interested in Modern Orthodox Judaism, though. 

Non religious. I've been physically and verbally abused to go to Catholic church so I went out of fear. I never got the point cause every few weeks it would be the same shit on repeat.

I've experienced the misogyny and creepiness of Islam and it's believers thanks to my wonderful ex and some of my current friends.

The thing is I understand that my experiences are not the be all end all so I won't hate or be rude to any religious person regardless because they are free to believe what they want. I will pray if they want to and if a friend wants to talk about religious stuff with me I stay quiet and listen.

Archived