The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

On 31/03/2017 at 5:31 AM, Piotrek said:

@Tal Shi'ar

I rarely listen to the original version of "For Whom the Bell Tolls". It may have been only the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard it. I like it :) though I'm much more used to the Moonsorrow cover. I tried to find it on YT, but I failed.

I find covers of these early Metallica songs really weird, and even not often satisfactory. It's just not the same.

At 3 mins in, the build up and pay off... Similar but even more epic towards the end. I love this song so much. 

Spoiler

• Like 2

@Ricchan

This is seriously epic. Thanks for sharing :) And another band goes to my "to explore further" file.

I mentioned Epica earlier on. Here's the song that used to be my most -played ever at some point. That recurring keyboard motiff is so catchy. Strange to think that it was inspired by a deadly hurricane.

Spoiler

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

@Ricchan

This is seriously epic. Thanks for sharing :) And another band goes to my "to explore further" file.

I mentioned Epica earlier on. Here's the song that used to be my most -played ever at some point. That recurring keyboard motiff is so catchy. Strange to think that it was inspired by a deadly hurricane.

Hide contents

Omg I love that song! My friend showed my it a year ago but I could never find it :o (I'm actually gobsmacked) 

• Like 2
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

• Like 1

@Ricchan

I'm listening to the "Voyage to Eternity" album by Valhallore. This is so great! Who would have guessed that Australians, at the other end of the world, would sing about Vikings, and with such grandeur. "Augury of Death" has just begun.

@Shieldmaiden WinterDragon

I clicked "like" as soon as I saw that the post included Amon Amarth. You infected me :)

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

@Ricchan

I'm listening to the "Voyage to Eternity" album by Valhallore. This is so great! Who would have guessed that Australians, at the other end of the world, would sing about Vikings, and with such grandeur. "Augury of Death" has just begun.

I clicked "like" as soon as I saw that the post included Amon Amarth. You infected me :)

EEEHEHEHEHE oops :P  I found Amon Amarth the same year I did Arch Enemy in  2011.

Need a pick me up?

One of my favorite bands

How about a band from Iraq (now relocated in USA).

• Like 2

THe thread sank to page 2? Time to fix it :)

Meet the masters of the trve cosmic horror :evil:

Spoiler

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

one of my favourite songs ever again.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

also. you may laugh at me, but I still love In Flames.

• Like 2

@UVB-76

I didn't laugh. I liked the song you shared.

Now something from me. I didn't particularly like the added vocals at first, but then the song grew on me. Tbh. the instrumental (The last of the Wilds) is rather boring and repetitive so the vocals flesh it out and the Finnish language adds to the song's charm for me.

Spoiler

It makes me quite happy Gloryhammer is getting some love. I can't help but smile whenever they sing about things like undead unicorns or Hootsmen.

Not sure if this will be everyone's cup of tea since it is on the softer side, but I love that it exists at all: Music Inspired by the Life and Times of Scrooge by Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish. It's a soundtrack to Don Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck comic. I think that is all that needs to be said.

A Lifetime of Adventure - Tuomas Holopainen

• Like 1

@BlueSaint

Even though Nightwish is among my very favourite metal bands since 2004, I've only listened to Tuomas's album once. Time to catch up :) Thanks for sharing.

And this is one of my favourite B-sides from Nightwish:

• Like 1

Here's some Grave Digger. I love the power, if you couldn't tell by now. :P

Spoiler

Here, have some Exodus:

And have some Anthrax while we're at it:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

what about some industrial black metal?

• Like 1

@UVB-76

Thanks for sharing. I'll look closer into that. I like this combination of industrial and metal.

Meanwhile, how about some Lovecraft influence

Spoiler

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

if you liked that song, maybe you'd like this one? :D

it's one of my favourite bands from my teenage years.

J. van Deijck

is post rock/post metal/sludge/whatever is it actually called allowed in this thread?

Actually, whilst I'm at it. Unleash The Archers are amazing and this song deserves to be heard by everyone. 

I have no idea if I posted this here or not.

• Like 2

So that's what a Viking metal funeral dirge sounds like. I like it :) The 2nd video is unavailable to me.

A little-known Nightwish B-side from me. A Micheal Nyman cover.

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ever been listening to music on youtube, and thought to yourself you'd like to listen to one specific song? So you look that song up, because you don't want to go look for it in your own music.., and... only covers exist apparently, with maybe some amateur live videos thrown in... given the covers might be really good, but still :( ... 

Spoiler

Spoiler