The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

I gotta also agree that Freedom Call will totally change your mood! :D

Here's some more happy metal from Freedom Call.

Spoiler

But, I'm totally in an Avantaisa and Edguy mood at this moment. How to describe it...hmm, a little more amped up power symphonic metal? Heh

Spoiler

• Like 1

Me and my girlfriend were just reminiscing over text about Nu Metal, as it was the big thing as we were growing up :P  Nostalgia might be talking here but some of it wasn't too bad :P (Deftones excluded, they went on to be an outstanding band at whatever they did!)

Spoiler

• Like 1

I liked Korn a lot too, that first album is untouchable! (no pun intended) SOAD were very hit and miss for me, but when they were good they were brilliant. I bloody loved Aerials, what a song!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ThaHoward said:

Devil's thread!

:twisted:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

:D

I couldn't find this on youtube, so here's the link:

http://w890.wrzuta.pl/audio/40d7MeR1kE0/agathodaimon_-_sacred_divinity

it was one of the songs I liked quite much. 

• Like 1
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Lately I've getting back into more thrashy sort stuff:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2

how 'bout some superheros :P 

and a very very soft song: 

Grailknights are an awesome band to see live, they are incredibly entertaining, their concerts are like a mix between a metal concert and a super cheesy rock opera about superheros taking back the holygrail of eternal drunkenness from the evil skull dude, and of course includes a final fighting scene in slow motion and a few minutes of aerobics, because why not :P 

"grailrobic" or lets get fit so we can fight in slow motion againgst the evil guy :P (not a song) 

Spoiler

it's all in German: 

so here's a translation: 

Spoiler

"my dearest friends, it is time to strengthen our muscles a bit. We have a hard battle infront of us, and for that reason let's do a bit of morning gymnastics. Dearest friends, who is in the mood for some grailrobics" (crowd yells) 

"grailrobic" (crowd yells and music starts)

"very nice. So dearest battlechoir, make yourselves a bit loose in the hips. we'll start very simple"  

'dearest friends, we put our left arm up and we bend our right arm and we kneel"

"beautiful, beautifully done" 

'shake it out a bit, same thing other side, we lift our right and we bend our left arm and while we kneel we yell as loud as possible" 

"powerful, powerful"

"but we don't want to forget our heroic legs, for that reason, battlechoir, we squat" 

"exactly like that, very, very, beautiful"

"my dearest friends, I will count to 4, after that we will jump up and show our as strong as steel super muscles"

"are you with me?" 

"one, two, one, two, three, four, muscles!" 

"grailknights battleschoir!" (crowd yells "yes, sire")

"powerful"

and here's the actual video

Spoiler

also, I was there, in the front row :P ...

I've seen these guys live three times now, they are so incredibly entertaining XD

• Like 1

Oh, look @Shieldmaiden WinterDragon posted something by AmonAmarth... again :D

Seriously though, keep 'em comin; I don't mind. In fact, I listened to the most of the Jomsvikings album yesterday and I liked it :)

@Starscream mentioned Avantasia. I don't know many songs by them (just 2 or 3, I think), but speaking of big rock-operas/collaborations I like Ayreon (Though, again, I only know a fraction of Lucassen's huge output). So here goes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

Music Genre: Comic Black Metal! (from video comments)

Some sort of parody i guess

• Like 3

Ayreon is really cool :D @Piotrek 

Don't listen to them much, because I like listening to the whole story when listening to them, my favorite CD from them is The Human Equation (about a person in a coma dealing with all his emotions and memories and stuff). 

I was introduced to them when my brother got me The Theory of everything for my birthday one year, thought they were amazing instantly.. 

this is my favorite song from them though..

10 hours ago, Urishir said:

Music Genre: Comic Black Metal! (from video comments)

Some sort of parody i guess

Opinion: black metal doesn't even have to be a parody to be comic... It parodies itself just by existing :lol:

• Like 1

@XYZ96

I only own copies of 01011001 and Universal Migrator. As I said I still have a lot to discover when it comes to Lucassen. Somehow I never got round to spinning The Electric Castle and the Human Equation properly. It's time to change this 8) Also, Lucassen is working on the new Ayreon album! I like the list of guest vocalists :D Also, it looks like it has a new storyline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Source_(Ayreon_album)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
16 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Opinion: black metal doesn't even have to be a parody to be comic... It parodies itself just by existing :lol:

agreed :lol:

btw, is progressive rock/metal (never sure of the difference) allowed here? 

J. van Deijck

BTW,  Immortal is fucking hilarious.

e5b76dc1c0fe461f85ff30ae46ce5bf8.jpg

fee530dee0684702aff2ba8d35f7d12e.jpg

immortalchristmas2.jpg~c200

xD

• Like 1

Glam, industrial, heavy, blues, etc. A metalhead is what I (mainly) am and I'm proud of it.

What I like is, but is in no way limited to, Lost Horizon, Megadeth, Vixen, Lita Ford, Twisted Sister, Dio, Motley Crue, Dragonforce, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, and Whitesnake.

@XYZ96

Speaking of superheroes and lolsome videos

Also, I saw those guys live during a metal festival organized at a river beach :D

• Like 1

I'm on a Gamma Ray binge right now and probably will be for some time now, so many albums!! I love me some Gamma Ray! :D

Wow, cool video @Starscream. Do you know where it was shot by chance?

6 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

BTW,  Immortal is fucking hilarious.

Agreed. I actually sort of love them though for being totally unaplogetic for their over the top ridiculousness.

7 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

btw, is progressive rock/metal (never sure of the difference) allowed here? 

Why not? I'm sure there's a fair bit of overlap in tastes, and there's a lot of prog metal that could easily be called prog rock as well.

And finally, welcome @Tanzanite! :) 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

Wow, cool video @Starscream. Do you know where it was shot by chance?

Hmmm, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, Berlin! :P

I'm on the album Land of the Free, Part II now.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Starscream said:

Hmmm, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say, Berlin! :P

:P I meant what building lol! It looks like an old parking garage but cooler. Probably one of those cool art spaces. *Sigh. I always thought I was supposed to be a German... 

1 hour ago, SaturnOOO said:

:P I meant what building lol! It looks like an old parking garage but cooler. Probably one of those cool art spaces. *Sigh. I always thought I was supposed to be a German... 

Haha, yeah, who knows. :P If you ever go to Germany you'll never want to come back! At least that was my reaction when I went there...well, culture shocked at first and I was probably totally annoying to the locals in the beginning. :lol: But, dammit if they don't have some of the best metal bands! ...second to Finland, I loves the Finnish metal, too!

1 minute ago, Starscream said:

Haha, yeah, who knows. :P If you ever go to Germany you'll never want to come back! At least that was my reaction when I went there...well, culture shocked at first and I was probably totally annoying to the locals in the beginning. :lol: But, dammit if they don't have some of the best metal bands! ...second to Finland, I loves the Finnish metal, too!

Truth! I hope to go very soon... and who knows, maybe I won't come back. And not only metal bands! See: my obsession with Blixa Bargeld.

• Like 1

• Like 1

@XYZ96

Yesterday I briefly though I came across a Grailknights song when my Last.fm radio played this piece:

Spoiler

Well, not really, but still, judging by what I read about them, Gloryhammer do indulge in some goofiness too :P

• Like 1

I'm finally sitting down to give the new Deathspell Omega a proper listen. First impression (well, second impression, but the first time I was distracted by other things:) more of the same. But goddamnit I'm mindless DsO trash and it's more of the awesome same, so I'm pretty on board. There's part of me that wishes they would have stopped at Paracletus, though. It was a great culmination of their last three  full length albums, and I'm afraid with this album they've pretty much cemented themselves as less "avant-garde" (it's been 13 years since Si Monvmentvm came out) and more just carrying on a shtick. It won't take away from their impact on black metal and how I see them in relation to the genre as a whole, but I think this is the start of them declaring themselves significantly less relevant moving forward. :( 

Anyway, here's Carnal Malefactor, which will ALWAYS be relevant.