The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

This is one of Tuomass Suikkonen's old projects (he's old mate from Wolfheart:)

• Like 1

@Vlakorados

Good stuff. I like the athmosphere :)

Some time ago I posted this Ancient Egypt-inspired band. See if you find them interesting :)

Spoiler

• Like 1
On 3/10/2018 at 11:08 AM, Piotrek said:

Some time ago I posted this Ancient Egypt-inspired band. See if you find them interesting :)

Reveal hidden contents

I've heard of them. Not a fan of that style, but sounds good.

Some pretty insane stuff.

• Like 1

@Una Salus Victus

TrollHamaren is one of very few songs by Finntroll that I've heard, but if the rest in the same style I'll have to take a look.

A classic from me. This was one of those albums that I decided to buy after the first spin.

Spoiler

• Like 4

Idk what this is classified under? But it makes my mind feel very calm. (Has swear words sorry :ph34r:)

Wish to learn how to make music that sounds like this one day.

Warning: anyone with high BP or just weak hearts: it tricks you into thinking it’s a chill song but boom before you know it- it just sneak attacks you- it escalates very quickly lmao. 

@Amnesiac aye aye that cult leader song? 🤧 beauty 

• Like 1

I f**king love this band I dont even understand why. xDD

And Aborted because why the f*** not?! Their new album is gonna be  SICK!

Just curious if anyone else is going to see Nightwish? I’ll be at their concert on the 3rd of April, anyone else gonna be there?

After seeing Arch Enemy a couple nights ago, I'm already considering my next gig:

• Like 1
StupidDream
1 minute ago, Una Salus Victus said:

After seeing Arch Enemy a couple nights ago, I'm already considering my next gig:

Nice, I saw AE back in Feb. Are they still touring with Wintersun.  Tbh I kinda hate AE I went entirely for Wintersun but AE were fun enough... I do think Loomis is utterly wasted in that band though... I always hoped for a nevermore Reunion but that will never happen now :mellow:

Cool on the sept. I'd have loved to have seen them back in the Beneath/Arise days... Still some of the most entertaining thrash of that era

• Like 1

Since I've only got into AE in the last year or so, or maybe a bit more, I've only recently come across Loomis. I must say though, Amott and Loomis did do a cool little instrumental bit in the middle:

Since Amon Amarth are in town (well, not for me so much) tonight, and I couldn't make it:

• Like 1
StupidDream
1 hour ago, Una Salus Victus said:

Since I've only got into AE in the last year or so, or maybe a bit more, I've only recently come across Loomis. I must say though, Amott and Loomis did do a cool little instrumental bit in the middle:

Amott is a good player, check out Carcass Heartwork.  And Jeff Loomis is probably one of the top 5 metal guitarists... Certainly of the neo classical style, its just mind blowing what he can play. Miles of machines is a good example of Loomis in action on his solo stuff. Also from the final nevermore album the title track

Arch enemy are not bad, I just see them as playing up to the commercial appeal of the front woman... Their first couple of albums back when they were playing more straight forward death metal are still pretty good.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Seen these guys last night. It was pretty good, but didn't quite make it to the end. Long day at work and all that jazz.

Had to review this album lately. I'm not even sure I really understood it, but it sounds interesting. Sort of experimental black/death.

• Like 1

• Like 2

• Like 3

Guess who I'm seeing in a month's time :D

If you guys dig Jeff Loomis check out Conquering Dystopia, an eponymous album he did with Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse and the drummer from Necrophagist. If you think he is underused in Arch Enemy then you'll love this album. 

On 4/10/2018 at 12:04 AM, Peinture Paix said:

Damn 🤧😍 that melody? Especially from

0:00-0:20

2:30-3:34

4:28-5:23

6:00- end 🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧💚💚💚

dammmmmmnnnnn that kicked me in the chest 🤧🤧🤧 beauty 

watch you just watch I shall learn guitar 💡🧐 & drums 👀😋

• Like 1

@Amnesiac sup :ph34r: lol back in my prime I was addicted to this need for speed game and till this day this song is my favorite from any video game I’ve ever come across (including tony hawk games 🤭👀):

• Like 5