• Announcements

• Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
    • Kelly

Join the team. Moderators and Project Team Member needed: Voting   01/04/18

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/166163-new-moderator-member-needed-announcements-and-tea-and-sympathy-moderator-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/166162-new-moderator-member-needed-just-for-fun-aven-arcade-and-alternative-language-forum-moderator-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/166161-new-project-team-member-needed-answering-team-and-wiki-coordinator-voting/  
SaturnOOO

The Metalhead Fortress

Peinture Paix

@Piotrek And you are correct. ^_^ Street Metal is also a fitting way to describe their style. They sound to also have blackened punk elements as well. Lyric-wise, they mostly talk about alcohol and depression with a Blues-like format in their lyrics. (that's how I'd describe it, at least.) But their form in song writing and tone as a band can really intrigue their listeners.

Piotrek

@Peinture Paix

Did you manage to find the English translation of their lyrics/use Google translate or can you understand Polish?

Peinture Paix
2 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

@Peinture Paix

Did you manage to find the English translation of their lyrics/use Google translate or can you understand Polish?

I managed to find the English translation and used a bit of google translate too :lol: I understand very few Polish words, but not enough to be conversational, unfortunately.

Peinture Paix

Vlakorados

I've always been interested in them, but this is their first album I actually love.

Piotrek

From the latest release by Leaves' Eyes, "Sign of the Dragonhead", recorded with the new vocalist, Elina Siirala.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Una Salus Victus

Piotrek

@Una Salus Victus

I was just going to post songs from the latest album by Heidevolk :D Vuur van Verzet was released on Jan 12 and I like it after just one "spin" (if Spotify allows you that :D ) My favourite so far is "Yngwaz' zonen" as the most characteristic IMO, but others will no doubt catch my attention in due time. UNfortunately, no links to individual songs on YT available yet.

SaturnOOO

I’ve never been able to get into Agalloch as much as most people despite wanting to love them, but "In the Shadow of our Pale Companion" is a damn fine song.

"If this grand panorama before me is what you call God, then God is not dead."

Spotastic

I'll post videos when I have more time, but lately I've been listening to a lot of 5 Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold, and the Metal Essentials playlist on Spotify.

SaturnOOO

Welcome @Spotastic

Peinture Paix

SaturnOOO
On 2018-01-16 at 4:45 PM, Vlakorados said:

I've always been interested in them, but this is their first album I actually love.

I used to follow the blog of this guy who mainly did album reviews because he had similar particularities in music taste to me. He was really into Botanist and I never really understood why. Maybe I need to revisit. That song is definitely interesting.

Vlakorados
13 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

I used to follow the blog of this guy who mainly did album reviews because he had similar particularities in music taste to me. He was really into Botanist and I never really understood why. Maybe I need to revisit. That song is definitely interesting.

The main difference between this album an the previous ones is that this time Otrebor had a full band, instead of doing everything on his own. I guess that's why it feels more complete.