The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

@Amnesiac I like that Venom Prison song. 

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

• Like 1

Bluuwaaaaaaaghhh!!! :D

Goodbye Malcolm!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Amnesiac said:

\m/ \m/

Damn, powerful video... I had to look the band up. 

• Like 1

@SaturnOOO I love that this is a thing in heavier music lately. Been far too long since bands have had the balls to hold a mirror up to the shit that's happening in the world!

18 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

I love that this is a thing in heavier music lately.

I didn't realize it was! I mean, I think metal has always had the ability to turn what we take for granted inside out and critique social issues, and some bands have been more explicit about it than others, but yeah I've never really seen something like this. It actually helps me enjoy the song a lot more, especially as someone who's usually on the fence about -core because you get a glimpse of the ethos that drives the band and what makes them make music the way that they do. Then different elements of their style end up falling into place and you sort of "get it" and so the listening experience is a lot more complete. 

18 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

I didn't realize it was! I mean, I think metal has always had the ability to turn what we take for granted inside out and critique social issues, and some bands have been more explicit about it than others, but yeah I've never really seen something like this. It actually helps me enjoy the song a lot more, especially as someone who's usually on the fence about -core because you get a glimpse of the ethos that drives the band and what makes them make music the way that they do. Then different elements of their style end up falling into place and you sort of "get it" and so the listening experience is a lot more complete. 

With the failing of Capitalism, Trump/Far-Right Ideologies being pushed on the masses, Religious/State atrocities, Geopolitics and all the other crazy shit that's happening it's really seemed to take back the forefront thematically! It's awesome that it helps piece it together for you also. That's what made Thy Art Is Murder click for me, with the video for Holy War being about the blurred line between church and state, great and poignant watch. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

That's what made Thy Art Is Murder click for me, with the video for Holy War being about the blurred line between church and state, great and poignant watch. 

Just rewatched, as it seems you posted it  before because I've definitely watched the video before. Good song also... Seems I like a lot of the more deathcore stuff :D 

• Like 1

Nihilist - Severe Burns

Spoiler

Suffocation - Demise of the Clone

Spoiler

Pig Destroyer - Naked Trees

Spoiler

At the Gates - The Night Eternal (favorite one out of this bunch)

Spoiler

Let me post some more melodic stuff for a change:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1

Karg - Alles Wird in Flammen Stehen

Spoiler

Harakiri for the Sky - Calling the Rain

Spoiler

• Like 1

well, it's december, so that means it's time to annoy everyone with christmas songs! :D

• Like 2

Blessed be the dynamite :D

Spoiler

• Like 1

It's St. Nicks Day!! :D

So of course that means more christmas songs! :D 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Happy St. Nikolaus! :D

• Like 1
On 2017-11-29 at 5:48 PM, Amnesiac said: