The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

4 hours ago, Amnesiac said:

Complimentary video:

Yeah! So glad you're getting into some of their old stuff. From Wisdom to Hate is a brilliant album. :D

@SaturnOOO I’m enjoying their older stuff a lot more! It took a little longer to get into Obscura but when it clicked, holy shit! Will continue to listen, 10/10 suggestion 😋

8 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

@SaturnOOO I’m enjoying their older stuff a lot more! It took a little longer to get into Obscura but when it clicked, holy shit! Will continue to listen, 10/10 suggestion 😋

Yes!! It is in my top 5 albums of all time, without a doubt. 

9 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Yes!! It is in my top 5 albums of all time, without a doubt. 

I can totally see why! What's your other 4 if you don't mind me asking?

@Amnesiac it's a shifting entity with a few regulars, hah. I'd have to say in no particular order: 

Deathspell Omega: Si Monumentum Requieres Circumspice 

Death: Symbolic

Hades: ...Again Shall Be. This one could have the best argument against being in this list and could easily be replaced by a number of others, but a combination of sentimentality and indignation (I've ranted before,) makes it stand out for me. 

Einsturzende Neubauten: Halber Mensch (not metal... But metal af.)

Have you got a top 5 list?

@SaturnOOO Thanks! I'll be giving them all a listen at some point! 

I do, but probably a little different in sound to yours :P Also in no particular order:

Architects - All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us

Meshuggah - Obzen

Behemoth - The Satanist

Gojira - L'enfant Sauvage 

Converge - Jane Doe: Cheating a little bit here because they're more hardcore punk with metal elements but they're still probably the most extreme sounding band on my list. Also my favourite album of all time!

Shoutout to Venom Prison - Animus which with time will probably be in there too, crazy good!

I dont like the name of the song, probably woulndt like lyrics either if i read them, but i really like the sound :)

2 albums they released are imo pretty good, too bad they broke up after that or something

7 hours ago, Urishir said:

I dont like the name of the song, probably woulndt like lyrics either if i read them, but i really like the sound :)

Oh boy, I sure know this dilemma :lol:

Edited by Peinture Paix
Switching it for the full version.

This one is a classic here in Poland:

Spoiler

Btw: I've just found out that they played at Metal Female Voices Festival in Wieze last year.

• Like 2

So today I found out about this band through an ad on youtube, and I must say they're pretty good. 

Spoiler

I also realized that I knew the drummer from somewhere. He's a drummer for the band Willow Wisp, and I distinctly remember seeing them perform at a local concert bar. Stuff like this makes me realize what a small place this world can be at times.

I found this one by accident when I was going through a playlist of songs played by Tyr. Not the Faroese band, this one, though. Just a name-alike.

Spoiler

Ever had a similar experience? Lots of identically (or almost-identically)-named bands out there, after all.

@Piotrek I've had a similar experience with a joke band. When I first heard of the band Cannabis Corpse, I used to get their songs mixed up with Cannibal Corpse's songs for a short period. :lol: 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Peinture Paix said:

...I was listening to this song just after those 2 I just posted. I was a bees dick away from posting it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Una Salus Victus said:

...I was listening to this song just after those 2 I just posted. I was a bees dick away from posting it

Lol! Really? That's uncanny. This is the second time I did you a mental favor. :D 

I dunno about mental favours, but it's definitely uncanny. It's great :P

I'm in the mood for covers... 

Sabaton - Burn in Hell (Twisted Sister cover) 

Spoiler

Blind Guardian - Spread your wings (Queen cover) 

Spoiler

Enisiferum - Lady in Black (Uriah Heep cover)

Spoiler

• Like 2

@XYZ96

How about

Spoiler

or

Spoiler

and

Spoiler

• Like 2