The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

Welcome @rtlloyd98 and @CallaWolf ! 

@CallaWolf Thays cool that you've gotten into collecting non-remasters... and Death is one of my favourite bands as well!

here's a band that's like a mixture of Dragonforce and harsh vocals, I saw them live once, the line up was Troldhaugen, them, Brainstorm and Alestorm, was fun concert..

• Like 1

@XYZ96

Another worthy suggestion :)

Something from me. String instruments + femal vocals in metal? Oh, yeah \m/

Spoiler

Spoiler

...and a ballad. I really like it, even though I don't understand shit :D

Spoiler

• Like 2

edit, cant resist putting more from that ancient album (i think ive linked songs from it before as well :) )

5 hours ago, Urishir said:

edit, cant resist putting more from that ancient album (i think ive linked songs from it before as well :) )

WHAT. How have I never heard about this album?

Because its from 1996 and waltari isnt really that well known? also their other albums are different. (personally i think they are mostly good)

Enne Kristin

the weather right now...

@Urishir @SaturnOOO

Interestingly, Waltari took part in the recording of "Evankeliumi" a musical (?) featuring the young Tarja Turunen. That's how I learned about them, but I've never listened to their own stuff.

From me Vivaldi's Four Seasons metal-style

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2

Only just joined here but I think I've already found my favourite thread :evil:. 18 pages of awesome to make my way through when I get time.

Can't just drop this post without my own contribution so here's one of my favourites, because who wouldn't love a 16 minute german folk metal instrumental?

• Like 2

Awesome! Welcome @rythax! \m/

@Piotrek thanks, this is on my to listen when I get home list!

Enne Kristin

On 6/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, SaturnOOO said:

Welcome @rtlloyd98 and @CallaWolf ! 

@CallaWolf Thays cool that you've gotten into collecting non-remasters... and Death is one of my favourite bands as well!

There's something awesome hearing an album in it's original glory. When it gets a remaster, you lose a piece of the magic that comes with it, in my mind. Saying that, I don't think it's very common these days to see the three character SPARS code anymore, maybe I'm wrong, but I remember seeing that mostly on older, non remaster releases.

I got into Death about 10 years ago (crap, that makes me feel old). The musicianship on their albums is amazing and never gets old.

Made it! All 18 pages read and now my youtube watch later list is bulging with new stuff to enjoy.

Good to see a lot of bands that I didn't think would be posted here appearing. I'm used to Equilibrium being pretty unknown but given that they've been posted several times already I might have to rethink that :lol:

Here's one that is new to the thread though, never heard of them until band mate told me and now it's one of my regular listens

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rythax said:

Made it! All 18 pages read and now my youtube watch later list is bulging with new stuff to enjoy.

Nice! :D

Cool, I really haven't heard any of Moonspell's more contemporary stuff... Just their old black metal albums. It's still a nice sound though!

I have The Eletist Ones by Whitechapel stuck in my head right now. some metal bands I like are UnsraW(try Lust), Parkway Drive(try Crushed), The Amity Affliction(try Dr. Thunder), The Piass(try Kiseichuu), Meth(try By All Means), and others. 

these are who I've been listening to for the past two or three day..

I think they both might be a bit more elegant then what I usually post....

• Like 1

@Amnesiac YES!! Gorguts forever and always. Years ago when MySpace was still a thing Luc Lemay had some of his neoclassical stuff on his page and it was amazing. I haven't heard anything more of it since. I keep hoping for a full album. Negativa had some good tracks too, but they were more in line with old-school Gorguts which I imagine would be less your style. They really have a strong DsO influence in Coloured Sands, which I think they pull off amazingly. 

You let it sink again tsk tsk ;)

My latest discovery:

Spoiler

Spoiler

We did let it drop a bit, didn't we. Fear not, the keepers of the fortress will ensure it rises again!

• Like 2

Yeah! I'm going on a trip and won't be posting much in the next three weeks, but I'm looking forward to listening to everything when I get back! \m/

Just found this thread, hi everyone. Been lightly scrolling though the pages and I've only found a few mentions of my favorite 2 metal bands, Mastodon and Baroness. I'll leave this track here:

• Like 2

Welcome @sgtcactus! I believe @Amnesiac was the one who was saying Mastodon was one of his favs. I also really like Baroness. I love the sludgy southern americana atmosphere... And the album art isn't half bad either!

Some stuff in languages other than English.

Norwegian (featuring Carmen Elise Espaenas, LIve Kristine's sister)

Spoiler

Dutch (there are so many bands from the Netherlands, yet you have to look to a fairly unknown folk metal band for songs in Dutch)

Spoiler

Italian (I should probably listen to more metal in Italian, seeing as I try to learn the language)

Spoiler

• Like 3