The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

5 hours ago, Piotrek said:

@Ricchan

And, yet again, I dig the bands you suggested and intend to explore them further :) Is it just me or does the Numenor's vocalist sound a bit like Bruce Dickinson?

Omg they actually kinda do haha xD

Plus, ALL Witcher 3 music is amazing

@Ricchan

I am still to listen to the whole Witcher 3 soundtrack, but yeah, what I've heard so far is awesome.

Also, if you like Mindmaze, check out Echoes of Eternity.

@Piotrek I had to look them up but I seem to have heard some of their stuff and they're awesome :D *time to look into them more* 

@Ricchan

And speaking of sound-alikes, the voice of the guy from Sailing to Nowhere reminds me of the vocalist of Moonlight Agony. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
Silk Bones

Best song about taxes

• Like 2
Silk Bones

• Like 2

I might have missed yesterday. Heres 2 more though :P I love the first one, deffo gonna delve into them some more. Second is maybe too tame for me to love it, but I think theres some interesting stuff going on (it seems to come and go in waves) so I might look into them more. And Yes, I've just realised I sound pretentious :P 

• Like 2
Silk Bones

• Like 1
Enne Kristin

Enne Kristin

• Like 1

I can't believe I let Easter go by without posting the Ruins of Beverast. I guess cause I was on AVEN break around that time. Unlock the Shrine and Rain upon the Impure have been my Easter soundtrack for YEARS! Don't ask me why.

Enne Kristin

• Like 1

Burzum! Freaking crazy man who writes crazy good music.

• Like 1

Damn straight! lol :D Can't get enough of the guys music.

And he keeps on putting out good stuff, too! It's like come on, man, let me hate you for once!

• Like 2

Haha I know. Same goes for Mayhem and Lamb of God. Even though I haven't heard anything new from Mayhem for some time, I still go back to listen to their old stuff.

Esoteric Warfare from 2014 has shit ratings on M-A, but I actually really like the album. I'm not sure if I've posted anything from it here before. 

• Like 1

That was actually a really awesome song. I guess that it's all dependent on the listeners taste in this band. I don't know how this album got way over my head though, I'll need to binge listen for the night. Thanks for posting this!

Glad you liked! Yeah I was really pleased with this album when it came out. Ordo ad Chao too is amazing. And hah... this is the first time I've seen a post of yours on desktop (my computer usually can't handle this thread.) Fellow INFP Leo here! Whatever that means :P

Ah yes! I agree, Ordo ad Chao was really good. Along with De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas too. And yeah I get that, the videos do take up quite a lot of space, but at least it's for a good cause. :D Haha introversion, intuitive, feeling, and perception. So you're also a mediator type? And I'll take a wild guess that your birthday also falls somewhere late in July?

July 30 :D

And yeah, those are my two favourite Mayhem albums for sure!

Edit: not sure if you were aware they recently did a tour where the set list was just the entire De Mysteriis album? I saw the show here a few months ago, though the dumb crowd in my city made it less enjoyable than it could have been <_<

:o Mine is on July 30th as well! Happy early birthday in advance heh. 

....Wow I really hate myself then, I wasn't aware of this at all lol. The last time I was very adamant in listening to them was about two years ago. Then I went back to listening to Melo-Death for a while. I completely understand the crowd situation though. The people can be major buzzkills depending on who you're around during the show. Especially in smaller venues, like in bars and what not. If I may ask, what did they to ruined your experience?