SaturnOOO

Continuing with my earlier theme of multiple languages:

In Finnish:

Spoiler

In Danish (have we had anything in Danish yet?) :

Spoiler

In Polish:

Spoiler

(Closterkeller are a veritable "gothic metal" icon in Poland, having started in the early 90s and spawned lots of imitators. This is their greatest hit)

• Like 1

samurais, from Finland anyone :P ...

I first came across this band if I remember right a few years back from a youtube ad for their at the time newest album (notsure what album that was).... 

• Like 2
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

On 4/10/2017 at 9:30 AM, Piotrek said:

So that's what a Viking metal funeral dirge sounds like. I like it :) The 2nd video is unavailable to me.

I came across Amon Amarth 5 years ago along with Arch Enemy through Pandora, how I found Arch Enemy was just seeing a hoodie and asked the person about them. I did not know what I was going to find when I listened to Arch Enemy but I love them AND Amon Amarth.

This thread can't go any further without Therion 8)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ValkyrieMoon

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this site and this is my first post.  Of course I do a search for metal, first thing! It's so nice to see this exists. My favorite metal is black, viking, death, basically anything that comes out of Scandinavia and other European countries. It's so cool to meet everyone! \m/

• Like 2

Hi @ValkyrieMoon

Cool that you chose this thread for your first post on AVEN. You'll find lots of Scandinavian metal here :)

• Like 1

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

one of my ultimate favourites when it comes to metal.

@XYZ96 Interesting, though there weren't that many Japanese elements in those two songs music-wise (I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics :) ).

My last discovery:

Spoiler

and, on the other hand, a return to the past. I re-visitied some old Rhapsody tracks :)

Spoiler

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I'm also in love with this song.

• Like 1

It should just automatically do it now when you paste the link, if not, delete it and try again, that usually works for me.

• Like 1

I don't think there's been any Sabaton for a few weeks so here's a Sabaton song....  

• Like 1

Aw man so happy to see this Fortress was well guarded in my absence. Special thanks to @Piotrek for ensuring it didn't sink into obscurity! Welcome newbies! @ValkyrieMoon it may just be an OS issue if it doesn't automatically embed. I can't post videos on my computer; I have to be on mobile to do it. I'm not good with that kind of stuff, but the folks at Site Comments are very helpful!

On 2017-04-09 at 2:25 PM, UVB-76 said:

is post rock/post metal/sludge/whatever is it actually called allowed in this thread?

Yes cause I like it :P 

I gotta listen to everyone's new contributions now. Saw some good ones while scanning.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ValkyrieMoon said:

Vortex's clean vocals are so magical.

Truth. Good song too. :D

• Like 1

@ValkyrieMoon

I've only heard one or two tracks by Borknagar before. I liked this one :)

@XYZ96

Somehow I never got to listening the Swedish-language songs by Sabaton. Catchy as usual :) Thanks for sharing

EDIT:

Classical music references in metal rule:

Spoiler

I was going to post a single song off this album, but it's definitely one to be heard as a whole body of work! 

19 hours ago, ValkyrieMoon said:

@Amnesiac  I can't even figure out how to delete it! such a noob. 

Just post the link and it should automatically open to the video, or click edit and the link copy it repaste it and see if it opens it.

Still no music to share as I'm distracted by other stuff, but just wanted to say I did really well on the probably the hardest final exam I've ever taken and I'm 100% convinced that part of it is due to my listening to my fight music all morning before the test: Death's Symbolic. That album feeds me with the power!

• Like 1

Hi! \m/ \m/

New here, sharing a fantastic young band ^_^

• Like 1

I can't remember if I shared either of these :

• Like 1