The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

Heard this cover on the radio and took me ages to hunt it down. I don't really listen to type o negative at all but this cover by some random Finnish band just grabbed me. 

• Like 1
Lilihierax

They do the apocalyptic-biblical-doom sound so fucking well.

• Like 1
Piotrek

Piotrek

@Lilihierax That's impressive :) I think I may have heard one or two songs by them, but I can't remember them at all, just the band's name.

While I'm mulling over which AE album to buy next...

• Like 1

Opinions about Hanabie. and metalcore?  I'm interested to hear other metalhead opinions 😅

9 hours ago, Lilihierax said:

Opinions about Hanabie. and metalcore?  I'm interested to hear other metalhead opinions 😅

I'm not a fan of the high pitched voices, but musically this is a solid song. Would probably go hard live

OptimisticPessimist

I don't know why i haven't posted here before. I listen to a lot of symphonic metal, espeically Within Temptation. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, FJO8 said:

I'm not a fan of the high pitched voices, but musically this is a solid song. Would probably go hard live

I agree. Take away the anime voices, and the song would be perfect. But I tolerate it for the rest of the music

• Like 1

Had my first listen to Black Metal from the 90s, found the first band called Mayhem, crazy and quite dark history researching it.

• Like 1
On 4/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, Janus the Fox said:

Had my first listen to Black Metal from the 90s, found the first band called Mayhem, crazy and quite dark history researching it.

Never listened to Mayhem, but yeah, the Euronymous case is a doozy. The whole scene seemed bent on creating as much controversy as possible and, occassionaly letting their antisocial tendencies loose.

15 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@KVA1983 I like Nightwish, i think they are best with Tarja, though i still like other singers too. 

I've recently bought "Decades: Live in Buenos Aires" with Floor singing a bunch of Tarja's and Anette's songs. Fun :) 

@KVA1983 Do you know Tarja is currently touring with Marko Hietala? :)  

• Like 2
On 4/16/2024 at 3:25 PM, Piotrek said:

Do you know Tarja is currently touring with Marko Hietala? :)  

Seriously! Omg I love him, funny enough I was listening to Northern Kings quite recently. Plus I need to start going back to Download and Bloodstock haven't been in ages!

• Like 1