The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

@Peinture Paix

Did you manage to find the English translation of their lyrics/use Google translate or can you understand Polish?

2 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

@Peinture Paix

Did you manage to find the English translation of their lyrics/use Google translate or can you understand Polish?

I managed to find the English translation and used a bit of google translate too :lol: I understand very few Polish words, but not enough to be conversational, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Β 

From the latest release by Leaves' Eyes, "Sign of the Dragonhead", recorded with the new vocalist, Elina Siirala.

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

Β 

@Una Salus Victus

I was just going to post songs from the latest album by Heidevolk :D Vuur van Verzet was released on Jan 12 and I like it after just one "spin" (if Spotify allows you that :D ) My favourite so far is "Yngwaz' zonen" as the most characteristic IMO, but others will no doubt catch my attention in due time. UNfortunately, no links to individual songs on YT available yet.

Β 

I’ve never been able to get into Agalloch as much as most people despite wanting to love them,Β but "In the Shadow of our Pale Companion" is a damn fine song.

Β 

"If this grandΒ panorama before me is what you call God, then God is not dead."

• Like 3

I'll post videos when I have more time, but lately I've been listening to a lot of 5 Finger Death Punch, Avenged Sevenfold, and the Metal Essentials playlist on Spotify.

• Like 1

Β 

• Like 2
On 2018-01-16 at 4:45 PM, Vlakorados said:

I've always been interested in them, but this is their first album I actually love.

I used to follow the blog of this guy who mainly did album reviews because he had similar particularities in music taste to me. He was really into Botanist and I never really understood why. Maybe I need to revisit. That song is definitely interesting.

13 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

I used to follow the blog of this guy who mainly did album reviews because he had similar particularities in music taste to me. He was really into Botanist and I never really understood why. Maybe I need to revisit. That song is definitely interesting.

The main difference between this album an the previous ones is that this time Otrebor had a full band, instead of doing everything on his own. I guess that's why it feels more complete.

Β 

@Spotastic

Cool song. The videoclip was shot in Poland at a reconstructed settlement in Wolin (you can see the gates and the palisade). There's an annual Vikings-and-Slavs themed re-enactment event taking place there every August. I've been to one.

• Like 1

@PiotrekΒ That sounds like it would be pretty awesome to see. My wife's ancestors go back to Vikings and mine go back to Slavs (among other things), so it would be interesting on multiple levels.Β :D

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread I mentionedΒ  "Ingwaz' Zonen" from the latest Heidevolk album. More of a sea shanty than a metal song. Hypotising. I could listen to it on repeat.:D

Spoiler

Β 

@Una Salus Victus

• Like 1

Β 

• Like 1

An old classic that's been staring at me on youtube all night:
Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

After almost a year, here comes another Appalachian WInter-themed post just to remind people how awesome this project is :D If you're into Summoning and Moonsorrow, check it out!

Spoiler

Β 

Β 

@SaturnOOO

• Like 2