The Metalhead Fortress

SaturnOOO

Because metalheads don't bother with corners; they claim fortresses.

Post your metal thoughts/ rants/ recommendations whatever you want here. I know there are at least a few of you other than me around these parts. Much throwing of horns awaits you. 

\m/ \m/

• Like 15

Wooo Metal!! My favorite flavor of metal...Power and Symphonic FTW! \m/ \m/

Too many awesome bands to mention, but I'll mention a few of my top favorites: Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of Fire, Edguy, Epica, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Within Tempation, Nightwish, Kamelot, Avantasia, Sonata Arctica, Power Quest, DragonForce, and some of the more well known, such as Dio, Judas Priest, Megadeth, and Metallica.

• Like 7

@Antihero.! Just the person I wanted to see, actually. I have a question for you (and all other self-professed lovers of the pagan/viking genres:

The band Hades: What is your opinion?

And before you answer, I'll give you mine. I've held firmly to this opinion for almost 15 years, so I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a rant.

Hades released ...Again Shall Be in 1994 for Pete's sake, and it's TO DATE, and I'm not even exaggerating here, one of the best damn Pagan/Viking black metal albums ever released. And yet I've found this band has been completely overlooked by both the "trve Norwegian black metal" scene AND the Pagan/Viking scenes. Why??

And: thanks for starting off this thread! I haven't listened to Falkenbach in YEARS!!

Whoops! Missed your post @Starscream

Super glad you stopped by because otherwise this thread would probably have an underrepresentation of power metal tbh. Feel free to post your favourite songs or anything else any time you're feeling particularly METAL! \m/

• Like 1

THEME SONG!! :D

• Like 1

Gotta have a bit of Meshuggah in here ;)

And for something a bit more "formulaic" (Couldn't think of a better word)

• Like 2

@Amnesiac Welcome to the fortress! \m/ I love Meshuggah and Obzen is a great album :D

2 minutes ago, Amnesiac said:

And for something a bit more "formulaic" (Couldn't think of a better word)

"Nuclear Blast"? :lol: (Sorry, had to.)

Just now, SaturnOOO said:

@Amnesiac Welcome to the fortress! \m/ I love Meshuggah and Obzen is a great album :D

"Nuclear Blast"? :lol: (Sorry, had to.)

They're not very subtle with advertising their label at all :P 

• Like 1
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I'm 10000% a metal head, here is one of the many songs I love by Amon Amarth.

• Like 3

Since I'm the only one who hasn't posted a song yet and I went on a rant about Hades earlier, here's a song from their (1994, people!) album ...Again Shall Be:

• Like 1

All right, metal! Definitely my favourite music. Mostly power metal for me, though I do like other stuff from time to time. Favourites include Avantasia, Kamelot, Dio, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear, Edguy, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Subway to Sally, Demons and Wizards, Domine, and Slough Feg.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SaturnOOO said:

Yeah! Good to see you here @Shieldmaiden WinterDragon!

\m/:D\m/

Edit: Oh and @Remmirath as well! Another power metaller!

If I knew this thread was here I would have posted all my threads here, I'm glad I found it.

Just now, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

If I knew this thread was here I would have posted all my threads here, I'm glad I found it.

I just started it because I was looking pages and pages back for a metal thread and was shocked when I couldn't find one.

• Like 1
Just now, SaturnOOO said:

I just started it because I was looking pages and pages back for a metal thread and was shocked when I couldn't find one.

I have one dedicated to AMON AMARTH :P

I have one dedicated to AMON AMARTH :P

Oooh yes I did see that actually! Well Amon Amarth is welcome here :D

I also love Arch Enemy

This song I love as I got revenge on a former co-worker for spreading rumors.

• Like 2

I'm working on my novel right now, so if you guys just keep posting videos, I'll never run out of soundtrack! :lol:

(I'll contribute some too.)

And if you have twelve minutes....

I've never been a big melodeath fan, but I saw Arch Enemy back when they had Angela Gossow and they really knew how to put on a great show. Plus Angela was badass ^_^ They were professionals, no doubt about it. I also knew Alissa back in my Montreal days, when she sang for the Agonist.

Edit: Whoops, I keep getting ninja'd haha. I need to quote. That was for @Shieldmaiden WinterDragon

And welcome to the fortress, @Starfall! :lol: Yep, these threads are great soundtracks!

• Like 2

I've never been a big melodeath fan, but I saw Arch Enemy back when they had Angela Gossow and they really knew how to put on a great show. Plus Angela was badass ^_^ They were professionals, no doubt about it. I also knew Alissa back in my Montreal days, when she sang for the Agonist.

Angela now works  Behind scenes with the band.

1 minute ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

Angela now works  Behind scenes with the band.

Ah, cool I didn't know that. Do you know why she retired from singing?

Ah, cool I didn't know that. Do you know why she retired from singing?

She never said, I think she just wanted to. The band never clearly specified why she decided to stop singing.

She never said, I think she just wanted to. The band never clearly specified why she decided to stop singing.

I guess it couldn't have been anything too bad, if she's still on good terms with the band.

Just thought I'd contribute two of my favourite bands before going to bed. 

I was going to post some Type O Negative, but I didn't want to set myself off :P 

• Like 3

• Like 2

I have many Amon Amarth albums, 2 by Arch Enemy, and 1 by WOLFHEART Winterborn (of course). I was told to check out Arch Enemy, I did and loved them. Not knowing it was a chick screaming her head off which only made my love the band more. I then made a Pandora account and also came across Amon Amarth, and other Nordic bands. I now listen to mostly Nordic bands, most likely because I am part Swedish :P

• Like 1

Not everyone knows this, but there has been some superb black metal come out of Sweden. I definitely see it as distinct from the Norwegian scene, and it kind of hit its zenith later, in the mid-2000s. See: Svartsyn.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

Not everyone knows this, but there has been some superb black metal come out of Sweden. I definitely see it as distinct from the Norwegian scene, and it kind of hit its zenith later, in the mid-2000s. See: Svartsyn.

Hide contents

I never came across this band before O_o they're good.

• Like 1