a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

14 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

And ofcourse they are out of stock in the size i wan't. So either wait or go for a-cup. According to what i have read is that with my body type i should go for a c-cup apparently. But people here say that a a-cup is the way to go. So what to do what to do.

It's not only about body type. It's about what feels comfortable to you too. Have you tried how the different sizes feel to you?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Daveb you look amazing!

Kimmie have you tried to find them online??

Well it is the place that you showed me that i was planing to buy from this friday. But when i look today they only had a-cup still in stock. I have send a email to them so i will see.

1 minute ago, miau said:

It's not only about body type. It's about what feels comfortable to you too. Have you tried how the different sizes feel to you?

Actually a -cups could work to start with. And if they feel wrong i could get bigger later. I use a top with pockets for the them so could i put the pads in with something behind them instead?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

Actually a -cups could work to start with. And if they feel wrong i could get bigger later. I use a top with pockets for the them so could i put the pads in with something behind them instead?

I miss my A-cups. I could even settle for B. But that time is sadly long gone.

It's a nice start, I think. Although I'm not sure how comfy it would be to stick something behind them. They do sell bra pads though, which can be a cheap option to upgrade the As. Most of my sports bras have the pockets you mention, with pads in them, which I in contrast to you mostly remove on the spot. :)

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, miau said:

I miss my A-cups. I could even settle for B. But that time is sadly long gone.

It's a nice start, I think. Although I'm not sure how comfy it would be to stick something behind them. They do sell bra pads though, which can be a cheap option to upgrade the As. Most of my sports bras have the pockets you mention, with pads in them, which I in contrast to you mostly remove on the spot. :)

Thanks for the tips:)

• Like 3
On 5/22/2017 at 9:37 PM, SkyWorld said:

Okay, so there's a lot I do not like about myself. :mellow: But I have been trying to love myself more. My hair for example. I usually always straighten my hair because I can't stand it curly and there's not much I can do with it, especially with it short. Which is a problem, because I really like my hair short. Though, I've been trying to accept this more about myself and embrace my naturally curly hair. I've been planning on getting another haircut, something kind of like an undercut and I think that would look really cool with my hair. I think that may also help me love my hair in its natural state.

Well, I've done it. I'm actually kind of digging it. :'D

Spoiler

g5TnZEI.jpg

Now that I think of it, I don't recall ever sharing a picture of myself with my curly hair.

And you know what? Maybe I really can rock makeup. When wearing stage makeup, I always thought it looked kind of weird on me. But maybe... I'll give it a chance and see how it goes.

• Like 11
butterflydreams
6 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

And ofcourse they are out of stock in the size i wan't. So either wait or go for a-cup. According to what i have read is that with my body type i should go for a c-cup apparently. But people here say that a a-cup is the way to go. So what to do what to do.

Starting smaller isn't going to hurt you. That's what I would do, personally. When I already had naturally b-cup boobs for a few months when I decided to try my first push-up bra. Woah! It's fine when things are growing gradually, but whenever you do something that makes things instantly bigger, it can be a little crazy at first.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SkyWorld said:

Maybe I really can rock makeup.

Looking at your face I would say you definitely can. :)

• Like 5
butterflydreams

@SkyWorld, I missed your post because I was quoting the previous page, but you look great. The whole look works! I love the hair!

I was brushing my hair before getting into bed tonight and I realized something. I've been really afraid that maybe HRT wasn't helping my depression and "omg, what if I'm not really trans?!" But I hadn't stopped to consider that everything else transitioning has brought me, I've never once regretted. I can barely imagine myself before this. It truly is as though I always was this way. My hair is mine. My boobs are mine. The way my face has changed, mine. This me is really me. I look at myself every single day in the mirror now. But to think that none of it, none of it is regrettable to me...that's amazing. So I still have depression...so what? Lots of people do, and despite what some people try to push on me, transition isn't a magic pill that should make me universally happy about my life. Transitioning is hard. I have plenty of circumstances to create depression. 

But this body is more mine now than it's ever been. If I ever had to revert back, it would be incredibly distressing.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, Hadley167 said:

Starting smaller isn't going to hurt you. That's what I would do, personally. When I already had naturally b-cup boobs for a few months when I decided to try my first push-up bra. Woah! It's fine when things are growing gradually, but whenever you do something that makes things instantly bigger, it can be a little crazy at first.

Thanks for the help.  Yeah that is probably what I should do. I just wish I had real once. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

Well it is the place that you showed me that i was planing to buy from this friday. But when i look today they only had a-cup still in stock. I have send a email to them so i will see.

I got a answer from them and they actually got a pair in stock. And I asked if they would fit in the top I bought from them.  So I am waiting for a answer on that. 

• Like 4

Wow i just spam this thread:P 

I just orderd my first breast forms in silicon a-cups 160gramms:)

• Like 7
Mezzo Forte

Don't know if I'm at the point where I'm supposed to stop counting by month, but I'm 13 months on T today. :) 

• Like 6
butterflydreams
28 minutes ago, Mezzo Forte said:

Don't know if I'm at the point where I'm supposed to stop counting by month, but I'm 13 months on T today. :) 

Never?

Do you find that the amount of time seems longer or shorter than it actually is?

• Like 5
Mezzo Forte
1 hour ago, Hadley167 said:

Never?

Do you find that the amount of time seems longer or shorter than it actually is?

Good to know. :) 

It's hard to say. Months 1-3 were painfully slow, but the insanity from month 4 onwards made everything move so fast. There's times where it doesn't even feel real. Like I could wake up any second and be back in my pre-T form. On the other hand though, it feels like I've always been this way, that I can take being male for granted. Regardless, it just feels right, and I'm looking forward to seeing how my facial hair develops during year 2! :) 

• Like 7
Mezzo Forte

I should probably also mention how amazing it is having zero chest dysphoria right now. I don't even care that I'm wearing compression or that I have swelling going on. It blows my mind. I can even wear T-shirts now. Worth every second of being in T-Rex mode, not being able to raise my arms. :) 

• Like 11
butterflydreams

@Mezzo Forte, that's so awesome. I'm very happy for you <3

• Like 7

Trying to see if I can get a better picture (size) - they don't make it easy!)

Spoiler

34698643741_471d512138_c.jpg

34698655971_ea45e501d7_c.jpg

(now, if I can just remember the convoluted steps next time!) :P

(and I finally figured out how to insert images from my google photos as well)

• Like 15

@daveb you just look so beautiful!! And confident. 

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, daveb said:

Hide contents

Oh my goodness, I want to make these pics the wallpaper for my phone or something! 😍😭 That's our daveb!!! 

• Like 5
Gentle Giant

@daveb Glad you were able to resize and make the picture quality better, the other way did not do you justice! Those pictures of you are beautiful!

• Like 6

OK, now I'm just showing off! :lol:

(got some pictures a friend there took with a good camera)

Spoiler

YBdUMRFxqDH3H_FBOqweFoudKobHPCukJNcLClXy

uycDAWWM2Z996QsCDp4hThT38w-cglwM2TH3ZJki

gkDp1Haq7pHOzQTLbpZjZFPfpwqYusskmYhft_b4

• Like 6
butterflydreams
14 hours ago, daveb said:

Reveal hidden contents

Absolutely stunning. You are beautiful <3

• Like 5

I just ordered a pair of wedge sneakers i just hope that they will fit. Because eu42 was the biggest size they had for any womens shoe and that is the size i usually have in mens shoes.

And i got a dress to:)

AN611SA15-Q11@12.jpg

TW421CA1U-C11@10.jpg    

• Like 11
butterflydreams

@Kimmie. those sneakers are cute! I don't know how European sizing works for shoes, but in the US, the equivalently dimensioned women's shoe is typically two sizes greater than the men's shoe. So if you wear a size 10 in men's, you'd probably need to look at women's shoes around a size 12. That's about where I normally land. It makes finding shoes a little difficult, but some styles actually work for me in smaller sizes, like 11, or even 10 sometimes.

A positive interaction I had yesterday with a long time coworker. We were talking about how another coworker was really slaying it on Tinder or something, but that for other people we knew, it wasn't working at all. I mentioned it wasn't working for me at all. My coworker hesitated a bit and I kind of finished the thought, "you know, because of ..." And he kind of exclaimed, "oh yeah, right...this might seem weird, but I honestly forget sometimes. You just are, and it's like you've always been."

That was a kind of nice endorsement of where I'm at with someone who's known me both pre and post transition. He's also mentioned to me before that he's amazed at how much I've grown into this person that I am now, and how natural and effortless it seems. He works with the most staff in the company, and right now, many of them are new. He's adamant that most of them probably don't suspect anything about me, and they just take me for who I am. I've met most of them in person, and based on handshakes, even I'm inclined to agree.

I really need these kinds of positive things right now. Had to force myself out of bed this evening to eat something. Can't not eat two nights in a week. So many tears :/

• Like 10

Thanks, @Hadley167 (I'll tell you a secret - I had help. A professional makeup artist who does makeovers for people like me did my makeup that afternoon.)

Nice shoes and dress, @Kimmie.. I think they would make a good outfit together.

I could be wrong, but I think men's and women's shoes sizes in the European system are identical. Unlike our silly US system. :P

• Like 5