a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Janus the Fox

On HRT, I know I can feel the slightest bit of cold, as through losing fat, muscle and thinning skin. Β I’d often need to wear two jumpers as well as my bra, thermal vest, T-shirt then coat when outside.

• Like 1
nickolekuebler
11 hours ago, Richard Leaney said:

My partner is the same. When she started on HRT she definitely noticed the reduction in muscle mass, plus she really feels the cold.

I have always been a cold weather person anyways so I did not notice a difference there. I do see it more now the drop in muscle mass, I think for me it took a while longer to notice it cause I was exercising every night. I will say though that I notice from my other friends that are on hrt as well that I have been on it longer but still have more muscle mass. also all of the exercise plays hell with my testosterone blockers, I still am battling having too much t.Β 

• Like 2

This is a silly one, but: I studied my face in the mirror yesterday and noticed for the first time that I do, in fact, have just a little bit of fuzz all along my jawline. But the hairs are so small and light that nobody is going to notice them unless they get right up in my face. I've always wished that I could grow facial hair, so, as silly as it is, I find it somewhat comforting to know that I technically do have a beard? (And the fact that it's so hard to notice means that I don't have to do any real maintenance on it, which I guess is kinda nice)

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
nickolekuebler

I think this probably sounds kind of crazy but something that made me feel a little bit of euphoria this weekend is that I got electrolysis last weekend. after getting it done I was being lazy about shaving for a few days, I went for more that a week without shaving and you still could not notice my facial hair without being really close to me and looking for it. feels good to know that the electrolysis is working so well. and another plus side is that I have finally gotten the va to start covering it for me.Β 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, nickolekuebler said:

I think this probably sounds kind of crazy but something that made me feel a little bit of euphoria this weekend is that I got electrolysis last weekend. after getting it done I was being lazy about shaving for a few days, I went for more that a week without shaving and you still could not notice my facial hair without being really close to me and looking for it. feels good to know that the electrolysis is working so well. and another plus side is that I have finally gotten the va to start covering it for me.Β 

Yay!

• Like 1

I have an online support group for trans and nonbinary folks that meets twice a month, and honestly sometimes I’m still kind of intimidated beforehand, or worried about my presentation. Every time though, I just feel so much better after simply spending some time talking with and seeing the faces of other trans people, it really gives me such nice energy!

• Like 4
nickolekuebler

I know that this is not inherently gender related, but this made me feel pretty good. I was at the Coyotes game last night for their military appreciation night, I was asked as part of the warrior hockey to go on the ice in the first intermission to participate in a mock shootout. I felt really great going out there and doing that because it is a great organization that I am part of. I noticed though that before we took the ice some of the coyotes employees that I have known for a while were down there to wish us luck. they were so kind and reassuring with me and just treat me like any other woman and it felt great. I have already legally changed my name so I know they wont announce my dead name but the way they were about everything was so great. also the warrior hockey organization has been very wonderful. i am an open trans woman and they do not treat me any differently because of it.Β 

Β 

I just came back from Vegas with the warrior hockey for the armed services hockey tournament, I love going down there for that cause not only is my team great but all of the other veterans that I have met down there have been so great and accepting. this makes me feel so proud because when I was still serving I found it to be the exact opposite with the people that I served with. I still have some troubles with the way people treat me when I go to the va.Β 

• Like 5
nickolekuebler

I forgot to post this earlier, the other day I got my new birth certificate. I got them to change it and put an x for the sex. I am so happy that Michigan will do that cause Arizona will not.Β 

• Like 4

I haven’t been able to get a haircut recently, so I’ve been styling my overgrown hair kinda like this and I don’t know,Β something about it’s very gender.Β 

Spoiler

batch_batch_Popular-Asian-Haircuts-For-M

Β 

• Like 3

I came out to some very close friends of mine tonight, the first non-community people I’m out to other than my partner!

Β 

I was an absolute disaster about it and took a long time to get to the point, but I did it, and they were very supportive, and then I ran away.

• Like 3
nickolekuebler
On 11/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, Tetus said:

I came out to some very close friends of mine tonight, the first non-community people I’m out to other than my partner!

Β 

I was an absolute disaster about it and took a long time to get to the point, but I did it, and they were very supportive, and then I ran away.

I'm so happy for you!!! It takes a lot to come out to someone, even if you know that they will accept you.Β 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

In the midst of a terrible work trip and upcoming travel to visit my partner's family where I won't be able to be myself, my partner and I went out to dinner last night for the first time with me presenting fem (I've been out before with other trans folks). At her suggestion, I went with an actual dress and everything, which made it also my first time out in a dress!

Β 

It was scary and amazing and kind of overwhelming, but a big milestone for me!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Solstetus said:

In the midst of a terrible work trip and upcoming travel to visit my partner's family where I won't be able to be myself, my partner and I went out to dinner last night for the first time with me presenting fem (I've been out before with other trans folks). At her suggestion, I went with an actual dress and everything, which made it also my first time out in a dress!

Β 

It was scary and amazing and kind of overwhelming, but a big milestone for me!

Yay! I bet you looked fabulous. :DΒ 

Β 

Β 

Edited by daveb
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
Purple Red Panda

I had my first gender assessment meeting yesterday and it went really well. I felt I was listened to and taken seriously. They want to have another follow up meeting for the diagnosis but are more than happy to refer me to an endocrinologist with a view to start hormone therapy πŸ’œπŸ³β€βš§

• Like 5
On 3/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, Purple Red Panda said:

I had my first gender assessment meeting yesterday and it went really well. I felt I was listened to and taken seriously. They want to have another follow up meeting for the diagnosis but are more than happy to refer me to an endocrinologist with a view to start hormone therapy πŸ’œπŸ³β€βš§

πŸŽ‰Β πŸŽ‰Β πŸŽ‰Β πŸŽ‰Β πŸŽ‰

• Like 3
Typhoon

Now that I've realised that I'm actually non-binary I feel so much better about myself. At first I was only agender but I was actually being cis-genderless and that was really messing with my brain. Being agender helped me make sense of how I felt about gender. Being non-binary makes me happy! Β 

• Like 4