a gender positive thread

butterflydreams

Mezzo Forte
11 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

suddenly I am angery at u

/only 172 cm

My tall friends used to tell me that there's perks to being shorter though. A lot of them have stories of constantly smacking into showerheads when they bathe and how you have to watch for low passageways. Plus, airplanes are already cramped enough, so longer legs can make that even worse. 

One perk of just being more travel-sized in general is that it makes cramped percussion setups in orchestral/theatre pits far easier to work with, as I can often slide between instruments without messing up my setup, and the only thing that ever got in the way (my 3.5ft of hair) is no longer an issue. :P 

2 minutes ago, ~Syl~ said:

Damn it.

I'm 160 cm (5'3")

Just shy of that myself, actually.

I'm 158cm (5'2.5")

• Like 5
ItWasNiceKnowingYou

even though i don't like shopping, i feel great walking through both the women's and men's section of stores......... BECAUSE MY GENDER ISN'T DEFINED BY YOUR SOCIETAL STANDARDS!!!!!!!!! i've confused a number of cashiers in my short lifetime *walks out of stores with dude jeans & a jacket with no sense of shame*

• Like 13
J. van Deijck

only? :D you're still taller than my sister :P my height in centimeters is almost 180 cm and I'm happy for that. *one of the very few good things about my disorder*

• Like 2
Just now, Mezzo Forte said:

Just shy of that myself, actually.

I'm 158cm (5'2.5")

I'm actually happy to say I'm tall for my family. My sister is almost 17 and 4'5", and my mother is 5'2". My partner is cis male and 5'4" so....my frail masculinity remains unshattered.

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

even though i don't like shopping, i feel great walking through both the women's and men's section of stores......... BECAUSE MY GENDER ISN'T DEFINED BY YOUR SOCIETAL STANDARDS!!!!!!!!! i've confused a number of cashiers in my short lifetime *walks out of stores with dude jeans & a jacket with no sense of shame*

I do the same sometimes. to me clothes have no gender, even though my gender identity is definitely male.

• Like 4
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
Just now, UVB-76 said:

I do the same sometimes. to me clothes have no gender, even though my gender identity is definitely male.

Jonas you can make a hole-filled trashbag look cute af

• Like 4
Mezzo Forte
Just now, ~Syl~ said:

I'm actually happy to say I'm tall for my family. My sister is almost 17 and 4'5", and my mother is 5'2". My partner is cis male and 5'4" so....my frail masculinity remains unshattered.

Nice, my family isn't that tall, but I'm short even by those standards. My brother is unusually tall though (over 6'), so I certainly look odd next to him, especially since my nephew is already taller than me and my niece might end up taller too.

I learned that my growth plates were closed by the time when I discovered my scoliosis at age 14, so I had time to make peace with my height. Plus, it makes my percussion playing appear more acrobatic :P 

(That said, I feel damn lucky that I have small hips, since the only thing that makes them look effeminate at all is how the scoliosis messed with how they sit.)

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

^ THIS :D:D

13 minutes ago, Jayce said:

I'm only 5~6 

Everything about my body is fabulous.

I'm 5'5 ;)

But every character I cosplay is canonically at least 5 inches taller than me LOL. (Hiccup and Flynn Rider, I'm looking at you two amazing people) 

I have small breasts and small hips, so even though people in every day life still address me by the feminine standards, I don't feel any connection to the words at all. 

I could cosplay Rapunzel if I wanted to... but eh, as much as I like Tangled, I feel more drawn towards Hiccup etc..

• Like 4
Mezzo Forte
6 minutes ago, Toothlesss said:

I could cosplay Rapunzel if I wanted to... but eh, as much as I like Tangled, I feel more drawn towards Hiccup etc..

When I had long hair, I had half a mind to cosplay her, but would have much preferred to do a crossplay as dude Rapunzel to get around the whole "wearing a dress" thing. I never could find good cosplay options for dudes with crazy long blond hair though. Closest I could find was Zero from Mega Man X. Now that my hair's shorter, I'm thinking that I'd like to cosplay as Guybrush Threepwood or Green Arrow; I just need to work on that facial hair a bit first :P 

• Like 3
Just now, Mezzo Forte said:

When I had long hair, I had half a mind to cosplay her,

Honestly, even when I thought I was cis- I'd want to do her with the short hairstyle. The long hair just- way to complicated for me to figure out. 

Even now I could probably pull it off if I wanted to by just messing with my bangs/fringe, but eh... These days I'd rather go for male characters- female characters just don't feel right to cosplay in anymore. 

• Like 2

I like my grey eyes and my ashy straight blond hair. I don't like when my hair are to long especialy my bangs. I must wear my glasses all the time and it is anoying when my bangs cover my eyes. My glasses is other thing that i like about myself. 

• Like 3
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
3 minutes ago, mari123 said:

I like my grey eyes and my ashy straight blond hair. I don't like when my hair are to long especialy my bangs. I must wear my glasses all the time and it is anoying when my bangs cover my eyes. My glasses is other thing that i like about myself. 

by no means am i trying to sound weird.....which usually does not work but i try........... YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is all ^_^

now i will go away and pretend like i did not just awkwardly compliment a random stranger who probably thinks i'm a weirdo now :/

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
40 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Jonas you can make a hole-filled trashbag look cute af

:blush: that's a compliment :blush: :3

J. van Deijck
Just now, SimplyAce said:

by no means am i try to sound weird.....which usually does not work but i try........... YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is all ^_^

now i will go away and pretend like i did not just awkwardly compliment a random stranger who probably thinks i'm a weirdo now :/

but we know you're cute, so what :3 *hugs*

• Like 1
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
1 minute ago, UVB-76 said:

:blush: that's a compliment :blush: :3

:blush: sorry for being awkward

and no i am in no way 'cute'

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

:blush: sorry for being awkward

nah it's cute. :3 *hugs*

• Like 1

Well, I guess I like my hair. It tends to be a frizzy mess, but when I have the patience to slather conditioner through it and brush it until all the tangles are out, it actually looks pretty nice. It goes a couple inches past my shoulders and I recently got a pink streak in it. Even though it makes me look a lot more like a girl than I'd look with short hair, I still fucking love it.

That has been my contribution to this thread. If I am needed, you can find me deep within Undertale hell. Peace.

• Like 1
ItWasNiceKnowingYou
Just now, UVB-76 said:

nah it's cute. :3 *hugs*

i'm not cute!! *hides under a blanket*

• Like 1
Just now, SimplyAce said:

by no means am i try to sound weird.....which usually does not work but i try........... YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!! That is all ^_^

Owwww that's so sweet and NOOO you are not weirdo at all :D  I was in shock when I saw this replay. It is so hard to find something that I like about myself and I'm so greatful that someone say something like this about me.  

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
5 minutes ago, mari123 said:

Owwww that's so sweet and NOOO you are not weirdo at all :D  I was in shock when I saw this replay. It is so hard to find something that I like about myself and I'm so greatful that someone say something like this about me.  

well you are gorgeous as you are ^_^:blush:

Just now, CakeSpadeAce said:

yes you are :3 

nuuuu *hides further*

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

well you are gorgeous as you are ^_^:blush:

*hugssss so much* you are so sweet thank you ^_^

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
38 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

i'm not cute!! *hides under a blanket*

I know better right? :3 *hugs*

• Like 1
Arvid of Rivendell

I like my eyes - I like the color, even though they're just brown, and how expressive they are. I like how I look in a beanie and a button-up or leather jacket. My hair color and texture is nice, and I'm happy with it short (I still want it to be shorter, though). I like that (at least, according to my mom) I'm hairy - it helps me feel more masculine.

And now, I'll go back to lurking on threads. :)

• Like 4
The-world-is-quiet-here

Ooh, I forgot to mention: I also really like my fingernails. They're somewhat long, but I don't consider them inherently feminine. They just look nice and help me pick stuff up. :) 

• Like 1
butterflydreams

This thread has turned out really great! Thank you all for contributing <3

• Like 9
Calligraphette_Coe

I guess I'd have to say my baby face, only being 5'8" tall and my baby-fine long blonde hair. Having to have to cut my hair to perhaps change jobs is a recurring nightmare for me.

• Like 3
ChillaKilla
21 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

I guess I'd have to say my baby face, only being 5'8" tall and my baby-fine long blonde hair. Having to have to cut my hair to perhaps change jobs is a recurring nightmare for me.

:(:cake: 

• Like 2
butterflydreams
22 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

*hugs* and :cake:

This fear is very real, I have to say. I was just thinking about it on my way home a few days ago. If I ever had to cut my hair, I'd be beyond devastated. When I first started growing it out, it was crappy (because it looked bad) but I was just overflowing with anticipation of, "I've never had my hair this long before, I wonder what it's going to look like. What's it going to do?" It turns out my hair is naturally wavy. It just does what it does without me doing much of anything, and I love it. My hair color is unlike any of my siblings or my dad. It's basically what my mom's hair color was before she went grey. A dark brown with an ever so slight tinge of red.

• Like 5