I wish I could force myself to like sex

LittleGoody2Shoes

Well, if I could lose a bit and my asexual wife could gain a bit, then it would be so much easier to reach a good compromise, and we both want this mixed relationship to work!

I have had a hard time accepting my position. During my last relationship, I felt inadequate because I was not able to satisfy my partner as she did have needs.

However, after ending the relationship and returning to my former life as a person with friends and a healthy diet and working to appreciating myself, as well as meeting other aces, I'm more comfortable than ever.

For a long time I wish I could have sex, but really, as time goes on, I am happy with the way things are. I like the idea that somebody that wants to me around me actually likes me for who I am, rather than just being interested in my donger.

LittleGoody2Shoes
12 hours ago, doggalogga said:

I have had a hard time accepting my position. During my last relationship, I felt inadequate because I was not able to satisfy my partner as she did have needs.

However, after ending the relationship and returning to my former life as a person with friends and a healthy diet and working to appreciating myself, as well as meeting other aces, I'm more comfortable than ever.

For a long time I wish I could have sex, but really, as time goes on, I am happy with the way things are. I like the idea that somebody that wants to me around me actually likes me for who I am, rather than just being interested in my donger.

I'm glad things have worked out for you. I thought breaking/divorces in the past were very liberating myself. It's a good point that someone will like you for who you are without sex in the equation.

7 hours ago, Karl said:

I'm glad things have worked out for you. I thought breaking/divorces in the past were very liberating myself. It's a good point that someone will like you for who you are without sex in the equation.

I am still trying to work things out though. Im more accepting of myself than ever, but that's still a work in progress, as I am sure it is for a long of people :)

I think that even in sexual relationships though, people should like each other for who they are, rather than just the sexual aspect. One day when the sex dries up, what will they have left? Simplistic outlook I know, but a good head-job doesn't make a good marriage!

Yes, I am well aware of that. 

But people do get married for the wrong reasons sometimes.

Jesus Christ has nothing to do with this topic. :)

cristalfleurs

Yes.

Here's the thing. I want a romantic partner, and I wish sex is something I could give her (assuming her to be allosexual, because statistics). Because I'm asexual, even if I were to stop being sex-repulsed, I think from her perspective there would be something missing because I wouldn't be into it. So I'm never going to quite be able to give that in the way that would probably be desired, and I wish I could.

• 3 weeks later...
EggplantWitch

I'd rather everyone else in the world became ace. But that probably sounds elitist as hell so: yes, if I could become allosexual I would do so in a heartbeat.

Sure, it's pretty nice not getting distracted or frustrated by sexual attractions or thoughts, but the moment I realised I was actually interested in seeking out relationships (somewhere between 1-2 years ago) I felt that being asexual was a curse. All I EVER hear about is how great a relationship was, but there wasn't enough sex. I love her, but she doesn't have sex. You can get married, but without sex it doesn't mean anything and it certainly won't last no matter how much you love each other. And MAYBE I might find an ace guy out there, but that's less than 1% of the male population, add onto that the chances that I actually like him, and he likes me, and it adds up to being roughly equivalent to winning the lottery. So all in all it's easier to try and make peace with the fact I'll never be in a lasting relationship than it is to try and force one to work.

DesiButters519x

Honestly... no. Even if I am still struggling with it today, I can't picture myself any other way.

Archived