My company printed an Asexuality article in its mag!

Retronaut

Hi everyone

I work for a large company (in the health / social care field) and they have an internal magazine that comes out quarterly. We always try to cover what we did for Pride, and last year was no exception. Well, some months ahead I tapped the marketing folks up to see if they'd like an asexuality article as part of that, as I said we're not that well known about, and the lovelies grabbed it with both hands!

I've got to admit they gave me a tall order with the word count - after shoehorning it in to 500 words they then told me the target was 350 (!!) so I've had to be rather whistle-stop in my coverage and not been able to just open up and chat nearly as much as I'd wanted to. But the week it came out someone accosted one of the marketing peeps in the cafeteria and said how much they'd appreciated the article, so it's grand to know it achieved something.

Assuming the technology hasn't defeated me and this link works, you can have a read here....

http://s291.photobucket.com/user/somekindadoomsdaymachine/media/Asexuality article.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheers everyone

Retronaut

LittleGoody2Shoes

That's a good article, and I think its just enough information to inform those who haven't heard of it. What are blue jokes?

Thanks Karl, glad you liked it!

Oh, something's "blue" if it's smutty or sexually oriented.

That's awesome! You did a really great job compressing all that information into such a limited word count. I certainty couldn't have done it. Not half as well, anyway. Well done! 

:cake: :cake: :cake:

Wow, this is great! Well done, and thanks for helping with visibility this way! :cake::cake::cake:

Thanks everyone, pleased you think I did a good job! (and thanks for the cake :D)

I ought to slip in here, I did supply captions for the pics, explaining that we often wear a black ring and on the middle finger of the right hand (without which it's just a random incongruous picture of my hand) and also about the meaning of the stripes on the flag, but whether for space / time constraints or honest to gosh forgetting, somehow they never made the finished cut. Never mind, I'm sure a switched-on reader will cotton on.

Really nice article synthetic introduction to asexuality. Good job :cake:

Thanks everyone, I'm pleased it's gone down well.

By the way, I used the article as a springboard to come out on Facebook last Friday (not *such* a big deal as it sounds as I'm not a big facebooker and I only have about 20 of my closest friends on there), and a couple of people in particular were quite interested. Especially, one person who is doing a PHD on (?) gender studies or similar asked if she could share it on and took a great interest in how we're under-represented / not so well known about, not seen in LGBT+ spaces so much.

And so the wheel turns....!

Archived