Sex aversion?

RavenAlyssa

I am sex repulsed but beyond that I'm also just not interested in it. At all. I'd feel no need to partake even if I wasn't repulsed by it. So that's why I'd consider myself asexual, but you may consider yourself asexual just for the fact it repulses you. Depends on the individual I'd say,

I'm sex-averse, but I knew that I was straight up asexual before realising what sex-averse meant. I never desire sex, regardless of my feelings towards it. It certainly depends on the person, but for me, those are two somewhat separate things.

The way I think of it is that some people have no interest in sex plus they're sex averse/repulsed, while others have some interest in sex but this interest is overruled by their sex aversion/repulsion. I would suggest that asexual is more appropriate to describe the first type and that gray-asexual is more appropriate to describe the second type (I consider myself gray-asexual for this reason), but the community has yet to settle on a standard terminology. I'd also add that people can be gray-asexual on account of having a low level of interest in sex, without being sex averse/repulsed.

I suppose sex aversion goes beyond asexuality? At least if it is lived out sanely?

Why split hairs? - A gray asexual partner might too rarely get into a sexual mood. An asexual one might play along for a while to please you but you'll most likely notice a difference between them trying to participate in your thing and others doing theirs with you. Somebody sex repulsed would probably utter comments hinting into that direction before things  get too far?

Why make a difference between various people not interested in you at all?

17 minutes ago, Busrider said:

I suppose sex aversion goes beyond asexuality? At least if it is lived out sanely?

Why split hairs? - A gray asexual partner might too rarely get into a sexual mood. An asexual one might play along for a while to please you but you'll most likely notice a difference between them trying to participate in your thing and others doing theirs with you. Somebody sex repulsed would probably utter comments hinting into that direction before things  get too far?

Why make a difference between various people not interested in you at all?

I agree that from the perspective of a potential sexual partner, probably all that's really going to matter is the fact that you're sex repulsed and don't want to have sex. But I think that for understanding yourself, how you got to that point makes a difference.

Well, it's easy for me. I am not averse, but I have no interest in it either. Sex is just an activity that is enjoyable to some, repulsive to others, and "meh" to people like me. But that's life.

Archived