Agender vs. Neutrois vs. cis-genderless

Biblichor and Ozone

Biblichor and Ozone

Hey, so im sort of confused about the specifics of gender identity. I dont always have dysphoria, but i would very much prefer to have a sexless body. Im sex-repulsed so im not sure if its because of that, and i dont really feel like i have a gender, but im fine with wearing clothes that match my assigned gender most of the time as long as i look aesthetically attractive. From what ive read the dysphoria would make me neutrois, but the having no gender would be agender, and the ambivalence toward gender presentation would be cis-genderless. Anyone have some information to help me clarify?

Dodecahedron314

It's definitely possible to be agender and dysphoric--the determining factor between agender and neutrois is generally considered to be whether you feel like you just plain don't have a gender (agender) or if you feel like you have a gender, but it's a neutral one (neutrois). If you're thinking of gender as colors, for instance, where red is female and blue is male, neutrois could be the gray in between, while agender would just be no color at all. Also, your presentation doesn't have any bearing on your identity--it's still possible to be agender or neutrois and present in a way that most people would read as cis, if that's what you're comfortable with. Hope that helps! :cake:

To me, cis-genderless is not quite as nonbinary as what you're describing. A cis-genderless person wouldn't prefer to have a body different from their own. It's more a term for people who don't care about their gender and just go with what they've been assigned because it doesn't matter to them.        

Biblichor and Ozone

thanks for the help. that makes a lot more sense

Archived