Anyone literally feel half sexual half asexual?

Devil Kisses

That's close to the way I feel. I don't quite feel asexual enough to identify as grey asexual, but I do feel less sexual than the average allosexual. I've always had a vague attraction to girls. It was just there and I didn't care. When I tried to come out of the closet I realized people expected me to have "sexual attraction" to girls. That's when I started to be confused. I bet I would have never thought about this if I were straight. Plenty of straight people tell me they experience attraction like me. 

NerotheReaper

I can't say for sure based on the little information given. 

This is a very useful thread that I suggest you to look at and can determine for yourself what feels right. 

Hope you find what you're looking for!

scarletlatitude

I kind of feel like that sometimes. I like to think of it as flexible asexuality. I just say I'm an ace because that's true 99.99% of the time. 

There is such a thing as gray sexual as well. ;) 

Devil Kisses
On 2/26/2017 at 6:57 PM, Isak said:

What do you mean by "vague attraction"? Can you make an example, please?

I just feel a general feeling of attraction. Or that person is glowing, or I feel a "spiritual connection." I'm not thinking overtly sexual thoughts or nessarily getting overtly sexual feelings, but if I get the opportunity to have sex with that person I would be into it. I don't know if my lack of overt sexual feelings will affect my sex life. I sometimes get overt sexual attraction, but it's pretty rare. 

47 minutes ago, Devil Kisses said:

I just feel a general feeling of attraction. Or that person is glowing, or I feel a "spiritual connection." I'm not thinking overtly sexual thoughts or nessarily getting overtly sexual feelings, but if I get the opportunity to have sex with that person I would be into it. I don't know if my lack of overt sexual feelings will affect my sex life. I sometimes get overt sexual attraction, but it's pretty rare. 

Some sexual people are like that. Not all sexuals experience "sexual attraction" in the sense of looking at someone, becoming aroused, and wanting to have sex with them. If they still experience an innate desire for partnered sex and would want it with certain people under the right circumstances, they're still sexual (at least in my opinion). Many sexual people on AVEN have said that they don't experience sexual attraction in that sense either, but they still consider themselves sexual because they innately desire sex (often for the purpose of bonding with a partner).

• 2 months later...
Guest Lady.Lizard

I identify with this so much. Sometimes I feel like I crave sex, but then at the last second it's like something hits the 'off switch' and it's gone and i"m back to being a creeped out, freaked out sex-repulsed grey-ace. So I do get the whole, not asexual enough to be grey, but not quite sexual either thing. it's dead annoying, because you never know what to tell people :( 

• 2 weeks later...
Trøllabundin

It sometimes happen to me, this is why I identify as grey, but then, I feel sexual only in the presence of my boyfriend until things start to heat up; I physically become turned off, but mentally satisfied because all I want is to please him. I may be sexual (because he attracts me), but mentally talking, I need physical stimulation to get aroused.

Half/half sounds greysexual to me ;) 

Archived