Being Considered Unattractive

RedSheep2

I don't care. I mean I don't think anyone is obligated to think i'm pretty so if they think i'm unattractive, then they think i'm unattractive and life goes on...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm plain. I'm fat, I have PCOS, which means I grow hair in places that no woman should, I wear glasses, my eyes are close set, and I'm frequently asked when the baby is due by small children and small-minded people.

You know what else I am? I'm smart, well-educated, well-traveled, gregarious, and adventurous. I can help save a life, deliver a baby, or comfort a family after their loved one dies. I'm crap with money, but my family, friends and coworkers respect me. In spite of how I look, I know how to dress in ways that get me compliments regularly. I am awesome, and I look plain.

On the other hand, an 85 year old patient told me I looked like Betty Boop a couple days ago. That was pretty cool.

Beauty encompasses so much more than physical appearance. I feel bad for the people who let appearance limit the relationships they have with others, romantic or otherwise; they're really missing out on getting to know some awesome people.

I've been told I'm ugly by tons of people, but that's only because I have done nothing to amend my looks. The only thing I've fooled around with is hair styles. But I'm a practical guy, so I hate ones you gotta put effort into. 

When it comes to natural beauty though (no make up etc) I tend to be above average in looks.

I have had almost no relationship prospects. I have had a whole 4 relationships. 3 where due to my charming personality. 1 was due to somebody wanting sex. Noped outta that one.

AlexandraLouise

I think my problem with being called 'ugly' is that my mum and sister have pretty much drilled into me that you have to look a certain way (because they've always had poor body confidence)...

Also, if someone is saying that I'm ugly then it obviously means something to them and they are therefore thinking less of me because of my appearance and not my achievements which kind of sucks - I can control my achievements but (excluding cosmetics and surgery) I can't do anything about my appearance and I'd rather spend the time doing something worthwhile than putting makeup on to make me look like someone I'm not... and if someone's judging me on that then it kind of sucks... I've worked really hard to get where I am and if people only care about how I look well them pft Imma punch them all

My ex called me ugly on numerous occasions during our relationship. It always hurts most when it comes from people you care about. It didn't bother me anymore when people at school said it after a while because they didn't even know me. They even called me a slut once. I'm ace. Had to laugh so hard at the irony.

Well, now... I don't give a shit. I know I'm not a very pretty person so what? I even hate compliments because I don't want people to comment on my looks

On 2/21/2017 at 8:32 PM, RedSheep2 said:

If someone thought you were ugly, how would you feel? Hurt/rejected? Indifferent? Satisfied because there's a decreased chance of being sexualized?

OR would it highly depend on whose opinion it was? 

I wouldn't mind, i can't fault someone for being wrong about somthing, we all are from time to time.

Archived